Need your thoughts on my arena team

Shooting4life
211 posts Member
edited March 2016
So I stay competitive, top 5 every now and then first. I am on an early dec server that isn't highly competitiv but has a few whales I compete against.

My current team is as follows and full starred/geared
Phasma (L)
Sid
GS
Poe
Lumi

I have been thinking about replacing Sid with a maxed ig-86.

My current matches go as follows, Sid attacks, then GS, if I get the right assist this leads to one enemy toon down. Then Poe taunts, phasma speeds up, lumi either heals or hits her special and then Sid and GS go again leading to another enemy toon down. Poe then falls and I usually win 4v3.

Replacing Sid with IG reduces my attack power early round one but would add another chance to one shot a toon after Poe taunt and phasma speed up. Plus this would help GS by giving a higher basic attack to call for the assist.

What do you think.

Replies

• Options
    I have the exact same team, I was thinking about the same thing I also have IG-86 maxed aswell.
    I'd be interested to hear some feed back also
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Your squad is powerful yet ultimately lacks speed. QGJ (L) dooku and GS will have your most powerful toon in the grave before your Poe taunts. That first turn could possibly cripple you, however you would have a huge advantage afterwards with a Poe taunt and phasma. If you want 86 in the lineup, I'd throw dooku in as well so you can stun enemy Qui gons and have a chance for Poe to taunt with no dead characters. Phasma (L) 86 GS Poe dooku. Lemme know if it works, farming 86 myself
  • Options
    Idk people r giving up on Sid for some odd reason. IMO he is better than I-86, Sid heals when a player gets killed. I think Lumi is most overated character in game. She does everything alright but doesn't master anything IMO. I trample droid teams with Lumi. IMO the roughest squad has Rey n RG on their team right now those r teams I'm struggling with. I do run an all sith squad Sid lead Dooku savage Maul n Darka( non sith of course but need her revive when maul is targeted early) I've have total power near 27k and I take out team that are higher without any issue my advice to everyone is stick to toons you love to play with, also make true squads up I got a feeling that sooner or later having an all FO team, Empire, Jedi etc will be way more important than having a cherry picks squad, I think team synergies will a nerf soon, think about it developer want is chasing more characters so they'll nerf team synergy further so that's what I've been doing. Finished with Sith, Jedi, nightsisters, now busting my but for FO team, but FO officer is so difficult to farm along with FOTP, but three more weeks they should be fully starred.
  • Options
    I've still not got the hang of Arena after months. 150 is my best placing. Only a core set of characters are any good which defeats the object of having so much choice I think. I actually want to play with Greedo, Biggs etc but they're really not very good at all.
  • insurrectioner
    6 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I know it hurts but replace your phasma with a poggle and your lumi with an IG88 i think it will be better.
    Use sid as leader
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    If Sid isn't the leader he is a waste of space on any team in the current meta.....And currently he isn't a great choice for leader.