Newbie - yet another can I get Thrawn question

Hi everyone. New player (just started at the beginning of June and am totally hooked!), and I've been lurking on these forums but this is my very first post.

I have just managed a few days ago to unlock 6* Palpatine, and today I unlocked 5* Thrawn with my Phoenix team:

Zeb 7* G7.3 (3 out of 6 towards G8)
Hera 6* G8.0
Ezra 6* G7.5
Kanan 6* G7.4
Chopper 6* G7.0

Total Power about 37.5k

Link here: https://swgoh.gg/u/tylerdurden2/squads/103294/

So, unlocking Thrawn at 5* was not too difficult for this team, but I'm getting my **** absolutely handed to me attempting at 6*.

I'm at a disadvantage as I'm only at player level 67, therefore I don't have access to the higher level gear challenges which severely limits my ability to get Ezra & Chopper to G8 (I don't have access to MkVI Chiewab Syringe Salvage and they each need 50 of them), though I could get Kanan & Zeb to G8 within the next 6 days.

In addition, I potentially could get Ezra to 7* within the next few days (currently at 41/100 shards), however, I think my biggest issue is my Mods suck, so cantina energy might be better spent farming mods.

So my question(s) are this:
- Do I have any chance whatsoever to 6* Thrawn given that I'm at player level 67, or should I just be happy with 5* and start devoting my limited resources to rounding out my Empire team (getting FTP and Tarkin to 6*?
- And if so, what can I reasonably do over the next 6 days to improve this Phoenix team enough to 6* Thrawn?

Thanks for the help in advance guys!

Replies

• Options
    Mods, definitely mods.

I didn't find 6* especially difficult but I'm level 80 now with 5 dot mods across the board and some lovely Omegas.

As I'm sure you've noticed your opposition isn't exactly slow which means you can't afford to be either. So yeah, maybe spend the next few days farming whatever 5 dot mods you can though those are expensive.

TBH though, I recall income not being overly forthcoming at that level (it gets worse btw). I'd settle for 5* for now. I'd not worry about 6* too much. Starring isn't a HUGE deal compared to gear and mods.

Thrawn however he comes isn't exactly terrible and you'll still get some good work out of him once he's tooled up. Game is set up so you won't necessarily be able to get all the things first time through.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • uhdea
    49 posts Member
    Options
    you should be able to do it at that level, thrawn isn't like palp you can't just power through it by sheer force.
    a few things that will help will be mods with speed, getting your abiliites as high as you can, and the right strategy:
    first 3 phases you should only use normal attacks to built up offense bonuses and keep your abilities ready gong into phase 4. rng also plays a role as you will want either chopper or ezra with 90% TM to debuff ST immediately and kanan with 90% to taunt immediately to soak up that fracture.
    I found it works best to focus on thrawn when fracture is not up, use hera and ezra to get in extra attacks by zeb to keep him stunned and force him to waste turns on getting rid of debuffs. when fracture is up take out those death troopers, then the commanders, then ST. I just finished it on 7* using this strategy. ended up killing both of the death troopers (one committed suicide by AOE) first and had thrawn's protection down, then switched hera's assist to ezra and powered thrawn down quick. Lost kanan during the fight (irony), but it was a relatively easy and controlled battle.