Ability Materials Pack?

Hello. Now when we get Bastila Shan and the Jedi are back most of the new end game players will start building they Jedi team. My question is: Are we gonna get soon Ability Materials Pack? This is one of the best packs in the whole game, and now when we need to build up from scratch new team we will definitely need a lot of these Materials ;)

Replies

• Options
    Agreed. CG please add ability materials pack once a month!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    We are always going to be in need of something. The better plan is to work on resource management.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    We are always going to be in need of something. The better plan is to work on resource management.

I have my resource management, but tell me how you can make management for Ability Material Mk3 and Omega when you just hit level 85 last month and you need every single team for Events, Arena, Territory War, Guild War and you just unlocked Zeta Ability and if you want to put Zeta you need to have a lot of Ability Material Mk3 and Omega (for now i put 3 Zeta and i am close to the fourth). Also the Events last month was ridiculously too many (we get Luke Skywalker Hero's Journey, Daring Droid, Pieces & Plans, Rey's Hero's Journey and Grandmaster's Training). I manage to get BB8 and R2D2 (only for those 2 events you need 2 teams at least with level 7 abilities). Now i am getting ready for Luke and Rey return (there you go, another 2 teams with level 7 abilities), also with that new Jedi bomb i need to farm Jedi for Yoda event (another new team with level 7 abilities). I already have Palpatine on 7* and Trawn on 6* (i hope this time i will get it to 7* with my Phoenix team). For a new player this is too much teams and your Ability Materials will drop like crazy no matter how many you have (and i am farming in Cantina for shards and Ability Materials like crazy since my first day in this game + 3 Cantina energy refreshes every day and i still can't get enough i have 2 teams ready to go, but they are on only level 3 Abilities because i dont have the mats). Also i am not even farming other teams for other evens like Nightsisters, Bounty Hunters, Scoundrel, Ewok etc..

So in the end where is "The better plan is to work on resource management." ? Or probably your solution will be to play and totally ignore everything in the game like: Events, your Guild plans for Territory Wars and Guild Wars, Arena meta changes?
  • Options
    The answer is that you are spread to thin and you are trying to do everything at once. That’s a you issue. If you want to play that way, pony up cash, and buy everything including all refreshes. Otherwise. Pick one team and develop it, then move to the next. There is no reason to try build ten squads at once, that’s simply foolishness.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    The answer is that you are spread to thin and you are trying to do everything at once. That’s a you issue. If you want to play that way, pony up cash, and buy everything including all refreshes. Otherwise. Pick one team and develop it, then move to the next. There is no reason to try build ten squads at once, that’s simply foolishness.

Sticky!!

@Kyno is also correct. Resource management/planning.

This game is equal parts planning and will-power, that's all. Can be accelerated by using cold hard cash, but it boils down to those two key aspects.

You're shooting yourself in the foot by trying to prepare for all aspects of the game simultaneously. I saved 84 purple ability mats in just over a week to get ready to use them for Thrawn. Meant I couldn't upgrade anyone else but hey, my arena team is already omega'd so they don't need them outside of Zetas.
  • ENERGYSS
    50 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Is it foolishness to try to get every legendary events? And if so then how many legendary events did you skip until you finally get the hero? Most of the youtubers says that they manage to nail every single event from the first time and i skip 5-6 big legendary events and still can't get them because i am too spread? Is that so? And the biggest question is why you have in the shop everything from credits, mods, training druids, gear, but you don't have ability materials? What's the point of this? In the end i don't think i am too spread, because i have the heroes farm up, gear up, level up, but i don't have the Ability materials (from 12 sims. i get 1 ability material or in the best case scenario 3). For me this means that ability materials have lower drop chance then hero shards...
  • Options
    By your own admission you are new to the game, just hit level 85 last month, right,

You are spread too thin by trying to get every squad ready at once to get everything as fast as it shows up. Build one squad, then the next. You are forcing this artificial shortage by trying to build every squad needed for every event in this game in what appears to be a couple month timeframe. As I said, it’s a you problem. Those you tube vids, . . Are guys 5at have been playing for a long time and know what they are doing, and have developed rosters. A brand new player cannot expect to develop all those squads in a month or two like you appear to think you should, unless you are willing to buy everything, then you might have a chance.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ENERGYSS wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I have my resource management, but tell me how you can make management for Ability Material Mk3 and Omega when you just hit level 85 last month and you need every single team for Events, Arena, Territory War, Guild War and you just unlocked Zeta Ability and if you want to put Zeta you need to have a lot of Ability Material Mk3 and Omega (for now i put 3 Zeta and i am close to the fourth). Also the Events last month was ridiculously too many (we get Luke Skywalker Hero's Journey, Daring Droid, Pieces & Plans, Rey's Hero's Journey and Grandmaster's Training). I manage to get BB8 and R2D2 (only for those 2 events you need 2 teams at least with level 7 abilities). Now i am getting ready for Luke and Rey return (there you go, another 2 teams with level 7 abilities), also with that new Jedi bomb i need to farm Jedi for Yoda event (another new team with level 7 abilities). I already have Palpatine on 7* and Trawn on 6* (i hope this time i will get it to 7* with my Phoenix team). For a new player this is too much teams and your Ability Materials will drop like crazy no matter how many you have (and i am farming in Cantina for shards and Ability Materials like crazy since my first day in this game + 3 Cantina energy refreshes every day and i still can't get enough i have 2 teams ready to go, but they are on only level 3 Abilities because i dont have the mats). Also i am not even farming other teams for other evens like Nightsisters, Bounty Hunters, Scoundrel, Ewok etc..

So in the end where is "The better plan is to work on resource management." ? Or probably your solution will be to play and totally ignore everything in the game like: Events, your Guild plans for Territory Wars and Guild Wars, Arena meta changes?

Ignore, no. Plan and manage. Feeling like you need everything all at once is your issue. Hitting level 85 may feel like a plateau but it's just the beginning of the next stage of the climb.

You keep saying you need all these things, that's the pull. Dont play that game unless you want to always be hand to mouth with everything you have or want to spend $$.

Make a plan, pick toons that have multiple uses, build versatility into your roster, and most importantly be patient.

As for the game changers, many of them have been playing for a while, as the game developed we had many forced pauses, this allowed older players to build up teams and characters differently.
  • Options
    For a company that loves money, I find it stupid that they never release the ability mats packs more. We buy them up like drugs for god sake.
  • Options
    How often do these typically appear? And what do they contain / cost
    Hodor