Where is the First Order Special Release Character?

Khorvog_Karbossa
1000 posts Member
edited July 2018
A list of the premium characters that each faction has:

Droid: R2D2, BB8, General Grievous, Imperial Probe Droid

Empire: Grand Admiral Thrawn, Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, Imperial Probe Droid, Colonel Starck, Shoretrooper

Ewok: Wicket

Galactic Republic: R2D2, General Kenobi, Grand Master Yoda

Imperial Trooper: Colonel Starck, shoretrooper

Jedi: General Kenobi, Grand Master Yoda, Hermit Yoda

Nightsister: Mother Talzin, Nightsister Zombie, Nightsister Spirit

Rebels: R2D2, Han Solo, Commander Luke Skywalker, Captain Han Solo, Rebel Officer Leia Organa

Resistance: bb8, Jedi Training Rey, R2d2

Scoundrel: Han Solo, Captain Han Solo

Separatist: General Grievous

Sith: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, Darth Traya

First Order: No special releases

Other factions without special releases: Bounty Hunters, Clones, Geonosian, Jawa, Tuskens, and offshoots of rebels: Phoenix and Rogue One

Why is First Order stepped on as much as the factions of Geonosians, Jawas, and Tuskens? Where is our premium character?

Edit: This has nothing to do with the power of a toon in the faction, just that the toon had a special release that wasn't the usual marquee or old release of auridium or immediate free-to-play
Post edited by Khorvog_Karbossa on

Replies

• Options
    We need Snoke and Hux. Plus a FO capitol ship.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Meh. Probably coming later on. FO is kinda bottom of the barrel squad right now and could use a boost, but I still don’t see many people actually wanting Snoke or Hux. KOTOR seems much more exciting, followed by GG/Geonosians rework.

Btw, where is Jango? I’d rather have him before Snoke.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Meh. Probably coming later on. FO is kinda bottom of the barrel squad right now and could use a boost, but I still don’t see many people actually wanting Snoke or Hux. KOTOR seems much more exciting, followed by GG/Geonosians rework.

Btw, where is Jango? I’d rather have him before Snoke.

FO is very far from "bottom of the barrel".... Not sure where you get that from....
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Meh. Probably coming later on. FO is kinda bottom of the barrel squad right now and could use a boost

3 zetas and some good gear gives a very strong FO squad that are significantly higher than the bottom of the barrel.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

FO is very far from "bottom of the barrel".... Not sure where you get that from....

Probably from his own FO /.gg snooping
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Probably from his own FO /.gg snooping

Agreed....

gs1h7bh8wjlt.jpg
  • Options
    @BubbaFett

Mine are a bit ahead, but not using them in arena.

They almost never lose first time in TW and are pretty much a shoe-in for 4/4 in TB.

Those 2 zetas are the key, and FOST is my next (after traya)
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Ya, they are a strong team... Very close to third zeta.... Picked phasma instead of FOST or FOTP for now so that I could rancor solo..... Imop, best "all around" team in the game....
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    I certainly want Snoke and Hux.
  • Jevon
    133 posts Member
    Options
    Why would they release dark side characters? obviously something they have ZERO interest in, Han Solo movie, literally 1 dark side toon.
    Recent announcement, another 5 light side toons... Better to have all the companions than the villian of the original KOTOR..
    I have been wanting snoke since TLJ release, have basically given up on the idea of it happening due to the extreme light side bias CG have had from day 1.
    If they are wanting to alienate half their player base they are surely going the correct way about it.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Jevon wrote: »
    Why would they release dark side characters? obviously something they have ZERO interest in, Han Solo movie, literally 1 dark side toon.
    Recent announcement, another 5 light side toons... Better to have all the companions than the villian of the original KOTOR..
    I have been wanting snoke since TLJ release, have basically given up on the idea of it happening due to the extreme light side bias CG have had from day 1.
    If they are wanting to alienate half their player base they are surely going the correct way about it.

What are you talking about?.... Sith are meta right now and they released a whole new dark side raid .....
  • Options
    Going to agree with the above comments, whilst I don't have a good FO squad myself I HATE fighting zKRU squads. Just a massive pain to tru and get through
  • Options
    I think fo are due but how is Starck premium?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Ya.... That too.... Lol
  • Jevon
    133 posts Member
    Options
    Jevon wrote: »

What are you talking about?.... Sith are meta right now and they released a whole new dark side raid .....

What am I talking about?...
    Lets start with JTR.. remember the weakest lightsaber wielder in TLJ? who got thrown around like a puppet by snoke? Sure glad she is in the game as the stronger character from the movie and there is still no snoke..

So "A whole dark side raid" which gave us.. Sion and Treya? Not sure what your point there is, when we have had 9? LS characters released/being released in the past and upcoming month or 2 compared to 1 dark side? seems even I guess.. why would you release the 2 main DS character from Solo after all.. When you can go with characters from LS who got 10 mins of screen time..

Or perhaps the fact that we have these "Heroes Journeys" but nothing even close to comparable for dark side.
    Yes Sith is meta right now sure, longest stint dark side has had at being meta, in the 2.5 years the game has been out, would be curious to see the breakdown of how long LS and DS have been meta, pretty sure you will find LS wins this by a land slide.
  • Options
    Don’t worry, Supreme leader Kylo and his capital ship will be coming next year with the next movie.
  • Options

Because he and Commander Han Solo were released in a different way than marquee...everyone was given an equal shot at them. Yeah, free =/= premium exactly but they were the first truly f2p characters since, magmatrooper maybe?
  • Options
    True reason, they don’t have enough Resistance to release, tonforce playwrs to buy them to get on FO we actually want. That’s the business model.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Because he and Commander Han Solo were released in a different way than marquee...everyone was given an equal shot at them. Yeah, free =/= premium exactly but they were the first truly f2p characters since, magmatrooper maybe?

Why wasn't Shoretrooper considered a special release toon though? Throwback to tournaments.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Why wasn't Shoretrooper considered a special release toon though? Throwback to tournaments.

Because I forgot
  • cannonfodder_iv
    992 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    What do you call KRU and FOX? I think you've come up with the terms "premium" and "special release" and decided to just complain about not having Snoke or Hux in game, which is fine, but call it what it is.
  • Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    What do you call KRU and FOX? I think you've come up with the terms "premium" and "special release" and decided to just complain about not having Snoke or Hux in game, which is fine, but call it what it is.

@cannonfodder_iv I would call them marquee releases. marquee is not a special release
  • JK_47
    41 posts Member
    Options
    I’m gonna go ahead and disagree with the whole dark side hasn’t received special treatment lately. They obviously have or you haven’t been paying attention. I would have to imagine snoke being a legendary and hux being marquee. They are needed. I just wish instead of 5 lightside or dark side all at once they would go halfsies
  • Options
    Marquee vs. Special Release - it's a distinction without a difference. Just say you think it's time for Hux and Snoke. The mental gymnastics required to justify it aren't really necessary. KRU and FOX are both pretty solid, and the fact that they went to low energy cantina nodes should be a cause for celebration, not an indication that they aren't "special" enough.
  • Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Marquee vs. Special Release - it's a distinction without a difference. Just say you think it's time for Hux and Snoke. The mental gymnastics required to justify it aren't really necessary. KRU and FOX are both pretty solid, and the fact that they went to low energy cantina nodes should be a cause for celebration, not an indication that they aren't "special" enough.

@cannonfodder_iv

Marquee = up to $300 average cost

Legendary/straight to cantina node on release/hero's journey= Free

Raid Reward / Tournament Reward / Shard Shop exclusive / GET exclusive / TB exclusive = technically free

My point is that First Order never got any sort of release that one could get without dropping a dime upon release, or get as a reward for progressing in the game. Only 3 FO characters have been released, and if you want them immediately you pay the $300, or wait a few months. But, people could technically get legendaries asap for free (I personally spent nothing on getting EP/CLS/R2D2/JTR and got them all the first try, and obtained Thrawn/Yoda for free on the second time around.

Also, you really cannot compare the kits of Kru, FOX, or FOSF to the kits of any legendary. yeah, they are solid, but have nowhere near the power of the legendaries/hero journeys

FO's next character should be legendary, not another annoying marquee