Is there anywhere to buy the purple mats for toons?

I have entire squads suffering, pilots, etc I need a metric TON of these things?

- Doesn't seem to be a data card you can buy for these? (other than one that comes with a toon?)
- Supposed to be in fleet store? How much? Haven't seen them last few days that I can recall
- Anywhere else?
- Any good farming spots?

Getting desperate here. Will be getting R2 in 2 days, I'll need another boatload for him

I think CG should strongly consider putting a data card of these in the store for crystals with all the new toons we are being flooded with (great, but we need to keep up, too). Of course, they should increase the credits we get from the daily challenges too, those amounts are not good for anything

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    they are offered in the Materials pack i think, but that pack doesn't come around that often.

Fleet store is 500 for 1. (doesn't sounds worth it by any stretch)

Mats material challenge, Sunday, Wednesday, and Saturday.

need to work on your resource management, after a while you will have a bunch.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Forced metering. Makes you have to actually plan what you want to do. I have a file going for Phoenix so I know exactly what I need left to get them ready for the next Thrawn event. Timing is tight so I hope I can spare the 20 purple I will need for KRUs leader zeta.
  • Options
    Thanks Kyno. Ouch yeah 500 for 1 is horrible even compared to a Zeta, might as well save up and buy Zeta. (which because my ships stink, thanks to no purples in part, I am probably going to have to do)

Well I have went out all on farming, I needed several squads in short order to fulfill plans, so way behind on them but I do suspect I'll catch up, maybe a year from now lol. I am VERY careful where I spend them, like with Omegas. I'll be watching for that pack, and, I guess farming mods (frustrating experience, that) and high level cantina modes (once I get the toons I need most like FOX, etc first) to try and get more in the meantime.
  • Options
    Do we have a date for GA? I am VERY worried about this too. Now that Yoda and R2 are in the bag, I am panic farming Phoenix again in case GA comes first week in July. I will have star level, it is once again the purples and some gear that will be the issue.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Same. Need 128 more purple mats, 15 omegas and about 25 million credits...
  • TaviRus
    172 posts Member
    Options
    We don't have a July calendar yet, so we don't know for sure when Thrawn event will be. July is a reasonable expectation, but we could see early or late July. I suspect around the 14th give or take. We've had so many legendary events lately I suspect a small break is coming.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Apparently the pack in the store yields 9 Omega and 20-50 purples, which we all know will be 20 99% of the time. 1699 crystals, ouch. Still, I am thinking about it, at least you get the Omegas, you just won't be able to use them for awhile hah!

Mid July seems reasonable I was using the same logic, but I am planning for early JIC
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    You earn approximately 70-100 a week depending on your luck with cantina and galactic war nodes. So as long as it isn't immediately after R2/CLS we should be fine. As he's not listed in the events as "upcoming" I would assume he'll be at least two weeks away.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    That many? Holy crap, it sounds like a lot, yet, we know it is not enough, because you can easily sink that into just one toon. Edit - come on, c-r-a-p is blocked out? Are we in kindergarten here lol