Need more Reinforcement Materials, please.

NicWester
8928 posts Member
The rate of gaining them from nodes is too low considering you need 100 per ship. I know you only need 400 to max out your fleet, but if you want to work on expanding your roster you're going to need thousands and the drop rate is simply too low.

I would suggest either adding them to a challenge (Ship Ability Materials challenge makes the most sense, but since that already has ship omegas it might be over-egging that pudding) or to the Fleet Store. I don't know what the cost should be, but 400 per seems like a good place to start.
Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I already have generated 250 from the free gift and the first time rewards plus what I've ground out from the tables, so done with two ships and halfway to a third. I'm fine with the grind.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I already have generated 250 from the free gift and the first time rewards plus what I've ground out from the tables, so done with two ships and halfway to a third. I'm fine with the grind.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the stuff we were given for free. But new players won't get those things.

Unless maybe that Geonosian fleet thing repeats, but it doesn't look like we'll be getting it any more. Maybe bringing that back as a monthly/bi-weekly event with different tiers.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the stuff we were given for free. But new players won't get those things.

Unless maybe that Geonosian fleet thing repeats, but it doesn't look like we'll be getting it any more. Maybe bringing that back as a monthly/bi-weekly event with different tiers.

New players will be on the same level as other new players on the fleet arena shard once they unlock ships. It's all good. Don't create problems where there are none.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

New players will be on the same level as other new players on the fleet arena shard once they unlock ships. It's all good. Don't create problems where there are none.

Okay, but being able to buy them with fleet shop currency isn't creating a problem. At worst it's a solution in search of a problem.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I'll grant the new player issue, while also granting they're all on a level playing field. I think this stuff is just supposed to take time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Replace omega in fleet arena store with 1 reinforcement material for 1,000. Still expensive but if you're in a pinch, there you go.

You get enough guaranteed omegas a week that you really shouldn't ever have to buy them at such an inflated price.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Replace omega in fleet arena store with 1 reinforcement material for 1,000. Still expensive but if you're in a pinch, there you go.

You get enough guaranteed omegas a week that you really shouldn't ever have to buy them at such an inflated price.

Oh, no, not ship omega materials. You're right, we get enough of those guaranteed each week through challenges.

I'm talking reinforcement materials, the stuff that currently only comes from nodes and that event that repeated a few times last month where you used three Geonosians to learn how reinforce abilities work.

(Although, on an unrelated note, I've bought Omegas out of the fleet store. I have all the ships and characters from that store, so whenever I see I'm at 4 Omegas I buy the fifth and level up an ability. When I have 15 zetas from challenges I buy omegas until I have enough. Currently sitting on 34k fleet tokens, so it's not going anywhere any time soon... :( )
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    The way I see Ship reinforcement is like ship zeta's, something that takes a very long time to get. honestly one problem I see with farming it from the pve table is it feels slower due to how slow ship nrg is gained, at least, to me it feels super slow, like it will never ever cap.

Can do like 5 ship nodes a day (Currently farming for tie advanced) and that's it.

its definitely going to be an incredible grind to get.

I'm guessing that they are expecting us to spam fleet pve nrg refreshes to get them. So unless you devote a lot of crystals daily to it, don't expect new ship reinforcement upgrades soon! ;-;

Either needs to be buyable with ship currency or increased droprate for sure. 400 offers no variety, if they do add new ships, that's another 100 you need there, especially if the new ship is meta defining or something. Still don't really know how effective lando's ship can be yet.