So What's Next?

Thrace
147 posts Member
I'm getting hungry for some new content. When's the next big update, what can we expect to see? I hear things about a Scoundrel Event, power packs for Daka, Darth Maul, etc.

When do you think they'll increase the level cap? I'm guessing end of March and it will be raised to level 90.

I'd also love to see a new game mode with new prizes awarded. Live arena would be the icing on the cake too. Winning against an opponent when they're controlling their team would be 100x more satisfying - real pvp.

Replies

• PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    Options
    I doubt they will go straight to 90, 80 would be my bet.
  • Options
    I would really like to see a better system implemented for my allies list. I want to have the option to chat with other people while in game, and actually see my stats, and my allies stats. I can't stand the lack of community within the actual game. The forums are great, BUT I want to be able to chat and talk about anything with anyone within the client.
  • Options
    I'd like to be able to tinker with arena defense. Perhaps set power priorities for characters or something.

Unlock the ships already! Working on a biggs and now an fotp just for that...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Bumping the level cap at this point would seem to be a "cheap and easy" substitute for what should be "adding more content". IMHO, raising the level cap just gives us more "busy work" if there really isn't any addition to content.

When I say "adding content" I simply mean:
    - More diversity in the challenges, instead of the same 3-4 pieces of gear I alread have 200+ of
    - More events (perhaps some "story driven" ones as well) - it wouldn't be that hard to simply adapt the LS/DS path system into a mini-quest.
    - Perhaps something with Guilds
    - Maybe a "Practice Arena"
    - Ships?
    - Improving the economy (maybe by adding a "Gear Shop" similar to the shard shop)

Honestly, while I appreciate the idea of the shard shop, it really only helps a very small % of players. While I realize that % is the "high rollers", for the long-term viability of the game, there needs to be some changes thrown in for the "rank and file" as well.

Recent updates have given us a Yoda event which needs 5 - 7* Jedi to fully complete, a shard shop with a very high exchange rate and General Grievous. All of these are clearly not for the average player. And now a Magmatrooper who is seemingly (at least this point) a Chromium exclusive.

I would much prefer to see game content - and content that most players can access - over a level cap bump.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*