DN or Thrawn next zeta

Cyclonick
126 posts Member
edited July 2018
I am running a nightmare team in arena and I am not sure whether DN or Thrawn should get the next zeta. Zetas are already on Palp and Sion.
Most of the shard mates are using a zeta DN.

EDIT: I am in an end of Feb 2018 shard and I am ranking 10 - 25 each day. Most shard mates are running basically the sam team with Palp sion and DN zetas.

This is my team: https://swgoh.gg/u/cyclonick/squads/101448

Replies

• Options
    I went ahead and put a Zeta on my DN and haven't done one on thrawn yet and I haven't been disappointed. While DNs unique zeta isn't necessary it does help and its an automatic debuff that gets applied every turn to help crank the EP tm engine.
  • Options
    JFI: I put the Zeta on Nihilus. No regrets. Made the team hold the rank better as well as a noticable boost on offense.
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    Options
    I'd say, which ever character you use more.
  • Options
    Thrawn's got more "plug and play" use...he can go in any team.

If you're planning on using him in other teams then zeta him. If you think you're gonna be solely Sith/nightmare then Nihilus. Bottom line is you can do them both...just who is most valuable/useful to you now?

:)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Nihilus has more arena use.

Thrawn can help in raids, his zeta can push a non zeta vader empire team to solo rancour and can also help in other raids.
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    ...his zeta can push a non zeta vader empire team to solo rancour...

Now I know who is going to get the next Zeta :)

Post edited by Cyclonick on
  • Options
    DN first. It's a should have zeta as is Ep's unique (both behind the must haves of EP lead and Sion unique). Thrawn's is a luxury zeta... Nice to have but not needed. As is Vader's unique.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Cyclonick wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »
    ...his zeta can push a non zeta vader empire team to solo rancour...

Now I know who is going to get the next Zeta :)

Be careful though it needs to have tarkin and tfp as well for tmr and tenacity down. Also needs good mods and constant attention.

Just a warning.
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thanks for the warning! :)
    Tarkin - check.
    TFP - check.
    Good mods - check.
    Constant attention - what? :)

I really do lack reasonable raid teams so the information that Thrawn can basically replace Vaders zeta for Rancor is good to have.

So: Thrawns Zeta > Vaders Zeta when every aspect of the game is being taken into account. Vaders Zeta > Thrawns Zeta for raids, right?

Or would you rather spend the next Zeta on Palps unique for arena?
    Here's a link to my swgoh -> https://swgoh.gg/u/cyclonick/

EDIT: just realized that one can clearly see how stable my arena ranking got when I put the Zeta on Nihilus on the 10th/11th of July in the Arena ranking chart.
    Post edited by Cyclonick on
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Id probably spend the zeta on thrawn for raids. A little arena boost and a moderate raids boost is worth it.

Palpatine's zeta does nothing g12 wont do really (improve survivability).