Early adopter feeling unhappy

First time poster feeling compelled to use this title ...

I’ve played SWGOH for 2.5 years and probably spent £500 in this time ... it could be more and I don’t want to check. In this time I spent my hard earned money on necessary teams. Teebo for the Rancor raid, Jawas for the Tank raid.

I know I’m not alone in feeling exploited...I level characters (GP is 2.7 million) and aim to be as free to play as possible. The game doesn’t want this though...Jawas have been doing a good amount of damage in T5 Sith Raid through the Scavengers unique ability ... around 1.2 million per team, all phases, but now detonators have been nerfed. I can’t see any patch notes being transparent about this.

In the same way I have a zader team that does 4-9 million per phase, again dot damage was tweaked, nerfed and tenacity increased to prevent higher scores, in my opinion. The list goes on, and I will not be aware of all issues.

On of my guild members said today it’s like buying a 7 seater car, only to find out when it’s delivered the manufacturer decided 5 seats was enough.

I am looking for reassurance from CG that things are going to improve, quickly. And also a link to the patch notes where abilities were changed ...

Replies

• Options
    I feel the same way - sink comparable amount of $$ as you. I started on Dec 2015.

I also feel exploited and do not have much enjoyment to go on. I just barely hang on because of sink cost and hopeful that things might get better ( they are not)

Producers and game designers just do what they want to do or are told to do discarding the community feedback. They give features community didn't ask for and sometimes didn't want while neglecting the things community is asking for.

You can be the judge whether things will get improve quickly or another lip service with totally opposite execution of being asked.

I am now drawn towards other games.
  • Options
    Can't speak for spenders in general since I'm F2P but I wouldn't hold your breath the game is generally directed and updated for the biggest spenders. The 1% that spend thousands or 100's of thousands.
  • Leafty91
    18 posts Member
    Options
    This post makes no sense, Zader was never a thing for the raid, neither did any debuff heavy squads. Detonators where never supposed to work on heroic either.

You spent 500$ once upon a time and you expected they would last forever, perhaps this should be a lesson not to spend any money on video games unless you're willing to lose them
  • Leafty91
    18 posts Member
    Options
    DoOrDoNot wrote: »
    I feel the same way - sink comparable amount of $$ as you. I started on Dec 2015.

I also feel exploited and do not have much enjoyment to go on. I just barely hang on because of sink cost and hopeful that things might get better ( they are not)

Producers and game designers just do what they want to do or are told to do discarding the community feedback. They give features community didn't ask for and sometimes didn't want while neglecting the things community is asking for.

You can be the judge whether things will get improve quickly or another lip service with totally opposite execution of being asked.

I am now drawn towards other games.

If you're going to spend hundreds of dollars on a video game and then complain about it, you probably shouldn't have done it in the first place. If you feel bad then you should not have done it in the first place
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Tbh, I think the first part of the post is really not relevant to what you’re trying to convey.

Unless you’re saying “I (used to) spend money and I’m a long time player, so please make improvements to the sith raid”

I think everyone/ majority already acknowledges that the sith raid needs to be re-tuned. Adding the part that you spent money on the game really is irrelevant because that’s your choice in a game that can be played purely F2P.

That being said, new raids have different mechanics, you can’t expect a Teebo team do do good or solo in HAAT. Or a Jawa team to solo the Pit Raid. There’s different teams for each raid.

Also, teams for the Pit Raid and HAAT are F2P to farm.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I have not seen too much posting about lower tier raids, and maybe the mechanics are altered enough, but debuff based attacks and attack plans dont do well u less very well timed. If you are getting them to stick, thsts great and no changes to their damages have been made.
  • Options
    Perhaps my point isn’t conveying what I want to really get across.

What confidence do I have investing more into a game where there is constant “rebalancing”, for what I consider beta content?

Kyno are you saying that no changes to damage output have been made in the past 3 months? I can’t believe that if that’s the case.

Leafty...zader is a big deal, and your comment about debuff heavy squads is my point. To progress from tier 4 we couldn’t build new teams, so we’re loading debuff teams with high potency (100%+) to increase damage. Since most players have zader now, Jawas etc I can see why it wouldn’t help CG with cash flow if they were relevant.

Building 5 new teams to g12, isn’t f2p, which the game claims be.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Not sure what you’re talking about I’ve almost build 3 new teams to G12 since the Sith raid release (JTR, Nightsisters and Imp Troopers) - it is definitely F2P. Also, they don’t NEED to be G12, G11 works just fine with decent mods. However, G12 does slightly increase damage.

Edit:
    I’m any game, the “meta” or “what is good” is always in constant flux, that is what keeps the game alive. Would you be happy playing a game where everyone runs the same team in arena all the time?

Yes, some rebalance issues I don’t nexessarily agree with (ships) but it’s also something you have to work around. Despite not liking the new ship rework, I still managed to increase my fleet ranking, and now closing in the top 10s if I’m consistent with my battles.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

What confidence do I have investing more into a game where there is constant “rebalancing”, for what I consider beta content?

Kyno are you saying that no changes to damage output have been made in the past 3 months? I can’t believe that if that’s the case.

Leafty...zader is a big deal, and your comment about debuff heavy squads is my point. To progress from tier 4 we couldn’t build new teams, so we’re loading debuff teams with high potency (100%+) to increase damage. Since most players have zader now, Jawas etc I can see why it wouldn’t help CG with cash flow if they were relevant.

Building 5 new teams to g12, isn’t f2p, which the game claims be.

There is your problem. The integration mechanics chnage as you go up levels. They all have tenacity buffs on damage, and that buff increases in each tier of the raid, so that will cause you to have to adjust your strategy and plan as you move up in tiers. Here is the final heroic tier version, compare that to your tier. The stacking tenacity is brutal to any buffs after the first hit.

eopv1giquols.jpg

And yes you are correct. In the areas you are talking about there have been no changes to the amount of damage done by those effects.
  • Options
    Zyno as i understand, while tenacity increases after each hit, it resets after each boss takes a turn. With base tenacity increasing by 10% per defeated ally. Which as far as I can see is a hidden mechanic?
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    In the same way I have a zader team that does 4-9 million per phase, again dot damage was tweaked, nerfed and tenacity increased to prevent higher scores, in my opinion.

My DOT team has done the same damage in T4 and T5 since I started using them, which is close to when the raid was launched. Your opinion is incorrect in my opinion.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Zyno as i understand, while tenacity increases after each hit, it resets after each boss takes a turn. With base tenacity increasing by 10% per defeated ally. Which as far as I can see is a hidden mechanic?

The base tenacity increase is only for Traya in P3. And I'm not sure how it's "hidden" since it's right in the text.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    There is your problem. The integration mechanics chnage as you go up levels. They all have tenacity buffs on damage, and that buff increases in each tier of the raid, so that will cause you to have to adjust your strategy and plan as you move up in tiers. Here is the final heroic tier version, compare that to your tier. The stacking tenacity is brutal to any buffs after the first hit.

eopv1giquols.jpg

The 50% increase is the same across all tiers. The difference in tiers is in base tenacity.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Jawas have been doing a good amount of damage in T5 Sith Raid through the Scavengers unique ability ... around 1.2 million per team, all phases, but now detonators have been nerfed. I can’t see any patch notes being transparent about this.

In the same way I have a zader team that does 4-9 million per phase, again dot damage was tweaked, nerfed and tenacity increased to prevent higher scores, in my opinion. The list goes on, and I will not be aware of all issues.

I would be very surprised if CG made such changes without informing the community.
    My alt is seeing more or less the same scores with jawa in tier 4.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Leafty91 wrote: »
    This post makes no sense, Zader was never a thing for the raid, neither did any debuff heavy squads. Detonators where never supposed to work on heroic either.

Your post makes no sense. OP is discussing tier 5 — not heroic.

Detonators work quite well on sub—heroic tiers. Zader works ok as well, due to the irresistable TM reduction. DoTs rarely stick on lower tiers as well. There are many teams, that work on lower tiers, but not on heroic tier — just like in AAT.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I don't agree that DOTs rarely stick on lower tiers, in P1/T4 I've gotten as many as 20 to stick, and even gotten 7 or 8 on T5. I know it's a lost cause beyond that though.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Shortly after the raid was introduced some bonus turnmeter mechanics were disabled in the raid in order to not have a complete push—over Traya in phase 3. A few months later some of Rex' mechanics was disabled as well to not have a complete push—over Traya in phase 4.3. Those changes were neede to keep Traya a challenge on all tiers. I don't consider this 'constant rebalancing'.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

eopv1giquols.jpg

The 50% increase is the same across all tiers. The difference in tiers is in base tenacity.

Thanks.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Shortly after the raid was introduced some bonus turnmeter mechanics were disabled in the raid in order to not have a complete push—over Traya in phase 3. A few months later some of Rex' mechanics was disabled as well to not have a complete push—over Traya in phase 4.3. Those changes were neede to keep Traya a challenge on all tiers. I don't consider this 'constant rebalancing'.

Those are also well documented in updates.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Zyno as i understand...
    Kyno FINALLY got a zeta. About darn time! ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Zyno as i understand...
    Kyno FINALLY got a zeta. About darn time! ;)

:D