Who's my best Jedi Lead? GM Yoda or Bastila?

Just as asked.

I've tried them both and it's sort of a toss-up right now with GM Yoda getting the edge. On the other hand, he's G12, 7-star with a leadership zeta and she's G10, 4-star, with no zeta. AND IT'S STILL CLOSE. Her extra protection and the ability to go first are amazing. When I zeta her and GK starts the game with taunt on, it might go to her.

What do you think?

Replies

• Options
    yeah when i first read her kit i thought "yoda just got reworked and he's already getting upstaged." bastila looks superior to me. she gives way more tenacity while they have their protection up, and she keeps giving turn meter throughout the battle too. about all you're losing is yoda's immunity to shock.
  • Options
    IMO yoda is the better option on any single-wave battle pve or pvp. Bastila's leader effects, though very nice, do not last beyond the first turn. I think she should have them extended to 2 turns omega and 3 turns zeta / something that restores the first turn buffs (like a kill a la zQGJ or something). Multi-wave battles seem to retrigger these bonuses so she wins for that. But otherwise TW, arena, or raid I would go yoda. His effects do not "fizzle out" like Bastila's one turn boost and then that's it.
  • Options
    Bastila's leader effects, though very nice, do not last beyond the first turn.

So, a) that's how I sort of remember interpreting the text, but b) I also didn't remember losing the extra protection after the first turn, so c) I just did an arena battle with her as lead. And the conclusion is that they NEVER lost protection up the entire battle long. And as long as protection up is on, they're also getting the tenacity and damage bonuses.

I'd also argue for Bastila on the basis of her special, "Rally." If she puts that on Yoda, and then Yoda uses "Battle Meditation" to extend its effects to the entire party (along with the bonuses HE imparts)... sheesh. Game over.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    As far as I tried, protection lasted till removed, not expired
  • Options
    yeah i don't think the protection expires; it's just there until you take that much damage
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    If you're playing the short game (ambush-style high dps) Bastila is best.

If you aren't running zEzra, zGMY, Aayla (all 3 modded heavily for crit and offense), GMY will be the better lead.

W/ Bastila, her lead peters out and u need a quick kill.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    If you aren't running zEzra, zGMY, Aayla (all 3 modded heavily for crit and offense), GMY will be the better lead.

I was running zGMY, zEzra, zHoda, GK, and Ventress. I swap Ventress out with CLS depending on who I'm facing, but Ventress' sucking all the buffs off of JTR/BB8 is glorious.

I swapped out zHoda for a Bastila lead... it's working fine so far, but maybe Ventress/CLS is the better swap-out? I'm still winning (between 50-100) so far, although I lose on defense all day.

• Options
    I think Bastila lead, ezra, yoda, gk, and Kanan would rock
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Were I to field jedi in Arena :

zzGMY(L)
    zHoda
    zEzra
    Aayla
    zzOB

Tenacity Crosses x5
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    I’ll let you be the judge on who’s the better leader.
    Here’s my Jedi team vs Traya lead and EP lead. We are talking 2015 server with fast teams.

https://youtu.be/nzTAwVd7vVs

https://youtu.be/A8FGK2GuV0Y
  • Options
    @JasFonz Have you tried saving battle meditation until you can spread offensive buffs or is the immediate tenacity buff a must? They just do so little damage!
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    Ahnald made a video about Bastila after her fix, her leadership crushes Palpatine now
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    ayala? really?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Jedi_Bane
    311 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    SeanutB wrote: »
    Ahnald made a video about Bastila after her fix, her leadership crushes Palpatine now

Found it for you guys
    https://youtu.be/-gkrPoukNY4
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    @Hoffman72510 I use it straight up cause it recharges very quickly and you get to use it a lot.

I had this team in arena as soon as she had come out. It was lackluster until they fixed her. Then she just tore traya to bits. Amazing!
  • Options
    How does it hold on defense?
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    It holds better than Rex :)))
  • Options
    Bastilla now that she's been fixed