Revan and Darth Revan Speculations

124Next

Replies

• Options
    They're going to have to release Revan now to get anyone to spend after the NS nerf
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    No need to speculate. They will kill this game with other decisions before you ever see any of them introduced.
  • Options
    Speculate on what? Another massive cash grab as they are pumping out Old Republic Jedi?
  • Options
    The only thing I’ll add to this is that I’m having a really difficult time understanding how/why 2 KOTOR scoundrels make sense in the puzzle to unlock a Revan. Something else MUST be coming. Right?
  • Options
    Honestly what I would like to see is two separate forms of Revan. For his journey to jedi master, and vice versa. In my opinion, since you could be either female or Male depending on your preference they should include both for his light and dark toons. For example light side revan could be female, and dark side revan Male, or the other way around.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Killian wrote: »
    Honestly what I would like to see is two separate forms of Revan. For his journey to jedi master, and vice versa. In my opinion, since you could be either female or Male depending on your preference they should include both for his light and dark toons. For example light side revan could be female, and dark side revan Male, or the other way around.

No. Revan was old canon male, the scenario that includes the most sense would be just making him male.

I’m all for representation of everyone, but I think it’s been established that no matter how free you are to change Revan in KOTOR, he old canonically has a strict alibi.
  • BrekRegis
    31 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Darth Revan marquee, Darth Malak event (like R2's)

Then Revan heroes journey using the 5 KotoR toons. With a showdown between Revan and Darth Malak for tier 5. I don't know if Malak should be required but he'll have to be added to the game to face him.

Darth Revan has a mask, the gender isn't necessary. Revan on the otherhand is a different story and I honestly don't mind whether it's male or female.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    BrekRegis wrote: »
    Darth Revan marquee, Darth Malak event (like R2's)

Then Revan heroes journey using the 5 KotoR toons. With a showdown between Revan and Darth Malak for tier 5. I don't know if Malak should be required but he'll have to be added to the game to face him.

Darth Revan has a mask, the gender isn't necessary. Revan on the otherhand is a different story and I honestly don't mind whether it's male or female.

I am completely lost reading this. Lol!
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    I'm fairly certain all five KOTOR toons will be needed to get Darth Malak in a Legendary event similar to Thrawn. Then we will need Darth Malak to unlock Darth Revan in a "journey" event much like we needed a Legendary (R2D2) to unlock CLS and a Legendary (BB8) to unlock JTR.

Darth Malak will be that Legendary to unlock Darth Revan.

And still maintain that Darth Revan should be both Light and Dark side, Jedi and Sith, and all his abilities should affect both sides differently. That way we can have an Arena of both Jedi and Sith being led by Revan. No need for two different versions (and I REALLY don't wanna level and gear two) of the character when one can be used by both sides.
  • Options
    Revan should be a Reven Revan sided Revan Revan - own sex, side, faction and character type
  • Options
    Hero's Journeys have so far included a "base" character of the one you're trying to get. Farmboy Luke for CLS, Scav Rey for RJT. Who's the Revan "base"? Because otherwise there's no Hero going on a Journey, it's the Hero's Friends' Journey. Do we get a Memory-Wiped Revan?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain all five KOTOR toons will be needed to get Darth Malak in a Legendary event similar to Thrawn. Then we will need Darth Malak to unlock Darth Revan in a "journey" event much like we needed a Legendary (R2D2) to unlock CLS and a Legendary (BB8) to unlock JTR.

And still maintain that Darth Revan should be both Light and Dark side, Jedi and Sith, and all his abilities should affect both sides differently. That way we can have an Arena of both Jedi and Sith being led by Revan. No need for two different versions (and I REALLY don't wanna level and gear two) of the character when one can be used by both sides.

Then the more fitting title would be Revan, not Darth Revan.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options

These KOTOR chars will be needed Not for Malak, but for Revan as part of the hero’s journey.
    And he’s no way will be both dark and light. Mechanics is difficult and what if you mix siths and light side chars in one team? Like GK. Really doubt they will go for it. More, he was never at the same period of time both sith and Jedi, these are different periods of his life.
    Could be like in Han Solo’s case: 2 versions of Revan...
  • Options
    No telling what will happen....think of it like the Phoenix squad and unlocking Thrawn. Best to farm old republic soon as they are farmable.
  • Options
    Only thing bad about this...you can bet it won’t be an easy farm like it was for Phoenix. I’m expecting at least 3 to go straight to hard nodes.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Only thing bad about this...you can bet it won’t be an easy farm like it was for Phoenix. I’m expecting at least 3 to go straight to hard nodes.

Some can probably go to the guild currency (or how it is called?) with wampa and Hoda
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    New characters come throughout the year. It's anyones guess as to who or when. They usually announce about a week before. Whenever a new movie comes out, it's a good bet you'll see at least five new characters from the movie.

Right now the speculation is that Revan is coming because of all the KOTOR characters released. This may happen anywhere from October-December. But no one really knows for sure.

Saw this yesterday in the "New Player" section in "New Characters" thread and found it peculiar to re-quote here
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

These KOTOR chars will be needed Not for Malak, but for Revan as part of the hero’s journey.
    And he’s no way will be both dark and light. Mechanics is difficult and what if you mix siths and light side chars in one team? Like GK. Really doubt they will go for it. More, he was never at the same period of time both sith and Jedi, these are different periods of his life.

We will see. I think it makes more sense to get Malak with these toons since he was the bad guy in KOTOR. It will play out just like the Thrawn Legendary Event.

Then we need Malak to unlock Revan because Malak was his apprentice.

For sure it's possible we need these toons to unlock Revan first, but they are you friends in KOTOR. Most Legendary events are unlocked using enemies of said legendary toon. That's why I think it plays out like my prediction.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options

We will see. I think it makes more sense to get Malak with these toons since he was the bad guy in KOTOR. It will play out just like the Thrawn Legendary Event.

For sure it's possible we need these toons to unlock Revan first, but they are you friends in KOTOR. Most Legendary events are unlocked using enemies of said legendary toon. That's why I think it plays out like my prediction.

Well, in grand master training you also fight with GMY with jedis. So I wouldn’t rely on Thrawn event only.
    More, did we needed specificaly Thrawn to unlock anyone? Nope.
    But you may be right. In hero journey we need ‘simple’ version of heroes to be upgraded (like scavenger Rey or farmboy Luke), so it would be more like legendary event. And here, why there couldn’t be requirements of ‘old republic toons only’? I think that’s the case. That’s why HK didn’t get this tag as he was very long time...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Well, in grand master training you also fight with GMY with jedis. So I wouldn’t rely on Thrawn event only.
    More, did we needed specificaly Thrawn to unlock anyone? Nope.
    But you may be right. In hero journey we need ‘simple’ version of heroes to be upgraded (like scavenger Rey or farmboy Luke), so it would be more like legendary event. And here, why there couldn’t be requirements of ‘old republic toons only’? I think that’s the case. That’s why HK didn’t get this tag as he was very long time...

There could be a legendary Revan before the hero’s journey to spice things up. Hopefully you would need Sith, because I would have him already.
  • Options
    Kinda funny if you ask me. Almost everything I read on the fourms is about Revan lately.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Kinda funny if you ask me. Almost everything I read on the fourms is about Revan lately.

Because they added almost all of his companions! And he is one of the most expected characters