Magmatrooper Vs Snowtrooper

Both have the good qualities but I only have room for one of them. Right now they are both great 10 and 7stars. I'm looking for any and all information and thoughts on who's the best toon for Imperial Troopers team.
I don't think I will be using this team in PVP but I will be using it in all other areas of the game.

Replies

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Snow, beyond any doubts
  • MoKymic
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Snowtrooper packs a massive punch, he should be in any imperial team
    The ideal team would be zVeers (L), Starck, DeathTrooper, ShoreTrooper, SnowTrooper.. Range Trooper may throw abit of variation into that mix once he is farmable, but for now that is the go-to all-imperial trooper team
  • Options
    Magma is awesome; but Snow is absolutely REQUIRED to make Troopers a Troopers squad. It’s his unique (along with Zeta Veers unique) that grants them TM on kills.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Snow is more versatile (and at points required)
  • Options
    There’s literally no contest. Snowtrooper hits like a freight train. Before Starck came out you could decide between storm and magma, but not now. My snowtrooper crits on his aoe for at least 30k, over and over and over.
  • Options
    He's number 3 in most likely to drop from bronzium packs is Snowy (Ewok scout and Teebo are holding on to 1 and 2).

So this thread is good news. Once I get done with KRU and his ship he'll be my next farm.

I kinda get bogged down buying gear so Starck may take a while.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Snow hits like a truck
    Magma takes away turn meter
    Take your pick
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    He's number 3 in most likely to drop from bronzium packs is Snowy (Ewok scout and Teebo are holding on to 1 and 2).

So this thread is good news. Once I get done with KRU and his ship he'll be my next farm.

I kinda get bogged down buying gear so Starck may take a while.

Lol.... I would have put RG at number one....
  • Options
    Snow rules, Magma drools. Snow is OT, and an every-turn AOE crit machine with squad-wide TM bonuses. Magma is a freshly-minted wanna-be cadet next to the battle-tempered veteran greatness of Snowtrooper. Snowtrooper is the Bill Duke's Mac next to Magmatrooper Jesse Ventura's Blaine. With Snow on your side, you are an unstoppable Juggernaut; with Magma, you are a week-old cream puff smeared across a steamy summertime Houston sidewalk.

I vote Snow.
    M5A8TiQ.gif
  • Options
    Thanks guys I was lean ing toward Snowtrooper for all the reasons mentioned above I just wanted to make sure I was correct.
  • Options
    Snow is the man

Magma is a gear horse
  • Options
    Snow is good but Magma is good too. I run nothing but Empire I got number 1 in Fleet Arena and Sqaud Arena.
  • Options
    5zg6ommp2m6f.png
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    zVeers(L), Starck, Snow, Range, Storm

I know, I know...where's DT, where's Shore ?

I have them both g12 w/ 3 pieces but dont use them. Here's why...

1st off, the prot regen w/ zVeers is good enough, seldom do my troopers get into their health at all. The added defense from Storm's unique (that can't be removed like crit immunity can) helps that along quite a bit. Storm hits harder, when he crits, than Shore could ever hope to, but it's his expose on a non-crit and his boost to the team's defense that really shines.

DT is great once u get a kill, but u need a kill 1st. W/ Range Trooper, I dont need to remove their buffs, their taunt...just gun them down. It's nuts really how much damage he adds w/ assists and retribution.

Plus, my zDT likes his buddy DK under a zzThrawn lead. Shore is happier w/ them. They need him more.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Agree - Range makes the team way better because they dont need a kill to kickstart them. Can put shore on another team.
  • Options
    ShannonP35 wrote: »
    5zg6ommp2m6f.png

"Nothing but Empire" -> runs Biggs. Fraud! ;)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299