It can be done! Full Jedi squad rank 1 in arena

Obi_six_Kenobi
370 posts Member
edited June 2018
wluob9xi7jvn.png
gf08e12c8avl.png

I was able to battle my way down beating nightmare, Rex lead with wampa and MT, and Rey teams. I doubt it will hold long on defense, but it was a lot of fun, which is the point of a game right?

Oh and my shard is a Dec 2016 shard, which may be more or less competitive than your shard.

Replies

• 3ReD7
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Great work!
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    That is awesome and very encouraging. We knew he was fantastic, but it seems he may even be a little better and bigger boost to the Jedi than we thought

Side note - How do we see how old the shard we on is? I started playing Sep 2016
  • Options
    That is a job well done!
  • Options
    And with a G9 Old Ben no less. Very nice!
  • Options
    That is awesome and very encouraging. We knew he was fantastic, but it seems he may even be a little better and bigger boost to the Jedi than we thought

Side note - How do we see how old the shard we on is? I started playing Sep 2016

I think it is just the month you started playing, at least I’ve never seen it anywhere in the game.

And yeah, GMYoda, is a huge boost, he’s almost like having bb8’s illuminated destiny go off much earlier, and he takes so many turns that he can almost keep tenacity up on the rest of the team constantly. And finally his damage output is huge.
  • Options
    RunchGwar wrote: »
    And with a G9 Old Ben no less. Very nice!

Thanks. I actually kind of like him at gear nine as He gets his mind trick off, absorbs an isolation or fracture, and then dies and returns my team to near full health, gives them all tm and speed up allowing them to clean up.
  • Options
    "Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not, for my Ally is the force. A powerful Ally it is"
  • IG007
    40 posts Member
    Options
    I know that guy! ;)
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    You! Have brought balance to the Force.
    Congrats
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
    Would you please report back, how it actually held on defense?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats! What's next, taking #1 in fleet with Endurance? :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I'd have some fun in your shard, he he...
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    Congrats! What's next, taking #1 in fleet with Endurance? :)

Haha! Yeah my ships need some work;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Photoshop?

:D

Congrats
  • Options
    Grats! I like seeing this... Unfortunately they'll use this as proof that Jedi don't need any help.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Oh and my shard is a Dec 2016 shard, which may be more or less competitive than your shard.

Wait did some just start and post and not say that their shard was the most competitive... Blasphemy!

On a serious note, I'm curious about relative speeds. (Don't need #s) Was your squad/hoda faster than most/all/few of your enemies? Been looking into playing around with GMY and Hoda and trying to figure out if I'd actually have to swap all my mods off the triumvirate or thrawn to get them to work well enough in arena.

Also.... work on your ships bud ;)
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Wait did some just start and post and not say that their shard was the most competitive... Blasphemy!

On a serious note, I'm curious about relative speeds. (Don't need #s) Was your squad/hoda faster than most/all/few of your enemies? Been looking into playing around with GMY and Hoda and trying to figure out if I'd actually have to swap all my mods off the triumvirate or thrawn to get them to work well enough in arena.

Yeah, ships just aren’t too fun for me, someday... anyways, yeah my Hyoda is fastest, then GMyoda, then Ezra. One of the nice things is that Ezra, Hyoda, and GK, can all feed GMyoda TM, by calling him to assist which he then grants himself tm on his basic, old Ben can usually grant Tm as well as some of his debuffs from mind trick are usually resisted. This allows me to use GMyoda usually 4 times while the other team gets one round of turns.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Sorry I read your comment wrong. My Hyoda was faster than most enemies that didn’t have some sort of speed boost at the beginning, like Vader or bb8. But Vader inflicts a total of 20 debuffs, and I just need one of them to be resisted and feed that toon Tm, whoever that toon is will call GMyoda to assist giving him tm and allowing him to grant foresight and tenacity up.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    So that "win 10 arena battles" quest is possible?
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    Impressive. Most impressive!
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »

just switch to a crappy team and drop down in arena between 150-200, put your best Jedi team on and win 10 battles. I already got it out of the way lol
  • Options
    Dunedain wrote: »

just switch to a **** team and drop down in arena between 150-200, put your best Jedi team on and win 10 battles. I already got it out of the way lol

Place 150-200 is still loaded with golden zetaed sith teams
  • Options
    Dunedain wrote: »

just switch to a **** team and drop down in arena between 150-200, put your best Jedi team on and win 10 battles. I already got it out of the way lol

Place 150-200 is still loaded with golden zetaed sith teams

I can easily beat golden zetaed palp teams with the full Jedi squad above. So far in offense, I haven’t lost a single match against your standard, palp, Vader, nihilus, thrawn, Sion teams out of about 20 matches.

So yes it is possible, and no you don’t have to drop down to lower ranks
  • Options
    Roopehun wrote: »
    Congratulations :)
    Would you please report back, how it actually held on defense?

I had to do two refreshes, but ended up rank 3 at payout, when I went to bed I was rank 9, and when I woke up I was rank 25. Much better than I expected.
  • Options
    Can you reach rank 1 yes, will you fall 50+ spots yes. I have been using Yoda lead since the rework and have on most days fell to 50 or more. One day only to 24, but that’s from lack of attack’s not cause it’s anywhere near good on defense. Do not invest in Yoda to do well in arena, there are much better teams and when everyone has Traya lead shortly you better hope you have way better mods so you have a chance to climb.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Do you think the team would benefit by having Old Ben geared up more, or better how it is? With GMY spreading buffs around I am not sure the extra ones from Ben and helping that much
  • Options
    Do you think the team would benefit by having Old Ben geared up more, or better how it is? With GMY spreading buffs around I am not sure the extra ones from Ben and helping that much

It’s more the protection, health, and Tm. Right now old Ben dies right around his 4th turn. Which against an AOE team like sith, the rest of my team is slightly at risk, where if they are able to get a couple of big hits against Yoda or Ezra, they’ll die. Old Ben dying gives me a nice 2nd wind.