Does Cls need the zeta to solo

Wardai
252 posts Member
Pretty much title, I should unlock Cls 7* and should be able to take him to g10 if I've counted my gear right. Also who out of the ones I've geared/leveled preferably would work great.

Replies

• Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    There are plenty of old videos for Soloing Rancor, search forum and Yutube because there aren’t just one single options, you have to figure it out what’s best on your own.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    You don't NEED the zeta to solo, but it will be harder. The zeta gives him (and your team if you're using a team with him) a bunch of turn meter so you can continue to hammer the Rancor with more TMR more often. If you're running him in a team with a bunch of other TMR characters, you really don't need the zeta unless your mods are terribly slow.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Edward wrote: »
    There are plenty of old videos for Soloing Rancor, search forum and Yutube because there aren’t just one single options, you have to figure it out what’s best on your own.

I know there are old vids and that but rather get fresh info as things probably have changed or better ways. I'll still check them out.
    Vertigo wrote: »
    You don't NEED the zeta to solo, but it will be harder. The zeta gives him (and your team if you're using a team with him) a bunch of turn meter so you can continue to hammer the Rancor with more TMR more often. If you're running him in a team with a bunch of other TMR characters, you really don't need the zeta unless your mods are terribly slow.

Been saving some speed mods for him. So you would probably recommend rex, tfp, tarkin which works in my other goals/areas. Thanks
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Wardai wrote: »

I know there are old vids and that but rather get fresh info as things probably have changed or better ways. I'll still check them out.

Been saving some speed mods for him. So you would probably recommend rex, tfp, tarkin which works in my other goals/areas. Thanks

TFP isn't going to help you much with CLS. CLS's special applies tenacity down and removes TM, and his basic applies speed down and removes TM from enemies w/ speed down. TFP was only ever used for Tenacity Down on his basic to help debuffs stick, but with CLS doing that someone else would be preferable. TFP is still solid DPS however so he can help drop the rancor faster. But yes, Rex, and Tarkin are both solid choices with their TMR capabilities.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Options

TFP isn't going to help you much with CLS. CLS's special applies tenacity down and removes TM, and his basic applies speed down and removes TM from enemies w/ speed down. TFP was only ever used for Tenacity Down on his basic to help debuffs stick, but with CLS doing that someone else would be preferable. TFP is still solid DPS however so he can help drop the rancor faster. But yes, Rex, and Tarkin are both solid choices with their TMR capabilities.

Maybe biggs without wedge, mines only 4*, and vader or magma? I don't know anyone else unless I try gearing/leveling up teebo
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Maybe biggs without wedge, mines only 4*, and vader or magma? I don't know anyone else unless I try gearing/leveling up teebo

Vader lead, CLS, Rex, Tarkin, TFP or Magma would be decent. Even without the zeta you still have the potential for TMR from Vader's lead, just not as often, nor as much, but that shouldn't be too problematic with a team of TMR.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Options

Vader lead, CLS, Rex, Tarkin, TFP or Magma would be decent. Even without the zeta you still have the potential for TMR from Vader's lead, just not as often, nor as much, but that shouldn't be too problematic with a team of TMR.

Thanks for that I’ll start modding rex and magma and leveling up theirs abilities.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Thr ibat zeta is probably worth about 23-46 speed on a cls who isnt modded well enough to solo without the zeta.

If you have time a g10 250 speed (225 with ibat zeta) cls can do a one man solo.