Bastila Shan

gufu21
335 posts Member
I know she hasn't even been released yet, but that's also why I'm offering feedback now. It might be easier to change a character before it's released.

Cosmetic feedback:
  • Can her fighting stance just please be the same as Darth Maul's? If you've ever played KOTOR, you know that that's more like her fighting stance. The current one looks extremely unnatural with her arm held waaaay back like that.
  • Her face needs some work. I don't need her to be super hot or anything, but she just doesn't look anything like the character we're used to seeing. That's all I'd like.

Kit feedback:
  • Subvert Defenses is just not working because she has almost no potency. Even with potency mods, it's not working. Any chance of adding some mk7 scanners on her? Alternatively (and even better), the potency boost on her basic really ought to be on her unique. Another option is to have her give herself the legendary battle meditation buff so she has at least +30% potency from that.
  • Her leadership is supposed to grant +150% tenacity, but in the gameplay we've seen so far, a Jedi team under her lead is still getting hit with debuffs all the time. Is this working correctly?
  • A little more offense would be nice. I know she's a support, but it's not like the Jedi faction is overflowing with offense as it is. Even with offense up, she's hardly doing any damage.

CG, you guys have a cash cow on your hands with these KOTOR toons. If you can make them decent characters—not even meta-changing, just decent—the money will be pouring in. But as they stand now, they are extremely underwhelming and will earn you much less than they could have. Even the GameChangers are saying that these are not worth spending any money on, even for whales. You can change that. Please consider it.

Replies

• Options
    I mostly agree with this, I’m very happy with the Yoda rework, his offense is really good, his abilities are great, I really like him. I played through the Legends of the old republic 1 a few times, and I used Bastila’s Rally ability on Yoda, then used Yoda’s Battle Meditation, and SO MANY BUFFS went around my squad.
    I did notice Bastila’s offense is pretty low, (I’m sure they’ll fix Bastila’s Initiative bugs where she’s not granting bonus Tenacity.) If they fixed that one bug and gave her some more offense like Yoda, I’d be completely happy with using Bastila as a replacement leader instead of Yoda. The Jedi team has great healers, Hermit Yoda is a great support, the tanks are a little iffy, but they work. They just lack an offensive edge (excluding GMY and Ezra) if they gave Bastila that Offensive opening, I think it would really help the Jedi Squad become a more formidable force.