Battle times in Fleet Arena - BUG??

It happened several times so it cant be the "he refreshed".

Im constantly battling for place 1 with one guy on my fleet arena.

But it seems his battles take longer then 5 mins.

I understand that maybe the loading times take couple seconds here and there.

But i attack him at 7m30s to payout and and he is in battle (i need to say we try to attack both at this time, its a little race who does this first), i attack him with 2m30s to go and he is still in battle, finally i can attack him with 1m20s to go. This is some insane random madness. It took over 6 minutes.

Refershing is not worth it, you loose in the end 25 crystals, if he did refresh he would have stayed in battle till the end, what is happenieng here?

This happens very often.

Replies

• J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    he might have found another guy in his shard and they take turns to save each other during their payout times and inform each other about when to switch the attacker/defender role, so in the end he's save for the last 10 minutes
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It is also possible that if you are not spamming he is refreshing anyway. Paying the crystals can be worth it when you dont actually know where you would end up.

Yes you know you are attacking him from 2nd or where ever but if he thinks he could end up at 5th, then it's worth it. Yes overall his PO is 50 less, but then its consistent, vs not paying 50 and maybe ending up "losing" 150
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies guys, but i know everyone in my top 20 shard.
    First im not getting a message someone is battling you, just that he is battling someone.
    We have 2 people at our payout, me and the guy. There is no threat from any 3rd person, its been like that for like a year. He doesnt have to block himself by refreshing from anybody. He is one of the few guys NOT on our ship arena chat. He cant have any help from others, also like i said above, no one is blocking me while he is fighting. I am spaing refreshes.

so the only 2 options are
    1) times are bugged
    2) he is refreshing and earning 25 less crystals just because he loves being 1st (i must admit he could be such person)
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    what he is doing is going into the battle at 7min 30 secs before payout or there abouts, he is letting the clock tick down a bit and then retreating from the battle... unless you are constantly trying to attack him you wont know when he does this as his position stays the same and there is nothing to say if hes in battle or not without trying to attack him... anyways once he retreats he refreshes and then goes back into the battle, lets the clock run down and then wins the battle or times out whatever position hes in.
    yes it costs 50 crystals to do this but as Kyno says he doesnt know if he is going to be attacked from 2nd or from 5th.
    i have a guy in my fleet arena who used to hit me from 5th constant so done this for weeks and it worked he started moving to 2nd, now i dont care if he hits me from 2nd as i havent wasted the crystals for refresh so im on the same amount of crystals as i would have been if i refreshed to take 1st. but we sort of rotate it now he knows he can take 1st alternating with no hassle from me
  • Options
    Ok so i did some tests and now i am 100% sure the timer in fleet arena is a big fat joke.

Enemy launches a 5 min battle at 7:30 till payout and sometimes you get to fight him at 2min till payout and i even got results when i could fight him a 1:20 till payout.

How can a 5 min timer last over 6 minutes???
  • Options
    i think you are assuming that he is attacking at 7min30sec before PO. It could be that he is already in battle for a while and he refreshed his attempt at about 1min20sec + 5min.
  • Options
    no
    thats not the case
  • Options
    That happens to me when my internet is so bad but I am assuming thats not what happening?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Pacyn4life wrote: »
    no
    thats not the case

How do you know it is not the case if you are not taking to him? Some people use the odd time exit and refresh.
  • Options
    I track if he is in battle (im one of those guys that sits there for 5+minutes and spams attack over and over) if he refreshed he would do it the way that he is in battle till the end, why give my a chance?
  • Options
    Just to keep you sane) Yes, timer in fleet arena is bugged and sometimes allows to be engaged in battle longer
  • Rimzo
    120 posts Member
    Options
    If you force close the app during battle it will go 6:30 instead of 5 mins
  • Options
    I can confirm... a guy in shard locked me at 11 minutes till. I was not able to lock him until 4:45 till. This happened a few hours ago
  • Pacyn4life
    156 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thank you for the confirmation guys, also thak you for a PM i received confirming how this bug is used and other interesting facts about the bug itself... now should i report that guy that probably uses the bug? i already know CG does nothing about it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for the confirmation guys, also thak you for a PM i received confirming how this bug is used and other interesting facts about the bug itself... now should i report that guy that probably uses the bug? i already know CG does nothing about it.

Exploiting bugs is against the t&c. I'd report if I had evidence — otherwise I'd leave it.

• Options
    Problem is you can never by 100% sure. Maybe he has some medieval internet connection thats slows down the proces of joning battles (highly unprobable but still).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Problem is you can never by 100% sure. Maybe he has some medieval internet connection thats slows down the proces of joning battles (highly unprobable but still).

I don't see that as a problem. Without evidence either gather evidence or let it rest. It's only a problem if you don't do either of the two.

Evidence is of course required for CG to take action against that player. That only makes sense to me.

• Options
    Have the same trouble the last week or so. Attacking the same guy for top spot. I constantly try attacking, he’s in battle for approx 6 minutes. How??