Isolated Ally with Traya

Why doesn’t an isolated ally have their debuffs cleansed at the start of their turn whenever Traya is on the team. Isolate says “Can't gain buffs; can't attack or gain positive effects out of turn; allies can't attack or gain positive effects during this unit's turn.” I don’t see anything that says they can’t be cleansed. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Replies

• Options
    Cleansing would be a positive effect. It’s a passive effect, but it still counts.
  • Options
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Cleansing would be a positive effect. It’s a passive effect, but it still counts.

Even if it is, it’s not out of turn, since the cleanse is supposed to occur at the start of the allies turn.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Did they also have Plague?
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Did they also have Plague?

No. My arena is mostly mirror matches of Traya, Sion, Nihilus, SiTrooper, and Thrawn. I was very thrown off the when I first realized this. Now I use it to my advantage because I know I can get ability block to stick on whoever I isolate.
  • Rimzo
    120 posts Member
    Options
    It’s probably coded to cleanse before the turn and the game doesn’t realize it’s the same turn.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Rimzo wrote: »
    It’s probably coded to cleanse before the turn and the game doesn’t realize it’s the same turn.

I suspect this is it. An enemy Sion is supposed to taunt if you start the turn with pain. He doesn’t taunt if Traya is there to cleanse pain, which also seems wrong to me, since you still start the turn with pain. I think both of these are bugs.
  • Options
    Also, I still disagree with the concept that losing a debuff should be included in the phrase “gain positive effects”. It’s irrelevant in this particular instance, but it would come into play in other scenarios where a character is cleansed out of turn.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Options
    So since Traya does damage to them after the cleanse, I wonder if the ability is considered an attack. Since she can't attack during the Isolated ally's turn it would then be WAI.
  • Options
    So since Traya does damage to them after the cleanse, I wonder if the ability is considered an attack. Since she can't attack during the Isolated ally's turn it would then be WAI.

That seems very unlikely, although that could be tested by seeing if it triggers other attack effects. For example, If it’s an attack, then under a Phasma lead Traya dispelling Sith would have a 20% chance to call an assist. I highly doubt that is the case.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

That seems very unlikely, although that could be tested by seeing if it triggers other attack effects. For example, If it’s an attack, then under a Phasma lead Traya dispelling Sith would have a 20% chance to call an assist. I highly doubt that is the case.

Not necessarily. There are moves that don't call an assist under Ackbar lead because they are considered attacks, even though by the same token, they would also not call assists from Phasma, and devs have stated this behavior as WAI. So I can very well see Traya's unique not triggering something else. In any case, since the cleanse is coming from Traya, it does seem like it is against the spirit of Isolate even if it's the Isolated ally's turn.
  • Options

Not necessarily. There are moves that don't call an assist under Ackbar lead because they are considered attacks, even though by the same token, they would also not call assists from Phasma, and devs have stated this behavior as WAI. So I can very well see Traya's unique not triggering something else. In any case, since the cleanse is coming from Traya, it does seem like it is against the spirit of Isolate even if it's the Isolated ally's turn.

I’d agree that it’s not in the spirit of isolate, but that still doesn’t mean it’s not wrong based on the wording. And if we are going with that reasoning, then it doesn’t make sense that if Traya is isolated she will still dispel buffs from other allies during their turn.