So disappointed with SWGOH

I just wanted to say how disappointed I am with this game. It use to be such a cool game and now it's falling apart I somehow kept playing after they took away the ability to put our characters where we want in our lineup hoping it would change again in the future but after my last Arena fight I just feel like this game is slowly falling apart I was fighting against a night sister team and ended up with a draw I'm not sure what's going on or if this is intentional word nightsister Zombie keep coming back to life while nightsister acolyte stayed invisible for more than two minutes straight until the end of the match so I was unable to win or do anything and ended up with a draw I tried so hard to do good in this game spend so much time and money and it just keeps letting me down it's like they're begging me to quit

Replies

• Username_4187
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Nvm
    Post edited by Username_4187 on
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Or maybe your team sucks

Maybe you can not be such a troll.
  • Options
    Or maybe your team sucks

You don't seem to understand night sister acolyte and night sister zombie where the only ones left I had the team beat but couldn't finish them off even the greatest team would have been stuck. Night sister acolyte was invisible so I couldn't attack her and I could only attack nightsister zombie but she keeps coming back
  • Options
    I blame that on character limitations there are not enough characters with AOE dispell which would help with your situation. Examples being baze malbus, death trooper and asajj ventress
  • Options
    Aoe dispel is not the only answer, it’s actually not even needed, aoe damage is needed, or someone that applies buff immunity or shock, that will tear a NS squad apart easily. There are many options to deal with them.

If your stuck like that then frankly, your squad is not a good one to use against NS, it’s time to tweak your squad and then thrash them .
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your disappointed. I think this game is great
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Mando8000 wrote: »
    Or maybe your team sucks

You don't seem to understand night sister acolyte and night sister zombie where the only ones left I had the team beat but couldn't finish them off even the greatest team would have been stuck. Night sister acolyte was invisible so I couldn't attack her and I could only attack nightsister zombie but she keeps coming back

Zombie was a potentially cool mechanic that jist got exploited in every direction and this is one of those exploits.

Never go into a NS fight without a couple of AOE damage dealers and you'll be good.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say how disappointed I am with this game. It use to be such a cool game and now it's falling apart I somehow kept playing after they took away the ability to put our characters where we want in our lineup hoping it would change again in the future but after my last Arena fight I just feel like this game is slowly falling apart I was fighting against a night sister team and ended up with a draw I'm not sure what's going on or if this is intentional word nightsister Zombie keep coming back to life while nightsister acolyte stayed invisible for more than two minutes straight until the end of the match so I was unable to win or do anything and ended up with a draw I tried so hard to do good in this game spend so much time and money and it just keeps letting me down it's like they're begging me to quit

That nightsister combo is unfortunately working as intended. The NS acolyte stays stealthed so you only get caught in an infinite loop.
    Don’t be discouraged by these last couple months. Eventually things will get sorted out as they should. Until then try and enjoy the game as best you can
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Or maybe your team sucks

Zombie was a potentially cool mechanic that jist got exploited in every direction and this is one of those exploits.

Never go into a NS fight without a couple of AOE damage dealers and you'll be good.

So then it is intentional hmm ok I thought it was maybe a glitch or something I mean I didn't loose either so don't beat on my team too much lol. but I couldn't win either that's crazy well I can accept that I guess. Now if only they would reverse the issue with the character line up going by tall order then I would be OK with SWGOH again :(
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

That nightsister combo is unfortunately working as intended. The NS acolyte stays stealthed so you only get caught in an infinite loop.
    Don’t be discouraged by these last couple months. Eventually things will get sorted out as they should. Until then try and enjoy the game as best you can

Thx Raven
  • Options
    Moved to "Feedback".

Cheers.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options

I fought a lot of NS teams and rarely lose even I still use the old CLS meta, if Zombie is at low gear level, it will be a trouble because killing him will feed the tm of other NS and because low gear Zombie is very fragile and it’s very hard to not kill him; but when Zombie is at higher gear level, just use Thrawn to fracture him, kill Daka first, then MT and Ventress, very easy.

And more important, there are Imperial Troopers to counter and even benefit a lot more from killing Zombie again and again.

I still use CLS to fight all the current meats and find very effective on offence except maybe not very good on defence.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Or maybe your team sucks

So then it is intentional hmm ok I thought it was maybe a glitch or something I mean I didn't loose either so don't beat on my team too much lol. but I couldn't win either that's crazy well I can accept that I guess. Now if only they would reverse the issue with the character line up going by tall order then I would be OK with SWGOH again :(

Wouldn't say it was intentional, but it's not a bug. Rather it's something that slipped through the net with the way zombie and acolytes kit combine.

Annoying for sure, but once you know how to approach NS teams it's easy enough to deal with.
  • Options
    This mechanic was absolutely intentional. At the time, CLS was like 90% of the arena teams, and they wanted something he couldn't beat.
  • Options
    troopers stomp bog witches
  • Options
    Or maybe your team sucks

Not true. You just need a character with a mass dispel in your team. Sion works great. I get down to the same situation a lot. Within a few turns sion uses his dispel, stealth goes away, and you kill acotyle. Not that difficult. Another strategy is to have plenty of aoe abilities they hit acolyte and kill her even when in stealth. This is not a bug. It is working as intended. You just need a better strategy.
  • Options
    I will concede that new toon releases have accompanied increasingly complicated abilities and mechanics that can make PvP encounters challenging. My first encounter with Zombie and Nest were above the normal levels of frustrations I face in this game. With the advice giving by others, you'll no doubt master your face-offs in the future. The frustration wanes. Game goes on. Just keep learning and having fun.
  • Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I will concede that new toon releases have accompanied increasingly complicated abilities and mechanics that can make PvP encounters challenging. My first encounter with Zombie and Nest were above the normal levels of frustrations I face in this game. With the advice giving by others, you'll no doubt master your face-offs in the future. The frustration wanes. Game goes on. Just keep learning and having fun.

Part of the issue us new characters always seem op because the whales get them first and have god mods on them too. Then later once ftp get them, they aren't as op without the god mods.