Why doesn’t ship energy count towards our personal daily raid tickets count?

maraJade789
289 posts Member
edited July 2018
It’s energy.

Would appreciate a response from the Devs team on this one.

If I choose to spend ship energy instead of cantina/regular energy why not?

It’s also counted towards SPEND ENERGY GUILD CHALLENGE. Any energy is accepted for that. Would like to see it be respected as energy, the same as cantina/regular energy.

Player base would no doubt appreciate the slight tweak.

Love spending ships energy every so often to farm gears.

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Mainly because you get 540 free energy between normal amd cantina energy every day. Counting ships energy towards your 600 would see everyone getting their 600 without a need to refresh.

If they were to count ship energy they would do it by increasing 600 to roughly 800 and increasing the cost to launch all raids by a third to maintain the balance where you have to spend crystals on a refresh in order to max out ticket generation and have raids launched as much as at present.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Mainly because you get 540 free energy between normal amd cantina energy every day. Counting ships energy towards your 600 would see everyone getting their 600 without a need to refresh.

That is assuming everyone logs in to collect their bonus energy every time. I feel I'm a fairly active player yet I usually only get 50% of the free bonus energy. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I think they should address the system at some point and make a correction. Along that same logic Ship Challenges should also count towards the challenges guild activity...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Read one of the other three threads on this. You can find them with the search function. Lots of responses to those, no need to add them.
    Dazewalker wrote: »
    Along that same logic Ship Challenges should also count towards the challenges guild activity...
    .......They do.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Because the refresh would go away and you wouldn't use rubies. It's part of the game, it's simple, it's an easy way to get players to refresh. Adding ship energy to count would throw the balance off. Once you tweak one area you have to tweak another. In this case they would raise the required amount each day and then we would be back where we started.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Read one of the other three threads on this. You can find them with the search function. Lots of responses to those, no need to add them.
    Along that same logic Ship Challenges should also count towards the challenges guild activity...
    .......They do.

No.... They don't... He is talking about today's PVE activity....
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    .......They do.

No.... They don't... He is talking about today's PVE activity....

Then he should say pve , he said challenges, so nic is correct.
  • Options
    If they just it where you want, they will have to adjust the tickets required for each raid
  • Options
    It just doesn’t. And it doesn’t affect the way you’ve been playing the game in anyway. It just adds a place to get gear and shards. Essentially they’re giving us free gear. Don’t get greedy.
  • Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    If they just it where you want, they will have to adjust the tickets required for each raid

Except they didn't have to adjust anything for the guild payout tiers.... Their internal logic doesn't stand up.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    This was answered somewhere before. They aren't going to make it count towards our 600 to make that easier, it's easy enough already as someone else already pointed out. They did say they thought of raising the cap of 600, but then they would need to increase the amount of raid tickets needed to start a raid. They did not do that because it would require changing way to much.

Long story short they aren't going to count towards your 600. Sorry.
  • Options
    CG has already answered it. If ship battle energy is counted towards daily energy they would have to raise the daily energy to 900 and raid launch tickets proportionally.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    I will never be able to wrap my head around some of the complaints here....

We got a whole.new place to farm gear and ships and free energy to do so..... This is not enough?
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

We got a whole.new place to farm gear and ships and free energy to do so..... This is not enough?

Agree completely. So far I only farm gear here. I'm sure that at some point it will become a place for them to drop new characters and ships at which point I will farm them lol.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

Agree completely. So far I only farm gear here. I'm sure that at some point it will become a place for them to drop new characters and ships at which point I will farm them lol.

That table wasna huge part of my last two g12 toons....
  • Options
    I'm not bothered by the fact ship battle energy doesn't count towards raid tickets.....but how do we get 540 energy free? Am I missing some every day?
  • Options
    I'm not bothered by the fact ship battle energy doesn't count towards raid tickets.....but how do we get 540 energy free? Am I missing some every day?

Your regular energy refreshes 1 every 6 minutes. That’s 240 every 24 hours. Your cantina energy refreshes 1 every 12 minutes. That’s 120 every 24 hours. You get 45 free regular energy three times every 24 hours, and 45 free cantina energy once every 24 hours. That’s 240+120+135+45=540 free energy everyday.
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    Options
    because if ship energy counted towards the 600 cap, then people won't use crystals, people will save more crystals, leading to people getting gear and/or character shards quicker, lowering revenue for EA/CG

not that hard to figure out
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    FAQ:

Is ship energy supposed to contribute to my daily 600 raid tickets like Energy and Cantina Energy?

Ship energy does not contribute to the daily 600 Raid Tickets. We would have needed to boost the total earnable tickets to 900 and adjust the raid costs appropriately if we included Ship Energy and we felt this would have been a much worse experience for everyone. All the text in game should have been updated to explain Raid Tickets are only earned from Energy and Cantina Energy.
    You can find this quote from EA_CGCrumb in Content Update 6/20/2018
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You get 165 ship energy per day. If they increased it from 600 to daily 900 then you'll be short of 195 energy per day in 24 hours instead of 60 (705 free energy). Meaning the more guild members fail to carry their weight the more delayed the raids will be and your refreshes per day are going to be more costly.

Its best to NOT make it count.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    Because that would be too easy for us, 1 minuet all done and never needs to open the game again, no need to spent crystals either, plus most guilds only require 600 daily, not good for the income or endless in-game advertisements.