Inferno Squad

wqnxy
22 posts Member
edited July 2018
Just finished the walkthought of the Battlefront2 campaign and wonder why did CG/EA moved past such a cool cahracters like Iden/Del/Dio (aka ED10) and maybe Hask/Seyn. All of those got ships aswell + fleet (well, more like command ship aka 'Corvus'). Could be kinda great to see some empire version of PS 1.1 =]

Replies

• Options
    I would've thought they would use them too. Maybe soon* ;)

Side note, PS4 version of BF2 is $20 and the Xbox 1 version of the same game is $40 at walmart. What is up with that?
  • Options
    I'd only want them for the purpose of making Imperial Troopers better. So I will most certainly not complain if they're added
  • Options
    smninja73 wrote: »
    I'd only want them for the purpose of making Imperial Troopers better. So I will most certainly not complain if they're added

Unless they're added under the rebel faction...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    No idea why they did not capitalize on this.

However, BF2 has huge issues upon release (re: loot crate designs) which affected the launch sales huge and stock plummeted on the game - shareholders were seriously peeved - this issue has still not been properly corrected.

Then there were the issues with some fans being annoyed that they got Iden Version - another female lead in Star Wars, after Rey and Jynn Erso.

However, all the more reason for them to be promoted in this game and help the market of BF2 after such a catastrophe.

I for one was looking forward to those characters being in this game, and surprised that they are not...yet.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

"Nooooooooooooooooo!" - quote Darth Vader

The last thing this game needs is more Rebels, where's the Empire love????
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »

There is some, empire is a big faction, more than NS or bounty hunters. As for charcters, poor reception and loot boxes are more likely the cause. Doesn't matter what gender the lead character is.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

There is some, empire is a big faction, more than NS or bounty hunters. As for charcters, poor reception and loot boxes are more likely the cause. Doesn't matter what gender the lead character is.

I really cannot get into this in too much detail - I keep getting warned about it.

Gender, unfortunately is a thing. Star Wars is a predominantly male-based franchise, not saying there is not a ton of female fans - there are, but the franchise is male dominant.

Then you take the video game industry - again predominantly male, I'm not saying there is not a ton of females that enjoy video games - there are, but the industry is male dominant.

So for a star wars game, the fans/gamers are even more so male dominant, again not saying there are not a ton of female fans/gamers of BF2 - there are, just that it is moreso male dominant.

That did spark upset in the game community with the release of Iden Versio being the single player hero, especially after Rey and Jyn Erso in the recent movies.

Many of the male gamers were upset that they had a character they could not relate to.

Let me be clear - this is not me. I actualy very much enjoyed the BF2 single player campaign - and I like Iden Versio. It did not bother me one bit she was a she instead of a he.

Again, I am shocked she is not in this game! - Hopefully that will be corrected.

Just because do not argree with the gender issue of Iden pointed out above, does not mean I am blind to it either - Like I say, I do not agree with it in any way shape or form.

Now in regard to Empire, there are countless more Rebel toons in this game compared to Empire - these are meant to be 2 sides of equal factions.

You cannot compare Empire to factions such as Bounty Hunters or Nightsisters - they are minor factions in comparison - very much apples to oranges.

However, I am not saying this game does not need more Nightsister or Bounty Hunter characters either - the more the merrier!

I would love to see toons such as the nightsister assassin who is invisible armed with blue/green lightsabers faking a Jedi assassination attempt with Ventress against Dooku.

I'd also love other toons like Aura Sing or Embo for Bounty Hunters.

But in compared to Rebels in this game - Empire needs some lovin.
  • wqnxy
    22 posts Member
    Options

Rebel faction (31) is not that much smaller than Empire one (18) tbh, but i must agree that having some different version of ITF could be more funny that having another 3-4 different xWings (which we have quite a lot already - poe / biggs / wedge / resistance). O nthe other hand - id like to have some good light side fleet ship (Negotiator could be best option for me, but i doubt it gonna happen..).

• Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    wqnxy wrote: »

Rebel faction (31) is not that much smaller than Empire one (18) tbh, but i must agree that having some different version of ITF could be more funny that having another 3-4 different xWings (which we have quite a lot already - poe / biggs / wedge / resistance). O nthe other hand - id like to have some good light side fleet ship (Negotiator could be best option for me, but i doubt it gonna happen..).

I'd be willing to give up tusken raiders for more imperials.
  • Options

I really cannot get into this in too much detail - I keep getting warned about it.

Gender, unfortunately is a thing. Star Wars is a predominantly male-based franchise, not saying there is not a ton of female fans - there are, but the franchise is male dominant.

Then you take the video game industry - again predominantly male, I'm not saying there is not a ton of females that enjoy video games - there are, but the industry is male dominant.

So for a star wars game, the fans/gamers are even more so male dominant, again not saying there are not a ton of female fans/gamers of BF2 - there are, just that it is moreso male dominant.

That did spark upset in the game community with the release of Iden Versio being the single player hero, especially after Rey and Jyn Erso in the recent movies.

Many of the male gamers were upset that they had a character they could not relate to.

Let me be clear - this is not me. I actualy very much enjoyed the BF2 single player campaign - and I like Iden Versio. It did not bother me one bit she was a she instead of a he.

Again, I am shocked she is not in this game! - Hopefully that will be corrected.

Just because do not argree with the gender issue of Iden pointed out above, does not mean I am blind to it either - Like I say, I do not agree with it in any way shape or form.

Now in regard to Empire, there are countless more Rebel toons in this game compared to Empire - these are meant to be 2 sides of equal factions.

You cannot compare Empire to factions such as Bounty Hunters or Nightsisters - they are minor factions in comparison - very much apples to oranges.

However, I am not saying this game does not need more Nightsister or Bounty Hunter characters either - the more the merrier!

I would love to see toons such as the nightsister assassin who is invisible armed with blue/green lightsabers faking a Jedi assassination attempt with Ventress against Dooku.

I understand what you're saying about the demographic of Star Wars fans and gaming fans. However, I would contend that listing it as a reason for BF2 issues gives credence to the idea that this subset can influence game, movie, and/or content creators. Whether intentional or not, Star Wars has become a far more inclusive franchise and one that now appeals to a broader audience. If a subset, however small, objects... good riddance. The franchise will pick up far more fans than it loses. The bottom line is that misogynists can't move the needle enough to effect the revenues of BF2 in the same way loot boxes can and did. After all, it wasn't a post about having a woman lead that received the greatest number of downvotes in reddit history.

I also find the intentions of someone with your avatar posting about this topic deeply suspicious.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

I understand what you're saying about the demographic of Star Wars fans and gaming fans. However, I would contend that listing it as a reason for BF2 issues gives credence to the idea that this subset can influence game, movie, and/or content creators. Whether intentional or not, Star Wars has become a far more inclusive franchise and one that now appeals to a broader audience. If a subset, however small, objects... good riddance. The franchise will pick up far more fans than it loses. The bottom line is that misogynists can't move the needle enough to effect the revenues of BF2 in the same way loot boxes can and did. After all, it wasn't a post about having a woman lead that received the greatest number of downvotes in reddit history.

I also find the intentions of someone with your avatar posting about this topic deeply suspicious.

I am saying that BF2 received some backlash regarding their choice of a female lead for that game - again, I am not saying I agree with this, that is a fact. It also does not need to be a fact according to any kind of voting system on Reddit either, lol.

The fact that BF2 was not only a highly anticipated star wars game, it is also an EA game. As loot boxes do not speak to any particular character, it is logical to think that the apparent female lead upset had something to do with why those characters never saw the light of day in this game - which is of course another EA star wars game.

Logical marketing would suggest we saw some of those characters on here - as we did for TFA, TLJ, Solo, Rebels, The Clone Wars etc etc etc - why not BF2? Is there a problem with those characters?

What's wrong with my Avatar??? Carrie Fisher was a fun loving actress and that had a lot of fun on the star wars set - My Avatar shows that all this gender/sexist nonsense is nonsense according to Carrie Fisher - because that was who she was - she loved having fun and wasn't triggered over stupid modern day type politics. I look at Carrie Fisher and think that she was a breath of fresh air. I also like my Avatar because she has sadly passed on - she wont be remembered as Leia Poppins for me - but a kind, wonderful, full of energy and fun woman who had one of the most badass female roles in all of cinema history - Princess Leia!!! - yay Carrie!!!

If anything - that kinda goes to show I am all for female leads, lol
  • Options

I am saying that BF2 received some backlash regarding their choice of a female lead for that game - again, I am not saying I agree with this, that is a fact. It also does not need to be a fact according to any kind of voting system on Reddit either, lol.

The fact that BF2 was not only a highly anticipated star wars game, it is also an EA game. As loot boxes do not speak to any particular character, it is logical to think that the apparent female lead upset had something to do with why those characters never saw the light of day in this game - which is of course another EA star wars game.

Logical marketing would suggest we saw some of those characters on here - as we did for TFA, TLJ, Solo, Rebels, The Clone Wars etc etc etc - why not BF2? Is there a problem with those characters?

What's wrong with my Avatar??? Carrie Fisher was a fun loving actress and that had a lot of fun on the star wars set - My Avatar shows that all this gender/sexist nonsense is nonsense according to Carrie Fisher - because that was who she was - she loved having fun and wasn't triggered over **** modern day type politics. I look at Carrie Fisher and think that she was a breath of fresh air. I also like my Avatar because she has sadly passed on - she wont be remembered as Leia Poppins for me - but a kind, wonderful, full of energy and fun woman who had one of the most badass female roles in all of cinema history - Princess Leia!!! - yay Carrie!!!

If I have to explain what’s objectionable about your avatar, you’ll never be the type of person who is persuaded by evidence as to why it’s offensive. Hopefully you have life experiences that change your mind on your own.

There are a lot of ways to celebrate her as full of life without it being a picture of her being groped.
  • Options

What's wrong with my Avatar??? Carrie Fisher was a fun loving actress and that had a lot of fun on the star wars set - My Avatar shows that all this gender/sexist nonsense is nonsense according to Carrie Fisher - because that was who she was - she loved having fun and wasn't triggered over **** modern day type politics. I look at Carrie Fisher and think that she was a breath of fresh air. I also like my Avatar because she has sadly passed on - she wont be remembered as Leia Poppins for me - but a kind, wonderful, full of energy and fun woman who had one of the most badass female roles in all of cinema history - Princess Leia!!! - yay Carrie!!!

If I have to explain what’s objectionable about your avatar, you’ll never be the type of person who is persuaded by evidence as to why it’s offensive. Hopefully you have life experiences that change your mind on your own.

There are a lot of ways to celebrate her as full of life without it being a picture of her being groped.

If Carrie Fisher was fine with a joke picture when she took it then it's fine. Being offended on her behalf when she was totally fine with it is kind of backwards. I'd understand where you're coming from if Carrie Fisher herself was appalled or offended by Chewbacca's actions or at the photo's existence and you were saying "Dude, Carrie Fisher was very upset by that photo. You should change it." However, if you're offended by the picture then you're actually, in a way, mad at Carrie Fisher being cool with the photo and having fun in a way that you might consider offensive.

In short, being offended on someone else's behalf is always stupid in my book. I have brain cancer and I frequently have to tell people in real life it's okay to poke fun, make "brain damaged" jokes, or whatever. Some people might be offended by them but I find them funny if done well. People are too scared to laugh these days out of fear of being judged, and personally I just find it sad. If YOU are not personally offended, then don't be a Devil's Advocate and rile people up because "somebody might have been offended". Ask questions, sure, but don't villainize. If nobody has been hurt or offended then you're not defending anyone - you're just oppressing someone's right to speech and expression, which is just messed up - especially when Carrie Fisher was probably just goofing around and Boo was just trying to show his/her support.

(Then again, maybe the cancer nom'd on the part of my brain that cares about stuff like this, lol.)

PS: If you are personally offended, just simply state "I'm not comfortable with that picture, could you change it please?" Much simpler and more to the point.
  • Options
    Whatever gender the lead role takes DOESN'T matter. It's not like I am trying to date them. For once I would like to hear or read about the merits of the film/game on its own, without having people rant about stupid things. Saying that something is bad because of a female lead is as useless as people saying its good because I like it. At least give examples of in game/movie content that backs your point of view. Example being, I liked when the death star blew up, or I hated that Vader cut Luke's hand off #dadissuesconfirmed.
  • Options
    Ah thanks , i totally forgot about (the story mode of) that game.. i shall finish what i started
    And i do not understand either why we did not get any character from the inferno squad in galaxy of heroes. Iden would have been a great addition.
  • Options
    Ah thanks , i totally forgot about (the story mode of) that game.. i shall finish what i started
    And i do not understand either why we did not get any character from the inferno squad in galaxy of heroes. Iden would have been a great addition.

Just my opinion, but I think that the game suffered from loot boxes, the lack of content of the first one and seemed to have a poor reception for gamers. Maybe next year?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

If Carrie Fisher was fine with a joke picture when she took it then it's fine. Being offended on her behalf when she was totally fine with it is kind of backwards. I'd understand where you're coming from if Carrie Fisher herself was appalled or offended by Chewbacca's actions or at the photo's existence and you were saying "Dude, Carrie Fisher was very upset by that photo. You should change it." However, if you're offended by the picture then you're actually, in a way, mad at Carrie Fisher being cool with the photo and having fun in a way that you might consider offensive.

In short, being offended on someone else's behalf is always **** in my book. I have brain cancer and I frequently have to tell people in real life it's okay to poke fun, make "brain damaged" jokes, or whatever. Some people might be offended by them but I find them funny if done well. People are too scared to laugh these days out of fear of being judged, and personally I just find it sad. If YOU are not personally offended, then don't be a Devil's Advocate and rile people up because "somebody might have been offended". Ask questions, sure, but don't villainize. If nobody has been hurt or offended then you're not defending anyone - you're just oppressing someone's right to speech and expression, which is just messed up - especially when Carrie Fisher was probably just goofing around and Boo was just trying to show his/her support.

(Then again, maybe the cancer nom'd on the part of my brain that cares about stuff like this, lol.)

PS: If you are personally offended, just simply state "I'm not comfortable with that picture, could you change it please?" Much simpler and more to the point.
    You don’t know the context of that photo. Maybe it was Carrie’s idea maybe it wasn’t. She was “fine” with the bikini in episode 6 but I still find it offensive, objectifying, and a huge detriment to her character.
  • Options
    "I'm offended that you aren't offended about what I'm offended about!"

"Yeah, well, I'm offended that you're offended about what I'm not offended about!"

In the end nobody cares and it really doesn't matter. Far more important things to concern ourselves with, like stun gun acquisition, muh zetas and stuff like that.

Starting to think Thanos has a solid case.......though TBH I always did before he thought of it.

With regards to BF 2 it was mostly the lootboxes that did for that. EA only had to do one thing really, put BF 2 Classic in with a shiny new coat of paint and it would have been awesome.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options

In short, being offended on someone else's behalf is always **** in my book. I have brain cancer and I frequently have to tell people in real life it's okay to poke fun, make "brain damaged" jokes, or whatever. Some people might be offended by them but I find them funny if done well. People are too scared to laugh these days out of fear of being judged, and personally I just find it sad. If YOU are not personally offended, then don't be a Devil's Advocate and rile people up because "somebody might have been offended". Ask questions, sure, but don't villainize. If nobody has been hurt or offended then you're not defending anyone - you're just oppressing someone's right to speech and expression, which is just messed up - especially when Carrie Fisher was probably just goofing around and Boo was just trying to show his/her support.

Yeah. I'm sure she used to walk around saying "I don't care if you grab me." Right... I'm sure you're also fine with it when someone randomly cups your genitallia during a picture! Comparing someone to being groped to "I'm ok if people make jokes about brain damage" is so preposterous I don't think you'll ever understand the issue.

Best wishes on your recovery. <- not sarcasm
  • Options
    In the end nobody cares and it really doesn't matter.

Says the boy.

Father of 2 girls here. No one touches my daughters without their consent. I don't care if she pretends to be "ok" with it to take back the power that is stolen when someone grabs her.

• Options
    To get back on topic, Inferno Squad would make a good addition to SWGOH. I hope that they all will be imperials though, but doubt it since two of the main characters aren't imperials for long in the game.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

My point was she allowed Peter Mayhew to grope her in the picture - it was a goofy photo, because that's what she was like - she just had fun and didn't care what other people thought.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

You don’t know the context of that photo. Maybe it was Carrie’s idea maybe it wasn’t. She was “fine” with the bikini in episode 6 but I still find it offensive, objectifying, and a huge detriment to her character.

You are kidding - you have to be.
  • Options

Says the boy.

Father of 2 girls here. No one touches my daughters without their consent. I don't care if she pretends to be "ok" with it to take back the power that is stolen when someone grabs her.

Ah yes, the consent thing. Women have groped/grabbed/prodded me on occasion without my express say so on many occasions. That does include a squeeze of my hindquarters by women I have given no encouragement to, or shined on in any way.

I didn't much care as in the long run, it doesn't matter.

Not so much these days as I'm old and cranky, and my tolerance for other people has eroded as has my patience. They'd get punched, hard as I'm a firm believer in equality.

When it comes down to the whole "gender issues" argument there seems to be a large double standard as what happens when a man gets abused by his significant other, or is sexually harassed? nearly all the women laugh at them and such claims are dismissed as nonsense.

While there certainly are women who have a case there's a significant amount of men who also have a case. Women are not delicate little snowflakes that need protecting, they're just different to men.

In any case this is waaaaay off topic, so this will be my last post on the matter.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options

Says the boy.

Ah yes, the consent thing. Women have groped/grabbed/prodded me on occasion without my express say so on many occasions. That does include a squeeze of my hindquarters by women I have given no encouragement to, or shined on in any way.

Not so much these days as I'm old and cranky, and my tolerance for other people has eroded as has my patience. They'd get punched, hard as I'm a firm believer in equality.

When it comes down to the whole "gender issues" argument there seems to be a large double standard as what happens when a man gets abused by his significant other, or is sexually harassed? nearly all the women laugh at them and such claims are dismissed as nonsense.

While there certainly are women who have a case there's a significant amount of men who also have a case. Women are not delicate little snowflakes that need protecting, they're just different to men.

In any case this is waaaaay off topic, so this will be my last post on the matter.

Occasionally on occasion on many occasions? Right..... And now you would punch them, because that's equal? I think someone missed the point here.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

Says the boy.

A classic case of “Why should other people be bothered by things that don’t bother me?” Boy, do I love victim blaming.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I think we are getting very far from the topic at hand - this is a conversation about Inferno Squad.

My Avatar pic is not the topic of this thread and is breaking no rules of this forum. If yiou ar offended - tough, cover your eyes when looking at a Princess choosing to let a Wookie grab her for humorous candid camera sake.

Many thanks

Boo
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    "I'm offended that you aren't offended about what I'm offended about!"

"Yeah, well, I'm offended that you're offended about what I'm not offended about!"

In the end nobody cares and it really doesn't matter. Far more important things to concern ourselves with, like stun gun acquisition, muh zetas and stuff like that.

Starting to think Thanos has a solid case.......though TBH I always did before he thought of it.

With regards to BF 2 it was mostly the lootboxes that did for that. EA only had to do one thing really, put BF 2 Classic in with a shiny new coat of paint and it would have been awesome.

100% agree on that - how come xbox old version of BF2 did it so right - and now with the technology and graphics etc we have today, it was done so wrong - that does not make any sense to me at all.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    8fz8plvjdfip.jpg

This was Carrie on set - this was her personality. I think this stupid argument can be put to rest.

As for Jabba - this photo makes it clear yet again. By putting her into that bikini it further symbolized of the kind of fat disgusting slob of a creature he was meant to be.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    As the thread has wandered into the realm of social and political issues (gender discussion and so on) I'm closing it down. Reminder the SWGOH forums aren't the avenue for this discussion, this kind of conversation isn't in line with our forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.