Some insight, please

Greetings,

I'm new to the forums, but have been playing SWGOH for a while now. I'm at level 78, and have lately been watching vids on youtube on tactics, squad builds, mod management, and so forth. Being FTP, however, has slowed things down, and I'm beginning to wonder about my progress so far. Recently, I've gotten GMY and Palpatine, which seems like my work so far is paying off. However, I would like some insight into the status of my line up, what would be good to work on, and any other advice.

thanks,

LordGrahck

https://swgoh.gg/u/lordgrahck/

Replies

• Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I think it’s a good idea to work toward legendary characters as much as possible until you have them. So I would either work on building up your Phoenix characters to get Thrawn or building up your Empire characters to get R2D2.
    Also, your arena team does not have much synergy. From your character list, it looks like you could put together a Jedi team, an Empire team, or a Rebel team. If I were in your place, I would transition to an Empire team led by Palpatine. This will help you farm required characters for R2D2 while also using a team that should be able to help you increase your arena rank.
    And as a third thing, I would recommend getting a team of 5 scoundrels to gear 8 and high star level for credit heists and critical chance mod challenges. They will help make sure you have the credits for upgrades you need to do.
  • Options
    I think it only takes 3 strong scoundrels to pass the heists, the other two can be cannon fodder, and I would make that a priority over the rest.
  • uhdea
    49 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    you're a bit behind. without a phoenix team thrawn is out of the question, and he is one of the best characters in the game.
    It would also be a good idea to build up a FO team for bb8, an empire team for r2, your cls team, and your jtr team.

the normal progression in the game is phoenix > empire > fo > cls > jtr

this may help some
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1flsMD3qCFccLk6n-PKCZ_L-GVGMta02GTNBmL6m0S5c/edit?usp=sharing

also if your guild is not running HAAT/7* rancor then I suggest finding a guild that is.
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    First tip....don’t spend credits or gear on non-core unlocked characters. No one has enough credits at your stage to spread them around.
    1) Heists - you need credits! If you haven’t unlocked final tier of Credit Heist then this is a priority. Lando and Boba are your MVPs. Also maxout STH, he’s needed for CLS!

2) A Rebel Team - Phoenix are the most versatile - They will get you all 7* Thrawn/Palps, can complete GW every day by themselves and have ships, Territory War/Battle use.
    However - you may make faster progress working on “old Rebels” as yours are much more progressed. Specifically focusing on Rebels that are needed for Fleet and unlocking CLS.
    So...
    2a) Catch Phoenix team up to 7*
    2b) Wedge (and his ship), Biggs (and his ship), Leia (and get her first 2 abilities at Omega), Old Ben and eventually R2D2 but for now Farmboy Luke/AA.

3) Empire Team - you need this for R2D2 and you need R2D2 for CLS. Tarkin (Capital Ship - you need him for ship challenge to get Zetas), TFP (and ship), Vader once you unlock him (and his ship), Palps and Stormtrooper since you have him somewhat leveled.

4) Ships - I love Home One BUT....it’s most streamlined to focus on Tarkin and 5 Darkside ships so that you can unlock ability mat challenge and get Zetas. You need Tarkins ship at 5* for that which is Darkside ships only. For the actually ability mat challenge itself you can use a mix of ships (Biggs!!).

Team 1 - STH, Lando, Boba and 2 other Scoundrel (Cad is easy to get but rubbish, Chewie but don’t waste too much time gear on him)
    Team 2 - Phoenix or Wedge(l), Biggs, Leia, Old Ben and AA/Luke (replaced by R2D2)
    Team 3 - Tarkin(l), Vader, Palps, Stormtrooper and TFP - Palps become leader eventually but Tarkins speed boost is most helpful early on.