Best defense team for current meta?

So I already have my A-team, (Lead-qui, barris, lumi, GS, sidious and I couldn't be happier with it, I can beat almost any team with losing usually no more than one character, not mention Im only level 59 power level 18,000. But I am getting bored, and with the meta always changing I figured it'd be a good idea to start building a solid B-team, or as Im thinking a defense team. Heres what I have so far, keep in mind Im looking for easily farmable/F2P characters, other than my precious Barris of course.

Barris Lead- for the increase in teams health, and to keep the next character alive...

Storm Trooper Han- I know hes squishy for a tank, but his turn meter gains and take away could be amazing.

CT-55555s - a good all around tank, one of the best armor in the game, and adds to the turn meter game with his basic speed down.

Mace Windu - this could be wrong, but I figure with his high survivability, and occasional high damage, he could be an asset to help balance out this Low dmg team.

Luminara - Admiral Ackbar - savage opress - The last slot I am stuck on, at first I thought Luminar for the high DPS and extra heals, but the way I see it, under the current meta, she will be easily focused down first turn and left 5vs4. I dont think the Admiral would attract to much attention, and with all the sidous and kylos out there,(in my server at least) Admirals special would be a great secondary heal! remove all those DOTs, But he doesn't have the greatest health, and I do not think AI plays him very well. Next would be another High health DPS Savage Opress with defense and offense up upon receiving damage, plus his huge dmg boost vs low health characters and upon a killing blow, hes the guy you dont want to focus on first but you need to focus on first... but probably shouldnt focus on first....

Anyway, thats my F2P easy to farm defense team, Obviously there is much better options like Obi, but with out spending a good amount of $$ he is out of the questions for myself and most other players. This is specifically for F2P players, and for easy farming. A better character is useless if you cant get them past 4 stars. OH! and Barris could be swapped for Phasma, for a more farmable choice. Personally I am hanging on so I can farm her Cantina 6-A level 69.

Lets me know what you think, sorry for the long post :(

Replies

• Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Droids dude. Get 88, 86, and poggle. You will find uses for them, and that still leaves you your slot to farm Barris (dooku would be better on your squad imo) poggle also doesn't need any droids to be great, and could possibly find a way into your starting squad if you need more damage.
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    The best team for defense in the current meta. Well there's no team that is unbeatable but there are some that can win on defense if rng is on their side.
    Qgj lead
    Yoda
    Rey
    Rg
    Dooku

Tbis is one example but they mix up abit
    Same team but gs instead of dooku is good
    Or daka instead of yoda
    Old Ben and ayla can create issues. But they are all beatable, but every now and then they can wim
  • Wibble
    78 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with the OP's suggested defence team is that it's not at all scary. I would actively target that team, and the fundamental way to defend your position in Arena is to persuade people it's not worth the aggro.

I can see the benefit of Barriss and Han combined, but Han has got to be protecting someone. Mace isn't going to scare anyone (plus two or three jedi in a team is going to invite people to hit you with Sid, Dooku, Maul, droids, all the anti-jedi characters). Build the team on Barriss and Han, but put some scary DPS behind it.
  • Toolio
    175 posts Member
    Options
    Most annoying team I have faced in arena:

QGJ (L)
    FOTP
    Old Ben
    Han
    Poe

This team kept me out of first a few days ago. I did lose every single Poe coin flip though.

And a team I thunked up myself.

ST Han (L)
    RG
    Kylo
    Sidious
    IG-88
  • Options
    My main thing was making sure it was easily farmable, Dooku, RG, Rey, they're not to farmable till late game at least. @Mazurka in regards to droids? I already have them, all 5 star, first level purple gear, and they are terrible against any decent speed team IMO. I always fall way behind in rankings when I leave them as defense, and with my current team, I have no problem beating the droids. Basically, if I can make it past the first round and get poggles buff, its a solid win, but normally they have kill 86 and 88 at that point :/

I like Kylo, but I feel like he pairs best with Crit team, or phasma lead.
    @Wibble I like that, building the team on barris and han, I may try that.

My main concept with this team was to be able to survive the first round of attacks, let them blow off all their specials, and then clean up afterwards. As far as not being scary enough, personally I love when I go against a team, expect to win, lose and have no idea what just happened, lol. I went against a teebo, luke, fett, JC and daka, I thought easy win, well with everyone randomly stealth, I couldnt focus anyone down, and when I did, daka would just bring them back... which makes me think... thats actually a decent team, lol hmmm..... swap out JC for Lumi, fett for GS. might have just found my next B-team.
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah.. Droid teams are bad on defense.

I think the best defense is just intimidation/annoyingness so people don't even attack you, and RNG... and they kinda go hand in hand since the AI seems to cheat with stuff like stuns and revives. Also teams that rely on healing don't like healing immunity, and all the speed team may stay a bit away from high hp.. So hmm something like Phasma(L), Kylo, Daka, Dooku, GS might be good, or Sid(L) Dooku, Daka, GS, RG
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options
    "Defense" is all about RNG, imho... which makes Daka the queen of defense. Just sayin'...
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Options
    Sadly most have different opinions on what defense is. Are you looking for the most HP characters, best control characters or characters who are hardest to hit?? Of these 3 choices, characters who are hardest to hit do better in the arena and are obtainable but can take some time to do so. The best team for that is;

Yoda - event
    Rey - 9 sims per day can net 4-5 shards a day
    Resistance Pilot - GW

These 3 give foresight, buff that makes the next attack miss

Poe - you need a tank and while farming Rey, RG is hard to get

Dooku - leader of this band. His leader ability give all characters an evasion bonus with a buff when they evade (foresight counts as evading) and he has a high dodge rating
  • Options
    Dooku - leader of this band. His leader ability give all characters an evasion bonus with a buff when they evade (foresight counts as evading) and he has a high dodge rating

Is that true? That when someone has foresight, it automatically counts as evading if dooku is leader? Very cool