Timing of Event Reward Generation - working as intended, but not in player's interest

jkray622
1636 posts Member
A player today on the Bug Forum reported that after this last Territory Battle ended, his guild leader disbanded the guild. He had not logged on between those two times, and as a result did not get a reward email from the Territory Battle.

You can find the bug report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Guild-Disbanded-after-TB-bug/m-p/6888040#M15007

This was answered as "working as intended" (thus not a bug), and the reward cannot be distributed. This seems less-than-ideal for the players in that guild (and players in similar situations).

I propose changing this process so that reward emails are sent out to players immediately upon the end of a Territory Battle (or raid, or Territory War, or anything else with rewards at the end), regardless of whether they are online or not. The way it's currently coded (which is "working as intended") allows a player to complete an event or raid, and not get the rewards just because they happened not to be online immediately.

Replies

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Bumping for more attention. After pretty much every territory battle, at least one player hops onto the Bug Forums to report this, but is always told it's working as intended. Need more attention here if we ever want this to be improved for players.
  • Gamez
    1 posts Member
    Options
    This is a serious issue with the TB rewards, even if its not considered a "bug". This problem negatively effects a group of players at the end of every TB because its not stated anywhere that online presence is required to receive rewards prior to guild removals or guild disbands.

The short window between TB and TW guarantees that this will continue to happen and players will continue to report this issue, only for their spirits to be crushed with the "not a bug" response and we "can't do anything anyways". Losing a week's worth of work because you weren't logged in at reward distribution is infuriating.

Please, if anyone from CG reads this, take action on this problem because it is recurring and demoralizing to your players.
  • Options
    It's a bug and crap. If you do a game mode. You should get the reward, especially for territory wars and battles. I can see if you get kicked in the middle of a raid but not after a game mode is completed. It's not a fair rule.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Petrallo wrote: »
    It's a bug and ****. If you do a game mode. You should get the reward, especially for territory wars and battles. I can see if you get kicked in the middle of a raid but not after a game mode is completed. It's not a fair rule.

On the bug forums, it is not considered a bug because it is doing what the game developers designed and intended.

I agree that you should get the reward, which is why I put this here to try and effect change.
  • Options
    Same thing here. TW reshuffling caused lost TB rewards. This is acceptable. Distribute immediately when TB ends, just like you do with raids, arena and everything else. Stop stealing a week's worth of effort from people who earned it. It's not right.
  • Options
    How incredibly frustrating and disappointing. I was kicked from a guild today before rewards were paid (first 45 star win) and I recieved nothing. A week of work for nothing. This is pretty unfair considering I had no control over it.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Why were you kicked from the guild and did the guild officers know you'd lose your rewards?
This discussion has been closed.