Sith Assassin should not pilot Sith Fighter

If the comments from Carrie about Sith Assassin piloting the new Sith Fighter are true, it is a major continuity fail. Sith Assassins made their first appearance in KOTOR 2 and had nothing to do with Darth Malak or the ships his forces flew at Rakata Prime. They were tied to the Triumvirate from KOTOR 2 which never had access to the Foundry. Plus, the model for the Sith Assassin isn’t even from KOTOR 2. It’s from The Old Republic MMO, which is set 300 years AFTER the events of the KOTOR games. Maybe I’m missing something and the SA will be piloting a different ship than the one mentioned in the starwars.com story. If not, this makes no sense.

Replies

• Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... Why not have the new malak sith soldierfrom bastila shan event fligh it?

• Options
    Makes more sense. SA has no business in that ship. Might as well have Nihilus Pilot the Millennium Falcon.
  • Options
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Makes more sense. SA has no business in that ship. Might as well have Nihilus Pilot the Millennium Falcon.

Nihilus piloting the Millennium Falcon would be interesting.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    Options
    Sigh....more communication that not here....you know....on the forums...the “official” forums....
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    (1) Where did Carrie make these comments?

(2) Eh. It makes about as much sense to me than having FOST actually be a pilot on Kylo Ren's ship or SRP on Bistan's. If we're very strict about lore, then yeah, you have a point that the Sith assassins, though founded by Revan, didn't seem to really surface until the time of the Sith Triumvirate. But on the other hand, I guess I'm seeing assassin and marauder more broadly as stand-ins for the many Sith or dark Jedi that fought in both the Jedi Civil War and kotor 2's Dark Wars. And if Jedi sometimes fought in starfighters, maybe sith/dark Jedi did too?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    gufu21 wrote: »

(2) Eh. It makes about as much sense to me than having FOST actually be a pilot on Kylo Ren's ship or SRP on Bistan's. If we're very strict about lore, then yeah, you have a point that the Sith assassins, though founded by Revan, didn't seem to really surface until the time of the Sith Triumvirate. But on the other hand, I guess I'm seeing assassin and marauder more broadly as stand-ins for the many Sith or dark Jedi that fought in both the Jedi Civil War and kotor 2's Dark Wars. And if Jedi sometimes fought in starfighters, maybe sith/dark Jedi did too?

https://www.starwars.com/news/kotor-galaxy-of-heroes

Favorite part was where Carrie said the the Sith triumpvirate was had a positive reception....Carrie’s got jokes!!!
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    I never saw Assassin mentioned in the starwars.com article.

I'm guessing a new pilot will be announced as Assassin, like the OP says, would be way off...
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Favorite part was where Carrie said the the Sith triumpvirate was had a positive reception....Carrie’s got jokes!!!

I didn't see a mention of SA piloting a Sith fighter. Maybe that got removed at some point?

And well, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt that she's talking about the characters of Nihilus, Sion, and Traya. Yes, the raid is terrible, but as far as I know, players loved getting those characters. I know I did (at least for DN and Sion; Traya is years away if ever for me).
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    She said it on reddit
    https://reddit.app.link/v2pZr8BRwO
  • Options

At least an FO Stormtrooper might have actually been on Kylo’s shuttle at some point. At least the ship existed in the same century. Same with SRP and U-wing. The Sith Assassin in SWGOH is from 300 years after the events of KOTOR. The ship they are about to release was built at an ancient force-powered space factory that was destroyed at the end of KOTOR. The Sith from The Old Repupic weren’t even tangentially related to Darth Revan or Darth Malak. They were part of Vitiate’s empire directly descended from the ancient Sith with red skin.

And again, the Sith Assassins that were in KOTOR 2 didn’t even use lightsabers. They consciously chose to include the version from three centuries later.
  • SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

My favorite part was where she said the Jedi needed a dedicated healer. Someone tell her about Barriss and Hermit Yoda. She clearly doesn’t remember they exist. Jedi need DPS, not another healer.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

My favorite part was where she said the Jedi needed a dedicated healer. Someone tell her about Barriss and Hermit Yoda. She clearly doesn’t remember they exist. Jedi need DPS, not another healer.

It was funny, when I saw new Jedi coming I was like "man, it'd be so stupid if they come as healers, Jedi have like a hundred healers, even Jedi consular counts, Ahsoka even heals". And then what happens is they get another healer. Darkside has like none of them and lightside gets another.

From what I've seen, they have mixed Kotor, Kotor2, and TOR up. The Lore for all three has been blended already so much in this game. Though, I won't mind a team with the Exile and Revan as one. Make a team of Exile, Revan, Traya, Nihilus, Malak :D...

Though its funny that Nihilus is with Traya, considering Nihilus just wanted to wipe out all existence, all Traya wanted to do was wipe out all Force.. Course its not like this game could support a planet wiping out sith, man Nihilus should just own everyone.
  • Whatelse73
    2182 posts Member
    Options

Nihilus piloting the Millennium Falcon would be interesting.

As things are going, it feels like we'll see Nihilus piloting the millenium falcon before any Han does.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I kinda just wanna say who cares.... going to be probably a year before you could even max it and if you could is it meta worthy..... in a year when i would have it maxxed it won't be....so you could put CUP in the ship...

The only way to get people to even care about these new ships is to make them super OP or part of a legendary or something.... like landos gimmick falcon..... yeah looks cool but who cares... battles over in 30 seconds don't help a ship who's gimmick is get's all the buffs of other reinformcements or something... meh

(I take that back on a new ship shard that might actually be worth it)

I don't know meh

But marquee releases with single node farms...meh who cares....by the time you farm it...worthless then again look how awesome kylo and reaper hard node farms are.....lol worthless (well not totallY)

EDIT....

Actually I would rather see CUP get the sith Ship just to see Crumb have to come explain something having to do with SITH and not the 50 pages being ignored on the Sith Raid
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    I kinda just wanna say who cares.... going to be probably a year before you could even max it and if you could is it meta worthy..... in a year when i would have it maxxed it won't be....so you could put CUP in the ship...

The only way to get people to even care about these new ships is to make them super OP or part of a legendary or something.... like landos gimmick falcon..... yeah looks cool but who cares... battles over in 30 seconds don't help a ship who's gimmick is get's all the buffs of other reinformcements or something... meh

(I take that back on a new ship shard that might actually be worth it)

I don't know meh

But marquee releases with single node farms...meh who cares....by the time you farm it...worthless then again look how awesome kylo and reaper hard node farms are.....lol worthless (well not totallY)

EDIT....

Actually I would rather see CUP get the sith Ship just to see Crumb have to come explain how it makes sense in their business model or something Then we could ask him why they won't talk about 50 pages of Sith Raid stuff they keep pretending does not exist

• Options
    I just want to see them follow continuity. Might as well have Ewoks running around with lightsabers.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    When you can put 5 Hans in the same squad, continuity went out the window Long Long time ago.
    Like seriously, you’re playing with your holographic character in a holographic ship, on a holographic table, in a make believe world...
  • Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    When you can put 5 Hans in the same squad, continuity went out the window Long Long time ago.
    Like seriously, you’re playing with your holographic character in a holographic ship, on a holographic table, in a make believe world...

Best comment I’ve seen here in a LONG time. :D
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options

Follow continuity within the parameters you set for yourself. This isn’t hard. The entire concept of the game is that you are collecting characters from various eras within the Star Wars universe, combining them into various teams and battling with others on holotables. So, yeah, you can put five Hans together. You can have Rey fighting alongside long-dead Jedi. That is not a continuity problem because it follows the rules the game set for itself. Having a ship piloted by a character who didn’t exist until 300 years after that ship was used violates the continuity of the game and the Star Wars universe. I’ve made this point elsewhere, but imagine how annoyed people would be if they made First Order Stormtrooper the pilot for TIE Fighter. This is essentially no different. They are just banking on the fact that less people played KOTOR and Old Republic, so they think they can get away with being lazy about the continuity. But for someone like me who spent hundreds of hours with both of those games, it’s an insult to stories and characters we love.
  • Options
    Or, it’s just a ship from a certain time and a pilot from another. Mebbe the devs wanted to use these two together from playing the same games you did. It really is immaterial either which way. We have a new ship, with a f2p char for the pilot, Could have been a lot worse.
  • Options
    Don't forget that we have 3 (not 1, 3!!!!!) geonosian ships......
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options

I recall seeing Dooku flying a Geonosian ship...they should add him as a 4th.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Follow continuity within the parameters you set for yourself. This isn’t hard. The entire concept of the game is that you are collecting characters from various eras within the Star Wars universe, combining them into various teams and battling with others on holotables. So, yeah, you can put five Hans together. You can have Rey fighting alongside long-dead Jedi. That is not a continuity problem because it follows the rules the game set for itself. Having a ship piloted by a character who didn’t exist until 300 years after that ship was used violates the continuity of the game and the Star Wars universe. I’ve made this point elsewhere, but imagine how annoyed people would be if they made First Order Stormtrooper the pilot for TIE Fighter. This is essentially no different. They are just banking on the fact that less people played KOTOR and Old Republic, so they think they can get away with being lazy about the continuity. But for someone like me who spent hundreds of hours with both of those games, it’s an insult to stories and characters we love.

Well, As I said, I doubt they care much. Look at the Sith Raid.
    For their to be a "Sith Triumvirate" it must be in the time before KOTOR2 when they were all allied before they cast Traya out.

However, in the fight in swgoh you see Traya missing a hand, which happens later in kotor2 cannon, AFTER they have split up. In game you fight nihilus alone on his ship.

Not to mention the fact that they are mixing up the two games completely. Its like they just saw popular characters from either game and decided to add them, not really thinking about the star wars universe kotor game cannon or time periods.

Honestly, I took one look at the ships we have and my first thought was "What a weird selection of star wars ships" :D 3 geos? Biggs, the guy who died early, is super tanky, whats a "bistan?"

I am glad we at least have Vader's iconic ship, but where's Lukes or Han's actual falcon. I'd even take a Y-Wing or A-Wing, and hows the droid interceptor going to work with pilots, lol.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Seeing the new Jedi Teams I wish I could Run 5 Sith Assasians on a team to ignore that 200% Protection........
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »

Well, As I said, I doubt they care much. Look at the Sith Raid.
    For their to be a "Sith Triumvirate" it must be in the time before KOTOR2 when they were all allied before they cast Traya out.

However, in the fight in swgoh you see Traya missing a hand, which happens later in kotor2 cannon, AFTER they have split up. In game you fight nihilus alone on his ship.

Not to mention the fact that they are mixing up the two games completely. Its like they just saw popular characters from either game and decided to add them, not really thinking about the star wars universe kotor game cannon or time periods.

Honestly, I took one look at the ships we have and my first thought was "What a weird selection of star wars ships" :D 3 geos? Biggs, the guy who died early, is super tanky, whats a "bistan?"

I am glad we at least have Vader's iconic ship, but where's Lukes or Han's actual falcon. I'd even take a Y-Wing or A-Wing, and hows the droid interceptor going to work with pilots, lol.

Vaders Iconic ship had about as much screen time in 9 movies as biggs did pretty close anyway
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

and hows the droid interceptor going to work with pilots, lol.

11 will be piloting it with her mind using the mindflayers psionic ablity to boost her power