Jedi Consular cooldown increase? [No, it's a bug]

Mikymate
112 posts Member
edited March 2016
After midnight (I play in europe so about two hours ago) I begin the new day GW, and I find that even more difficult than usual.
And I found out the reason: JC heal has now 4 turn cooldown instead of 3.
Have you guys notice that?
Post edited by Mikymate on

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Mine has 3 turn cooldown. Pretty sure it shouod be 2 but a bug is making it one turn longer then should be. Its been that way for a while so its not a bee thing as far as today goes
  • Options
    I'll look tomorrow, but I didn't notice it today. GW was harder today, but it goes through phases like that for me.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Oh and for the record, a toons cooldown length has no bearing on the hardness of your opponets in GW. Thats based on highest squad power you have won a match with per a dev on reddit
  • Options
    I play a little game called "what will JC's cool down be this time?". After ability upgrade 6 it's supposed to be down to 2. Mine only goes to 2 about half the time. Seems like it always messes up when I could use it the most.
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Oh and for the record, a toons cooldown length has no bearing on the hardness of your opponets in GW. Thats based on highest squad power you have won a match with per a dev on reddit

I think he's just saying GW is harder because he expected to be able to heal at a certain frequency, not that GW is changing his cooldowns.
  • Options
    I'm not sure what you mean, my JC still has the same cool down times. You guys should really read the description of his 1st ability. "Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 25% chance to reduce Jedi Counselor's cool downs by 1." So that's why your experiencing different cooldown rates.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    WildRile wrote: »

I think he's just saying GW is harder because he expected to be able to heal at a certain frequency, not that GW is changing his cooldowns.

Ah got ya, makes sense
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    I play a little game called "what will JC's cool down be this time?". After ability upgrade 6 it's supposed to be down to 2. Mine only goes to 2 about half the time. Seems like it always messes up when I could use it the most.

Exactly and hes pretty much a staple for yoda event which is 8 days away........ Devs....... Emergency patch??????
  • Options

MrClean621 wrote: »

That's cause his cool down rate has the potential to change, his primary ability is what shortens the wait time of other abilities by one. So sometimes its 3 for heal, other times its 2.
  • Mikymate
    112 posts Member
    Options
    WildRile wrote: »

Yes, this is exactly what i mean. I really rely on JC fast heal for GW.
    The fact is that I've found his heal cooldown increased by one.
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Options
    JC and GS cooldowns are known bugs.
    Force close. Restart. Play a few battles.
    The cooldowns will show properly again.
  • Options
    Guys, that's how JCs cooldowns are intended to be. Read the description of his 1st ability, it reduces the cooldown time by 1. So that's why you sometimes get your heal faster than other times. It's initially 3 after lvl6, but if you attack with his 1st ability, then you have a 25% chance that the heal wait time is reduced to 2
  • Inggold
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Restart your client, it is a bug that hits me once in a while too.

A bug - maybe we should blame GS for this one too, NERF! Haha.
  • Mikymate
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, it was actually a bug.
    I'd never imagine that can be changed all cooldowns. A force quit and a restart seems to fix the problem. Now it's again 3 turn, dammit I've done half GW with a 4 turn cooldown heal xD
    I've changed the title so it may be useful if someone will have the same problem in future :)
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    @HaloWars29
    You might as well be saying "Buller... Buller"
  • Options
    HaloWars29 wrote: »
    Guys, that's how JCs cooldowns are intended to be. Read the description of his 1st ability, it reduces the cooldown time by 1. So that's why you sometimes get your heal faster than other times. It's initially 3 after lvl6, but if you attack with his 1st ability, then you have a 25% chance that the heal wait time is reduced to 2

Then how come sometimes when I use his heal and it comes around to his next turn it reads 2 before I ever use his basic? Doesn't his initial cooldown start at 4 when you first acquire him? Then he gets the 2 cooldown reductions at ability level 3 and 6. Maybe I'm crazy?
  • klay
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Well there's two different things being talked about here that is causing some confusion. I believe the OP is stating there is a bug where is JC's heal is taking 4 turns to cooldown when he has the ability maxed and it should only be taking 3 turns.

Others are referring to the basic attack ability that sometimes knocks the cooldown rate by one. In essence, you could knock it down to 2 turns instead of 3.

Whether this bug really exist though is what is debatable.
  • Options
    JC level 6 heal has 2 turn cool down. If your seeing higher it's a bug....force close and restart
  • Thysk
    85 posts Member
    Options
    JC level 6 heal should be a 3 turn cooldown. (ie, you can use it again in 3 turns).

On your turn after using it, you'll see the cooldown saying 2 turns remaining.

The turn after that you'll see 1 turn remaining.

Then, 3 turns later you can use it again.

Naturally, the Saber Strike has a chance of skipping the "1 turn remaining." But that's an effect of Saber Strike.

I think you are thinking of how many turns it's unavailable to use (which would be two not factoring in Saber Strike).
  • Options
    this is a known bug which I just realized recently. by forcing close app and restarting actually works for cool down intended.
    the same goes for GS as well.
    and this made me realized how many GW it has cost me.....