Excess Sim Tickets / Items

Lhorath
12 posts Member
I've Noticed that myself as well as most people in my guild have quite a very large excess in Sim Tickets, Low-Level Ability Mats, Low Level Gear etc.

Gear wise, this isn't a major problem for lower ended players because its good to have a lot of gear for donations to others and what not but there gets to be a point where you get to where most people are now in end-game content and nothing to use your 2000+ Mk5 Loronar Power cells on. Sure new characters do come out but this is a little excessive. We could really use some sort of gear exchange eiither for higher tier gear or for a new type of currency, to try and help us get gear we actually need/want. this could also work well as an exchange for Ability mats right up to zeta even a 10:1 ratio could be helpful. (Or an Auction-house)

Now my biggest issue is the over abundance of sim tickets i currently possess and i don't think i'm alone, we need some sort of event with maybe eliminated or nearly eliminated energy for a weekend or other short period of time once every few months where we can do something to spend these sim tickets were unwillingly hoarding in excesses of even 20k (im sure there are some with higher this is just where im at personally). i dont know these are just thought but im sure im not the only one who feels this way

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    The overabundance of sim tickets is not an issue.

Sim tickets are deeply ingrained in the code, to the point where they are difficult to remove, so the solution was arbitrary overabundance. They are not a currency. They are effectively not a game mechanic once you unlock the fleet arena.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Sim tickets are deeply ingrained in the code, to the point where they are difficult to remove, so the solution was arbitrary overabundance. They are not a currency. They are effectively not a game mechanic once you unlock the fleet arena.

This,

And, while a gear upgrade feature would be interesting, it likely won’t be implemented. As mentioned before, there used to be a sell gear option, however, it was for a tiny amount of credits, and it was removed because people would sell gear that they wanted ,like mk3 carbanti , by accident.
  • Options
    OMG - don't even discuss Sim Tickets. I was one of the schmucks who never had enough... between that and simming GW those are aspects of the game that have been fixed too well... they'll remove it you speak about it too loudly......
    GcAV.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Lhorath
    12 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

This,

And, while a gear upgrade feature would be interesting, it likely won’t be implemented. As mentioned before, there used to be a sell gear option, however, it was for a tiny amount of credits, and it was removed because people would sell gear that they wanted ,like mk3 carbanti , by accident.

I personally just find it super annoying to have extra in such a high amount and ill never be able to use them, as far as people selling things they need thats user error and shouldnt matter.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Lhorath wrote: »

This,

I personally just find it super annoying to have extra in such a high amount and ill never be able to use them, as far as people selling things they need thats user error and shouldnt matter.

Accidentally sells mods: EA is such a CASH GRABBER.....disgusting

Acidentally zetas: WOW EA such terrible CASH-GRABBING Tatics

Accidentally buys wrong stun gun: EA is cash grabbing. Totally should be blamed

as a matter of fact, i agree with you. until the above people dont exsist, however, EA just wont consider it.
  • Lhorath
    12 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

This,

as a matter of fact, i agree with you. until the above people dont exsist, however, EA just wont consider it.

I grew up thinking tactically when it came to games and realised very early on that its my fault when i make mistakes, (you know like an adult)
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options

This,

I grew up thinking tactically when it came to games and realised very early on that its my fault when i make mistakes, (you know like an adult)

i know that. I m just saying that EA will protect itself by keeping the game foolproof by removing options such as these until everyone follows your admirable mindset. I m also of the opinon
  • Lhorath
    12 posts Member
    Options

This,

i know that. I m just saying that EA will protect itself by keeping the game foolproof by removing options such as these until everyone follows your admirable mindset. I m also of the opinon

Honestly though, the way I'm trying to look at it is for people who are high-level, know what they are doing, and have higher amounts of low-level gear they no longer require and could really benefit from some sort of trade-up option
  • Options
    Just as we can 'favorite' our toons in our rosters, how about a 'gear lock' feature that the player sets on their gear so they can't accidentally sell it. We'd need to be able to see all of our unused gear, though.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Just wow!
    Players complained that they were running out of SIM tickets so EA/CG gave out an abundance of SIM tickets via Fleet Arena. And now the next complaint is that there are too many SIM tickets and should be changed for something more valuable?
    Players accidentally sold gear that they eventually needed so EA/CG removed the option to sell excess gear. And now the complaint is that there are too many excess gear that should be upgraded for something else?
    Players accidentally zeta characters so EA/CG added an extra confirmation button to try and reduce such situations. Wonder what the complaint to that would be?
  • Lhorath
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Just wow!
    Players complained that they were running out of SIM tickets so EA/CG gave out an abundance of SIM tickets via Fleet Arena. And now the next complaint is that there are too many SIM tickets and should be changed for something more valuable?
    Players accidentally sold gear that they eventually needed so EA/CG removed the option to sell excess gear. And now the complaint is that there are too many excess gear that should be upgraded for something else?
    Players accidentally zeta characters so EA/CG added an extra confirmation button to try and reduce such situations. Wonder what the complaint to that would be?

Its more on the end of, if i can earn something or get something in-game i want to have a use for it, people who mistakenly get rid of gear or other items or do things by accident shouldnt have ever been adressed in the first place, its simple user error, not the fault of EA & CG. but yeah there will always be some sort of complaint about anything. Mines not really a complaint more me wanting to be able to do something with all this extra junk i have
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    You aren't earning sim tickets.

Look at the fleet arena rewards. Both first and last place get 150 sim tickets.

They're not a currency. They're a retired mechanic, and abundance was much easier and less likely to cause cascading bugs than actually removing sim tickets from the game.
    Still not a he.
  • Lhorath
    12 posts Member
    Options

They're not a currency. They're a retired mechanic, and abundance was much easier and less likely to cause cascading bugs than actually removing sim tickets from the game.

I see that argument for it alot that its easier to give more than it is to remove, which is actually entirely incorrect the only way it would be correct is if the programmed poorly.
  • Options

I see that argument for it alot that its easier to give more than it is to remove, which is actually entirely incorrect the only way it would be correct is if the programmed poorly.

Or programmed early and before the long-term road map. Excess gear and sim tickets is just not an issue to playability.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2942 posts Member
    Options
    I have over 200k ship training droids...would love to sell some back.....
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I have over 200k ship training droids...would love to sell some back.....

LOL , really ,. . Do you not level your ships lol
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    You run out of useful ships to level.

I've got ten ships at level 85, six more at level 75+, two capital ships at level 85, the other two at level 75, and I still have over one hundred thousand ship training droids. At about ten months of actual play time. Those things accumulate.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    All ships are useful to level up,
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Relative to other potential uses of ship credits? Not necessarily.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Other uses? What, praying that mod you bought rolls speed? That’s for paying after the work (ships levelled) is all done.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    You get more overall gain from a couple okay mods than from leveling ships you aren't going to use. You don't need more than two fleets.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    LOL, whatever you say.