Mid tier guilds dying a slow and painful death

SithAmer
227 posts Member
Hi,

I am an officer in a 60-70 MN GP guild which was doing quite well for past couple of years. However, no new players are joining for the past couple of months despite lowering the level 85 requirement. I understand a number of mid-tier guilds are in the same boat.

Any solution for this CG? Will the new starter guild system or HSTR lead to all mid tier guilds dying a slow and painful death?

Best regards,
Cough Cough

PS: Jar Jar Binks Rules

Replies

• Options
    You need to find another guild and merge together. My guild hovered around 80 mil GP and we’ve since merged and now we’re at 120 mil.
  • Jailwatcher
    151 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Short answer is yes unless you can find a way to increase your player base or have a clear plan for ALL players in the guild to grow in a strategic way to complete events.

The other dilemma is that player retention is definitely a lot harder these days. If you have a few players at the higher end with the rest of the guild at the low - mid end, the higher players cant carry the extra weight of the guild for things like HSTR where they used to be able to for HPIT and HAAT so are more likely to look elsewhere.

Solution wont ever be a Dev fix in my view (though the new starter guilds may be adding to the pain and could be tweaked) I personally think its finding like minded people to either grow together or to merge and have higher calibre people.

Edit: Just to add.. This is written from the perspective of guilds that are chasing the higher end game. Those that are just casual guilds that are just there for people to hang out in do some of the easier content are always going to be about....
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Short answer is yes unless you can find a way to increase your player base or have a clear plan for ALL players in the guild to grow in a strategic way to complete events.

The other dilemma is that player retention is definitely a lot harder these days. If you have a few players at the higher end with the rest of the guild at the low - mid end, the higher players cant carry the extra weight of the guild for things like HSTR where they used to be able to for HPIT and HAAT so are more likely to look elsewhere.

Solution wont ever be a Dev fix in my view (though the new starter guilds may be adding to the pain and could be tweaked) I personally think its finding like minded people to either grow together or to merge and have higher calibre people.

Edit: Just to add.. This is written from the perspective of guilds that are chasing the higher end game. Those that are just casual guilds that are just there for people to hang out in do some of the easier content are always going to be about....

^ agreed, not to mention how HSR unlocks Traya (a meta dominating toon atm) as well as G12+ which has speed stat increases (making those without the greatest speed mods to compete as long as they’re completing the raid)

The power gap between those able to do HSR and those that can’t is quite big. It doesn’t leave much reason for those who are carrying the guild to stay in such guild besides “commradary”.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    You're dying because you care too much. Be happy progressing and each new star you get from successive territory battles is a big event and something to be celebrated. We're 68m and have good activity with 30 people because we're purposely casual. We've had a couple folks who wanted to be more hardcore, so we helped them get their rosters in order and then matriculate on up to stronger guilds. No tea, no shade, no lemonade. Everyone gets what they want out of a game.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    These new beginner guilds sure screwed real guilds. We used to have players joining up until that release. Now we have around 20 active members and no one joining. It's ok though as we're a relaxed guild. We always have raids going and we do progress. Chasing end game content is too stressful right now. Better to just enjoy the game as the moment.
  • Options
    Our guild (hovering around 100M) hasn't been able to recruit any decent new members since the introduction of the STR.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    They need a global chat like every other game...?

You mean spam chat.

That's all global chat ever is.

One other game I play has literally nothing but "special offers" in it.

However it would be nice to have some in game way of recruiting peeps. Especially given the high rate of attrition.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    There are several ways of recruiting new players. Sitting back and waiting for people to join is only one method — not the most efficient method, though. Some times being pro—active helps.
  • Hatred
    2 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Part of the problems to all these mid tier guilds is their asinine entry barrier.

While I understand the want and/or need for certain criteria to keep the riff raff out is needed it is also outdated if you are losing members and not gaining any new members.

I just recently changed guilds and the sheer amount of guilds I seen with a requirements list akin to this is staggering.

24 hours 0 Damage, 600 daily raid tickets, TW & TB battles req, no less than 2million GP, Discord/Line a must.

If you are having troubles its time to update your requirements and maybe you need to lessen them in order to actually grow your numbers again. You are a mid tier guild you are crazy to think you are going to attract people with a 2M+ GP roster.

Saying 24 hours 0 damage rule is in effect at this point is just stupid as this has tools and it set in place by the guild leadership. Telling active members they have to get 600 raid tickets daily is just ridiculous.

Point is, if you are having problems with losing members and then refilling those slots, it's upon your guilds leadership to change the way they do business. You can't expect people to just randomly join your guild when there are a plethora of guilds to choose from.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Hatred wrote: »
    Part of the problems to all these mid tier guilds is their asinine entry barrier.

While I understand the want and/or need for certain criteria to keep the riff raff out is needed it is also outdated if you are losing members and not gaining any new members.

I just recently changed guilds and the sheer amount of guilds I seen with a requirements list akin to this is staggering.

24 hours 0 Damage, 600 daily raid tickets, TW & TB battles req, no less than 2million GP, Discord/Line a must.

If you are having troubles its time to update your requirements and maybe you need to lessen them in order to actually grow your numbers again. You are a mid tier guild you are crazy to think you are going to attract people with a 2M+ GP roster.

Saying 24 hours 0 damage rule is in effect at this point is just **** as this has tools and it set in place by the guild leadership. Telling active members they have to get 600 raid tickets daily is just ridiculous.

Point is, if you are having problems with losing members and then refilling those slots, it's upon your guilds leadership to change the way they do business. You can't expect people to just randomly join your guild when there are a plethora of guilds to choose from.

I see no problem for a mid tier guild to have a 600 ticket requirement. That is easy to hit daily. However, if they are labeling themselves as a “Causal” Mid Tier guild, then yes, I would find that requirement ridiculous. There are many types no labels of guilds. There are low, mid, high tier guilds then there are casual, semi-casual and competitive guilds.

2m GP requirement is also not that big of an issue for a mid tier guild. I’ve seen lower tier guilds ask for 1m requirement, and end-game/ high tier guilds ask for 3m. Perfectly fine me to ask for 2m requirement. If you simply have 1.5m in toons, you would have at least 500k in ships, assuming you have worked on them (which everyone should be if they want to be in a competitive mid tier guild).
  • Options
    We are 80m GP and deliberately leave our guild open to join.

We advertise no requirements, just state HAAT & T4 and casual.

When someone joins the guild they must acknowledge the greeting (if they can’t see/don’t want to see chat then we’ve got no use for them) and they must have a 1mil (or close) roster. If these 2 conditions aren’t met then they are booted.

This system has worked well, but most importantly this has only been in place a month, because we’ve adapted our joining expectations as we’ve grown as a guild. Last August we were 15mil GP.
  • Options
    I think a few of us should get together and merge.
    We're relaxed but never enough active to do any T.W.
    Look us up and chat
    We're Airborne sithlords