Plo Koon. Can he be decently viable under Bastila Shan (L)?

Plo Koon seems like he could have some potential under Bastila Shan' s lead. His dispel on basic, aoe offense down, and the special that gives defense up and 50% turn meter to Jedi would really shine now that he has a way to taunt. Retribution from GK would be awesome too... maybe Shan Lead, yoda, ezra, plo, and gk. But my plo is only g9 6*.. only need 20 shards to 7*.. anyone have a good one to test? Keeping in mind we just got Bastila so she may be weak.

Replies

• Options
    Guess no one thinks so..lol
  • Options
    i'd love to see him become useful but i doubt it, even with bastila leading. i just think there would still be better options
  • Options
    Prolly right. Unless plo was faster or somthing
  • crzydroid
    7317 posts Moderator
    Options
    Plo Koon sounds really good on paper, but just doesn't really do much. Especially when there are better Jedi to choose from. One of his best uses is as a lead in TW if you need to get around an alcolyte/zombie duo or something...but Dengar unique works for that too.

The only synergy with her lead is he gets the taunt...but so would Jedi Knight Guardian and Mace. And while Plo might seem better than them, a better choice still would be young or old Ben or Kanan.
  • crzydroid
    7317 posts Moderator
    Options
    MrRedxZero wrote: »
    Prolly right. Unless plo was faster or somthing

I don't think Plo is faster than anything.
  • Options
    My thinking on paper, was he's the only character that I know of that has aoe offense down besides tarkin. Along with the 50% tm skill to jedi plus the tm from shans lead ability would give alot of quick turns..and dispel on basic with a good counter chance from Shan lead would make the taunt alittle better on Plo I would think.
  • Options
    it's occurred to me how much kanan would synergize with bastila. extra tenacity, starts with taunt, and his tenacity doubles when he's taunting...you're not sticking squat to him
  • Options
    That's more my purpose for posting about it.. thinking who can,snyergize.. ahsoka fulcrum would be awesome too with Bastila buff
  • MrRedxZero
    115 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    May make some once less useful characters decent..but I wonder if Kanan would have tenacity up with the pre taunt. Or if it's only when Kanan uses his special
  • Options
    It’s not a bad idea. He has decent DPS and basic dispel is nice. She can give him counter. Only problem is (besides him needing a full rework) is the taunt is only for 1 turn so you really can’t take advantage of it (which would basically be a taunting counter too who dispells on his basic) his protection is sad for a tank though). You could put Greivous with him; but that only gives him a 25% chance to gain taunt. I actually wrote a rework for all the Jedi recently (sans Hoda, GMY & QGJ) here’s what I came up with for Plo...

Plo Koon
    Lightside, Jedi, Tank

Power: 17,943
    Speed: 126
    Health: 34,396
    Protection: 32,982

Quelling Blow: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and remove taunt. If no taunt is available, dispel a random positive status effect on them with a 75% chance to dispel all positive status effects instead. Plo has a 50% chance (increased to 100% if more then 1 effect was dispelled) to call a clone or Jedi to assist. If an effect is dispelled, Plo Koon gains Defense Up for 2 turns.

Damage: 5,975-6,871

Electric Judgement: (4 turn cooldown) Deal Special damage to all enemies and remove all buffs. In addition, any enemy above 50% turn meter is stunned for 1 turn and inflict any enemy at 50% turn meter and below with shock for 2 turns.

Damage: 2,333-2,683

Take Charge: (3 turn cooldown) All allies gain Defense Up for 3 turns. Clone and Jedi allies gain 50% Turn Meter and other allies gain half that amount. Clear stun from any allies.

Overwatch: (unique) Plo gains taunt at the beginning of the encounter. Jedi and Clone allies have a 55% chance to remove Stealth from each enemy at the start of their turn. If stealth is removed, they gain advantage for 1 turn and Plo gains taunt. If Plo already has taunt he gains retribution. If they dispel 2 or more stealths, their cool downs are reduced by 1.
  • Options
    Yea I like the Kanan idea. It spreads offense down well too
  • Options
    Boba fett will have a field day executing all those buffs though