Need help - TB Stage 6 ships

Alle
27 posts Member
Hey folks,
this TB is the second one with the ships 2.0 update and a haven't managed to defeat the last ship combat battle yet.
Stage 5 is so easy ro defeat with 3 decent ships, but the last stage is terrible. Tarkin is super fast an his ultimate causes soooo much damage that all my ships dissapear (3-4 depending on the rng in the run)
I currently use Ackbar(G12) with Biggs, Fives and resistance x-wing as my initial sqad. Reinforcements are ghost, wedges, jedi consular, Poe, but due to the insane speed of tarkin only 2 reinforcements get the chance to play.
Please help me with strategy and other recommendations and say whether you defeated the last combat mission or not.

And how do you think about the ships 2.0 update in TB. I think it's one of the most terrible ideas in the game. One single wave means either you get points or not. The previous 3 stages gave everyone the chance to contribute even a few points and you were also able to charge your ships through the 3 stages so you had low cooldows on your abilities in the 3rd wave.

Replies

• TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I (just) managed to beat it this time, definitely got my teeth kicked in last time.
    G11 Ackbar with most Home one abilities at level 7 (all ships and crew members at 7 stars - Total GP 310,755)
    Starting lineup, g11 wedge, g10 Ahsoka, Ghost (Hera g11, Zeb And Kanaan g8).
    Reinforcements, Phantom 2 with maxed reinforcement for the early 5th ship (Sabine g8, chopper g10, Ezra g11), Poe (g12), Plo Koon (g6, just there for the healing on reinforcement), and Cassian (Cassian g8, Jyn And K2 g9, actually didn’t even have time to call)

Weather the initial storm with ion cannon stun and healing abilities (avoid attacking the imp tie if he has foresight) Call Phantom for stealth multi-attack. Use Ahsoka to de-buff slave 1 when it arrives. Call Poe to one shot target of opportunity or foresight imp tie. Ate the ultimate and was down to Phantom and wedge. Called Plo Koon to recover. Use ultimate to focus down ships, the next turn I was able to use defiant volley to polish off the gauntlet.

It wasn’t pretty, but I made it.

And I do agree, the all or nothing aspect of ships 2.0 in TB is not my favorite implementation to date, it definitely hurts mid-level guilds such as mine, taking another star or 2 out of our reach.
    Post edited by TheJEFFtm on
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    I found that when you pick up Biggs +5% chance to crit for each rebel ally it makes p6 much easier, as he can get plenty of crits. In this tb I ran bistan Biggs and wedge starting out with cassian as my first reserve. It ended before I could bring in another reinforcement.

RNG does play a rather large factor; however, my aa is 12.5 and his special (100% increased crit damage and 60% protection up for rebels) helped burn down the enemy fighters aa well. My first volley killed advanced tie, and after that cassian came in, called biggs to assist and killed another and then it was just whittling them down.
  • Alle
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks so far for your comments I will try to adapt you strategy *thumbs up*