edited February 2019
edited
Post edited by Quim on

Replies

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    The probelm here is called "Hoarding".

Its pretty darned common, and it is a probelm, but i think you re screwing people over more than you re fixing the probelm. Simple solution: You gain EXP whenever you login before level 60. This would serve a double purpose; Stop Hoarders or make it ineffective, and speed up player pogression faster
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

Its pretty darned common, and it is a probelm, but i think you re screwing people over more than you re fixing the probelm. Simple solution: You gain EXP whenever you login before level 60. This would serve a double purpose; Stop Hoarders or make it ineffective, and speed up player pogression faster

I think your solution about get experience only because of login is not the best.

First of all do a login not deserve any reward, and probably is too much get the free login crystals during a month, is another thing that would be better only allow from level 28. I have added it in the first message.

Second, as is possible join in a guild from level 22 and you join in the arena at level 28, you have 6 levels margin to get EXP and not join in the server, the daily experience cannot be a lot because not deserve 1000 EXP or 500 EXP only because of login lol so if is 100-200 EXP there is enough margin to play during 15-20 days or more before join in the server.

So I think is better my ideas =)

Thanks for the name of this exploit, I have edited the title to the name you proposed because it seems that my old officer @Kyno don't like the old title =D
  • Options
    You realize if they don't fix this you just told other people how to cheat
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options

Most of people know that is possible do it lol and if more people do it because of this post, then more reason to fix it =D
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    [ ] hoarding
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    I have another idea about limits, that is a storage limit, put a maximum of 400 energy that you can save (3 refreshes x120 and a little more), for who want sim a lot of nodes at same time, from then appears a warning message saying that to buy more refreshes or to get more free energy is needed spend the current energy. This is an easy way to prevent hoarding.

Anyway would be needed put restrictions in the other things, the participation in raids, the daily rewards and the initial free crystals.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Quim wrote: »

I think your solution about get experience only because of login is not the best.

First of all do a login not deserve any reward, and probably is too much get the free login crystals during a month, is another thing that would be better only allow from level 28. I have added it in the first message.

Second, as is possible join in a guild from level 22 and you join in the arena at level 28, you have 6 levels margin to get EXP and not join in the server, the daily experience cannot be a lot because not deserve 1000 EXP or 500 EXP only because of login lol so if is 100-200 EXP there is enough margin to play during 15-20 days or more before join in the server.

Thanks for the name of this exploit, I have edited the title to the name you proposed because it seems that my old officer Kyno don't like the old title =D

I think cheat or exploit (or asking people to be banned) is a bit harsh.

I'm not saying that its not an issue that maybe they should address, but an exploit or cheat would really need an easy path to more rewards than you could get normally. There is a lot of "work" involved in a setup like this, and I have seen people posting about giving up because they stored so much energy it's hard to actually spend it quick enough. That's just anecdotal but still, there is nothing quick or easy about what someone is doing when they embark on this.

That being said, it may be discouraging a little to some. But 1 or 5 super players on a shard are not game breaking by any means for most players. When you have 100s or 1000s of active players on a shard, most dont feel like they are going to be in the top 50, never mind the top 10 without spending. They are wrong, but it's a long road to get to the top and that is probably more discouraging at times than a few guys always being at the top spots.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Thanks for the name of this exploit, I have edited the title to the name you proposed because it seems that my old officer Kyno don't like the old title =D

I think cheat or exploit (or asking people to be banned) is a bit harsh.

I'm not saying that its not an issue that maybe they should address, but an exploit or cheat would really need an easy path to more rewards than you could get normally. There is a lot of "work" involved in a setup like this, and I have seen people posting about giving up because they stored so much energy it's hard to actually spend it quick enough. That's just anecdotal but still, there is nothing quick or easy about what someone is doing when they embark on this.

That being said, it may be discouraging a little to some. But 1 or 5 super players on a shard are not game breaking by any means for most players. When you have 100s or 1000s of active players on a shard, most dont feel like they are going to be in the top 50, never mind the top 10 without spending. They are wrong, but it's a long road to get to the top and that is probably more discouraging at times than a few guys always being at the top spots.

It seems be a moderator made you lose the manners, I expected some "hi how are you" =) after be playing a lot of months in my guild finally being one of my only 2 officers =D now I'm starting again basically because I like a lot Bastila =D

Being back to the topic theme, all are you saying about that the people feel about it are hypothesis, probably wrong, first of all there is not 1000 active players per server, I have an alt account that have been at rank 300 during 4 months, from rank 200 to 500 all players are very casual, people on rank 300 are noobs, from rank 200 there is better things but still casual, only the first 100 play at least 5 times per week and probably only 50 are really active playing everyday, as checked in my first December 2015 server, and later when I played last time until 4 months ago, and the real thing is in old servers only the first 25 have a very active participation.

One of the reasons of because this game not have a lot of players is because the cheats and exploits. Maybe you think that when the people see players cheating they don't care and they continue playing, but the real thing is that they stop to play without say anything, without complain in the forum, simply they uninstall the game and go to play Fortnite =D is that I do in other games, for example, I played some games, after see cheaters I left the game without say anything in the forum of that game because I know that the developers in that game will not do anything against it, is not like Fortnite or PUBG that you have an active community of developers working on stop cheats, when someone discover a cheat is fixed in few days. Probably here also is possible because here there is a forum dedicated to feedbacks and they implemented a lot of things that players suggested, so still I believe that is possible do something against this exploit.

I really don't care how many people accept or not accept this exploit, the only thing that I know is that there is players that don't like it and that are disappointed with it. I don't care about whales, in my fleet server I had whales and I got defeat them anyway and finally be ir the same level, but is very different when are players that without spend any money are exploiting the game, in my server started 8 days ago I have a player with 15 levels more than me, 57, when I'm 42, with all characters maxed at that level, full phoenix team from second day, gear 7, when just I'm getting gear 4 and 5 in my phoenix and the maximum that I got is gear 6 in JC, rest are gear 5, and this player already played 27 raids and got 28.000 guild currency, this is a big advantage and is not fair.

The solution is very easy and is much more important than other harder things that the devs already did, much more easy than put private messages on chat, only is needed out a storage limit, for example, and problem solved, only is needed move the 200 initial crystals to a lvl 30 achievement and another problem solved, this don't needs a lot of programming, probably they can do it in 5 minutes or less, and the second problem solved, and if the other fix require more time no problem we can wait, like not allow partecipate in raids before level 30, because anyway if is not possible hoard energy will not be possible get any advantage thanks to cantina shards or gear farming so probably 90% of cheaters or more will stop to use this exploit, and this 2 fixes probably don't require more than 1 hour of work, I can pay the dev work if is needed lol 15, 20 dollars.... this is all they need to solve it, and with only 15-20 dollars they will gain much more dollars because a lot of players will not abandon the game because of it and soon or later will do some purchase.

In fleet arena is different, because you only can join in fleet server from lvl 60 so the cheaters will not get any advantage in fleet arena, in the server the players will have almost the same, maybe they can farm Rex and Maul faster in guild shop, but anything more, nothing important, but in normal arena is a big difference when someone has Nest or Sion from the beginning without spend any money, only creating new accounts and buying the 350 crystals card and try to get them, if not works do another account and try again, and when works start to save energy during an entire month, collect the 500 free daily crystals, the 2 zetas, the omegas, get the shards and have a free character, like HK-47 this month, and after 1 month start to create new account to join in a new server the first day and spend all the energy hoarded, this is a very big advantage, more than be a whale, because the whales get some characters but if they have almort the same level and same gears are not too hard to defeat, like level 40 vs level 45 or level 48, hard but defeatable, but if you are level 40 and there is a guy that already is level 60 with 28.000 guild tokens is a big difference, and more when probably in few weeks he will unlock Han Solo and General Kenobi because he already played 27 raids when still I not played any raid and any player of my server played more than 3 raids that probably are tier 1-3 instead of heroic as this guy.

I'm sure it happens in every server and probably more than 1 time per server in most of cases, so as is a thing very easy to solve would be nice if the devs apply some of my ideas.

See you!! =) (say hi next time lol)

• sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

People have known and have been doing this for a long while. All you have to do is find the right discord server(s)

Quim, I wouldn’t call this an exploit or cheating. Nor do I think it needs to have measured put in place against. You can do a lot of work and get next to nothing in the long run. It’s only a matter of time before people catch up and even surpass those people using this tactic.

Anyway, happy hunting. Try not to blow up this time around.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options

Thanks for the name of this exploit, I have edited the title to the name you proposed because it seems that my old officer @Kyno don't like the old title =D

See, the probelm is hoarders really have to haord for a long time before they can enter with a significant advanatge. If they get say 5 shards of Han per raid, and they raid thrice a week, that will still take 10 weeks to unlock han. Maybe EXP can be added to daily energy collection and raids to stop this, but banning players from basically every single useful thing before level 28 is harsh.

Actually, now that i think of it, i kinda like my solution. Add EXP to raids, energy collection and daily logins.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Hahaha, what a nonsense thread. You already prefaced it saying that it’s legal since no rules were broken but you keep calling them cheaters and asking for bans? You should be banned for bringing your knowledge and expertise of this game to a new server because that’s an unfair advantage. (See what I did there?)

You can only buy energy up to 999+120 so I don’t know what you’re saying about buying cheap energy refreshes daily.

First Chromium is always a LS character so there’s no possibility of getting Sion. Wedge is not inside the pool either. So you’re still not making sense.

Creating new throwaway accounts fill up the Leaderboard faster which dilutes the competition and reduces the amount of lead time the first few players had on joining the Leaderboard.

Whales don’t care about this slight advantage since they’ll just spend like whales do and catch up in no time. Heck, whales would probably spend even more than they would have had just to get further along than said hoarders, promoting more sales and $$$ for the game.

And last but not least, I’m only actively playing my 1 main account from 2016, so I honestly shouldn’t care, but your accusatory tone combined with misconceptions is forcing me to respond. And you know what’s the simplest solution? Revert the change of entering the Arena Leaderboard at level 28 to level 8. Developers themselves introduced this change which allowed all this hoarding to happen. At level 7, you can’t join a guild, can’t raid, can’t get guild currency to buy new characters. Problem solved.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options

See, the probelm is hoarders really have to haord for a long time before they can enter with a significant advanatge. If they get say 5 shards of Han per raid, and they raid thrice a week, that will still take 10 weeks to unlock han. Maybe EXP can be added to daily energy collection and raids to stop this, but banning players from basically every single useful thing before level 28 is harsh.

Actually, now that i think of it, i kinda like my solution. Add EXP to raids, energy collection and daily logins.

Well this is like in Player Unknown's Battle Royale, that you get EXP in the first activity of the day that consists in login lol but is very low EXP only 10 EXP that is very low in that game, I don't think that login and get free energy deserve any experience.

Maybe you can prevent that they unlock Han Solo and General Kenobi, but you will not prevent that they get like 20.000 free energy before join in the server, that is enough to have a big advantage, and their Han Solo and General Kenobi will be 25% farmed so they will unlock them faster

It is much more easier simply put a storage limit of 400 energy and they will not be able to hoard energy, probably the devs can apply this limit in less than 1 hour of work.

• Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Hahaha, what a nonsense thread. You already prefaced it saying that it’s legal since no rules were broken but you keep calling them cheaters and asking for bans? You should be banned for bringing your knowledge and expertise of this game to a new server because that’s an unfair advantage. (See what I did there?)

You can only buy energy up to 999+120 so I don’t know what you’re saying about buying cheap energy refreshes daily.

First Chromium is always a LS character so there’s no possibility of getting Sion. Wedge is not inside the pool either. So you’re still not making sense.

Creating new throwaway accounts fill up the Leaderboard faster which dilutes the competition and reduces the amount of lead time the first few players had on joining the Leaderboard.

Whales don’t care about this slight advantage since they’ll just spend like whales do and catch up in no time. Heck, whales would probably spend even more than they would have had just to get further along than said hoarders, promoting more sales and $$$ for the game.

And last but not least, I’m only actively playing my 1 main account from 2016, so I honestly shouldn’t care, but your accusatory tone combined with misconceptions is forcing me to respond. And you know what’s the simplest solution? Revert the change of entering the Arena Leaderboard at level 28 to level 8. Developers themselves introduced this change which allowed all this hoarding to happen. At level 7, you can’t join a guild, can’t raid, can’t get guild currency to buy new characters. Problem solved.

Well must not be legal apply this exploit and must be considered as cheating and people who do it be banned. Is like if you start a tennis match with 0-6 0-3 lol maybe you win 7-6 6-3 at the end but is not fair, the best is start at 0-0 as everyone.

The knowledge that I have everyone can get it watching videos on YouTube you can get all the same knowledge, but watching videos on YouTube you cannot get free energy and free characters lol

Maybe first chromium card is LS but you get more crystals thanks to daily login is 500 crsstals and if you do some activities is more so you can try 3 times with the same account to get the character that you want, and anyway to have characters like Chirrut from the beginning is a big advantage. With some luck you can get Chirrut and Nest from the beginning or Chirrut and Wedge.

About buy energy 999+120 I not checked it but anyway if once you have 1000 energy is not possible buy more refreshes still is a big advantage if you can get the free energy, so this limit only would be useful if is applied with the free energy also, not only purchases.

I know that whales that spend 1000, 2000, 5000 dollars in mobile games don't care about this exploit because they will pass the cheaters very soon, but this game is not made for whales, most of money that CG win is thanks to little purchases of 5, 10 or 20 dollars, and this is not enough money to get the same advantage than a guy that has 27 raids played, 28.000 guild currency, 20.000 extra energy that allowed him get 15 levels more than the rest, 55 instead of 40, and farm gears to have all characters gear 7 when rest of server is gear 5, will all abilities maxed at that level, to get it with crystals you need spend 200 dollars or more, maybe near to 500, so is not fair allow people get the same advantage for free than a guy that spend 200-500 dollars, is not fair for F2P players and neither for P2P players.

About join in the arena at level 8 is another good solution that solve all problems directly and probably easier to apply, I have added it in the first message as first solution =)

Post edited by Quim on
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    I have added a video about a guy showing his hoarding lol

https://youtu.be/Y4f-DLLLLkg