Like the title says, seems these are some candidates:

Lumi -- gets the speed boost, strong dps, strong heal
GS -- strong all around, assist, good speed
IG86 -- high dps, assist, but low speed
Sid -- AOE, heal blocks
Phasma -- turn manipulation, AOE
Dooku -- high speed, could counter opponent's Dooku
Old Daka -- heals, revives, stuns

What in your opinion is the best FTP team with QGJ lead?
Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    (whispers) Anakin, but that's STRICTLY between us.
    Horrible farm and gear process though.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin is great (so fast!) but barely FTP since it'll take 6 months to 7*.

Something like QGJ (L), Lumi, GS, Sid, Dooku (especially if your server has a lot of QGJ) is very strong. I like Sid to debuff Rey on the first turn, but if your server does not have a lot of Reys, I think that Daka would be great with all the assists (I'm working on her right now).
  • HanYolo
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin does look like a tough farm. Not a ton of QGJs on our server and less Reys, but there are more QGJs every day it seems.
  • Speaker4thedead
    444 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Ain't that the truth. I started farming him as soon as his nodes were available. Currently he sits 1/2 way to 5*. 80% of the days I go 0/6. Sometimes I get lucky, and he is in shipments and i can buy 3 shards for 150 gems. I SO wish they would add him to a cantina node. But then you would see him a lot more. And Anakin is one I avoid at all costs if I see him in the arena 6* or better.

To the OP, if you are having any difficulty in GW, Barris is a very useful toon. She has health for days. Her healing heals through a heal block. Plus she gets a speed boost by QGJ. Lumi is also a must have. She hits almost as hard as a DPS toon, plus her healing lasts for 3 turns. IG86 is also a great DPS guy who is extremely easy to lvl. He is available almost everywhere to farm. Which means if u concentrate on him, you can have him to 6* in NO time. With the added bonus of the 30 shards you got of him last month. Daka is also fabulous. Her heal heals through heal block, she gets a chance to revive herself once defeated, she has a chance to revive a downed member at 1 health, as well as 10% health. Not to mention she has the health of a tank. Lastly, I would suggest GS. His assist move can be a game changer. But consider this, he is the one all the cry babies are now screaming to get a nerf.

After I posted this seeing other comments, Rey is also one to consider. She will take forever to 7*, and even at 7 she is squishy, but even at 4*, she has taken out my 6* Barris in 1 turn. She got me with the 4 strike and took out a toon with over 15k health.
  • HanYolo
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    I'm running 6*Qgj lead, 7*lumi, 7*gs, 7*resistance pilot and 7*storm trooper Han. Most are geared save 1 50 piece gear. Qgj was viable at 5* as he usually gets off his assist then dies before Han can taunt. If Qgj or gs draw Han on an assist he can move up his turn. Don't use Han unless he's maxed. I stay in the top 15 or so on defense and can beat most teams, finish top 10 daily. Totally ftp, I like the challenge. Resistance pilot is a pain to gear, not sure I'd do that again. i replaced 86 with him.
  • HanYolo
    21 posts Member
    Options
    I forgot about Han, another one to think about. That sounds like a solid lineup.
  • Padme
    61 posts Member
    Options
    Qgj, Lumi, GS, Dooku and Poe (if assists keep calling poe, put Phasma instead of him), would be nice.
  • Options
    Lumi, Han
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • HanYolo
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Is Poe viable at 4*? He would compete for cantina credits if I worked to gear him up but is still doable I think.
  • HanYolo
    21 posts Member
    Options
    So based on the comments, would this work:

QGJ (L)
    Lumi
    IG-86
    GS
    Sid
    Han

Seems to be an easy farm.
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe if they increase the team size to 6
    (maybe choose between Han/Sid since they are both Arena and either would make a good team)
  • HanYolo
    21 posts Member
    Options
    lol good catch.
  • Options
    I would definitely go Sid in place of Han. Han is as bad as Chewie. Even at 7* he is easy to put down.
  • Options
    Im top 10 on my shard. Speedy lineup.
    QGJ, GS, Rey, Dooku, Sid.

And my Rey is only 5. Still speed killing some toons.

Daka is good too, as is Lumi esp with QGJ speed buff. You either go for quick heal if things havent got in your way, or maybe abi block/kill someone.
  • Options

Shhhhhh...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

If he was even a slightly easier farm, I'd go after him.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Currently running QGJ (L) GS, poggle, dooku, Sid. Nasty damage on the first turn, then my survivors have offense up to finish off the rest . sometimes switch Sid for lumi, gonna try Ani in that slot soon
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    Options
    Currently running QGJ(L) GS Lumi Douku Sid, it works fine. Most of the time it is 5v3 after first run, and Lumi gets the heal after the opponent sid gives AOE. Any Hk47/Poggle/phasma/sid/Lumi lead teams are okay to deal with but I always avoid QGJ(L) teams.
  • Options
    HanYolo wrote: »
    Is Poe viable at 4*? He would compete for cantina credits if I worked to gear him up but is still doable I think.

Yes, imo.
  • Toolio
    175 posts Member
    Options
    I'm currently running:

QGJ (L)
    Daka
    Dooku
    Sid
    IG-88

Does pretty well, unless I get screwed with RNG
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    Toolio, your QGJ speeds only himself. I do not see sense on it. It can be team QGJ(L)+Luminara+JC+x+x. It can have a sense. But if you will remove JC is time to replace a leader. If new char will be Phasma, it should be a leader. This is for arena. The GW is other world . Here Sid is to remove first and QGJ's lead is correct.
  • Options
    Exactly. QGJ lead seems a bit pointless when he only buffs himself (and maybe Lumi). I'd rather have Sid lead or Phasma at this point.
  • Options
    Drayden wrote: »
    Exactly. QGJ lead seems a bit pointless when he only buffs himself (and maybe Lumi). I'd rather have Sid lead or Phasma at this point.

QGJ lead even alone can be worth it. Look at who you're facing. If you are facing GS, poggle, leia, rey, etc. Then a QGJ lead is worth it even if he's the only jedi.
  • Options
    Best FTP toons with him aren't actually Jedi (weird, I know)

I think go for any of: GS, Poggle, Phasma, Daka, Dooku

It's ALL about that first turn assist attack!
  • Options
    Also - if the enemy has a Savage Oppress, hit him with humbling blow first turn for immediate offense up for whole team
  • HanYolo
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Lots of farming to do.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    Drayden wrote: »

QGJ lead even alone can be worth it. Look at who you're facing. If you are facing GS, poggle, leia, rey, etc. Then a QGJ lead is worth it even if he's the only jedi.

This is correct. QGJ goes first if he's lead. At higher levels he can one shot most toons with his attack that calls in an assist. That assist is 100% (as opposed to Phasma's 18%). In high level arena, you want to take down opponents before they even take an action. Often making it 4 on 5 right out the gate (especially the weaker 4) + a bad AI running the 4, is a recipe for a win.

If he calls in Rey, BLAM. If he calls in Sid or 88, heal block (even if it doesn't kill), if he calls in Daka, stun. If he calls in Dooku, stun chance (almost auto if it's an enemy Jedi).

Bonus:
    If you have Dooku or Sid, they will then usually go next. So 3 shots on 1 opponent.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    There is one player which I use is Hoth Rebel Scout. He is great speed. I use Sid, GS and HRS, and then Lumi and JC. They take me almost through GW.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am running QJC (lead) Lumi/Dooku/Yoda/GS.
    Great results and super fast.