Is a 2nd account against TOS?

Speaker4thedead
444 posts Member
edited March 2016
I have never had any love for Droids. Now, after playing this game a few months, I wish I had gone that route. My main account is a p2p account, but i am thinking about creating a 2nd account as a f2p Droid team. The only thing stopping me is that I am not sure about the TOS. Some games like Clash of Clans only allow 1 account per device, and it is a breach of their TOS to have more than 1 account per device. I learned that the hard way by getting my main account a 30 day ban because I was openly using a 2nd account. Since I have spent around $250 on this game, I in no way shape or form want to put my main account at risk, and I don't have a 2nd device. Can anyone help me find out if a 2nd account is ok on this game? Is there anyone on these forums that can verify it for me before I make a 2nd account? I know there is that EA Jessie guy, but i dont want to bother him. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance
Post edited by Speaker4thedead on

Replies

• scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Not that I read with a quick skim.

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/webterms/us/en/pc

I know many do it and as you currently don't gain an in game advantage by doing it, can't trade or send gifts to allies, I don't see why it would be prohibited. But read the TOS to make sure.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Not that I read with a quick skim.

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/webterms/us/en/pc

I know many do it and as you currently don't gain an in game advantage by doing it, can't trade or send gifts to allies, I don't see why it would be prohibited. But read the TOS to make sure.

Is it against the rules? Per the TOS:

You may lose your user name and persona as a result of termination. If you have more than one (1) Account, EA may terminate all of your Accounts and all related Entitlements.

Saying they MAY terminate my account and all inApp purchases.

@EA_Jesse can you PLEASE assist me?
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    This paragraph in the TOS just says that in the event of termination (due to cheating, hacking, etc), you may lose all accounts, which makes sense. It essentially implies that you can have multiple accounts.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    Lianara wrote: »
    This paragraph in the TOS just says that in the event of termination (due to cheating, hacking, etc), you may lose all accounts, which makes sense. It essentially implies that you can have multiple accounts.

While I hope this is the case, you are making an assumption. The TOS clearly state:

"If you have more than one (1) Account, EA may terminate all of your Accounts and all related Entitlements"

I really want to create an alternative f2p account. But until I KNOW and not assume I dont feel it's worth the risk of losing my p2p account. I don't see what the problem would be, but i didnt see the problem with Clash of Clans either. And i definitely got banned for a 2nd account on Clash.
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    Hundreds of people on this forum have multiple accounts
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options

That's how I read it as well. And I know in their previous games, multiple accounts were common. Hopefully the case here too as I have three accounts, in two different time zones.
  • Options
    Hendiju wrote: »

That does not mean it's not against the TOS. I really wish @EA_Jesse could chime in and clear this up.
  • Options

While I hope this is the case, you are making an assumption. The TOS clearly state:

"If you have more than one (1) Account, EA may terminate all of your Accounts and all related Entitlements"

I really want to create an alternative f2p account. But until I KNOW and not assume I dont feel it's worth the risk of losing my p2p account. I don't see what the problem would be, but i didnt see the problem with Clash of Clans either. And i definitely got banned for a 2nd account on Clash.
    You have to include the first sentence of the paragraph... So yes he's right, they are saying that if you get terminated, they'll terminate al accounts. Stop making it more complicated than it is...
  • Joshuar56
    79 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hendiju wrote: »

That does not mean it's not against the TOS. I really wish @EA_Jesse could chime in and clear this up.

We don't need Jesse to chime in, we just need rudimentary reading comprehension.
  • Options

You're taking that sentence out of context. It's clearly talking about terminating your account for other reasons.

The first paragraph says they can terminate your account whenever they want as long as they give you notice, anyway.

• Options
    No where in the paragraph does it imply that your account would be banned for having multiple accounts.