Lvl 77, Beat 7* Thrawn First Try

adabji
6 posts Member
edited July 2018
I am lvl 77 and everyone told me that it was almost impossible to beat thrawn without the omegas on the uniques. I wanted to share what I had, so others similar lvl to me can compare.
NOTE: Just because I beat it first try, doesn't mean you will. It is alot of RNG, but def doable
Ezra (g9 want to have): I had all abilities lvl 7, and put an omega on his basic (will help with damage). 16k health, 20k prot on him. Had 218 (+87) speed on him, using my best speed mods. My main damage dealer, Put health sets x6 on him. 13k GP
Chopper (g9 Want to have) : Just get him to g9, he will survive so much longer, its not even that hard compared to the rest of them. All abilites lvl 7, omega on basic (could have done without). I put health x4 and defense x2 on him(had defense speed arrow) 15k health, 17.7k prot, 214 speed(+62). A speed arrow and decent secondaries can get his speed there 13k GP
Zeb (g9, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED): All abilities lvl 7, omega on basic(helpful for damage). You want to have him at g9 because then you can get two pieces of gear that give him +18% potency. I had 22k health, 20.5k prot, 176(+61) speed, and 75% potency (VERY helpful). I had health x4, potentcy x2(from palp mythic) on him, the potency was key on zeb. Make sure you have at least 50% on him, and the g9 will make A TON of a difference. His stuns were HUGE when stunning the DT's and thrawn. Although he is hard to get to g9, its totally worth it. 13k GP
Hera: (g9, could have done without): I honestly could have had hera at g8 and I would have still beat it. All abilities at lvl 7, no omegas. 18.5k health, 12.8k prot, 177 speed, 40% potency.Health x6 on her, get a potency cross on her so she lands more exposes, and the speed is good to get backup plan going. 13k GP
Kanan(g8, g9 would have been good): I would have loved to get him to g9 in time, but its hard. I did it with g8. All abilities lvl 7, basic omega(def not needed). 22k health, 15.3k prot, 100 speed 49% potency. Health x6 on him, 12.5 GP (more on kanan later)
How the Battle played out:
P1 & P2: Cleared with mostly full prot
P3: Everyone had about full prot but hera, who was at about 60-65%
P4: I first dispelled the taunt with chopper, then dispelled the first DT's buff. I then staggered the other DT with zeb, removing the buff, and taunted and hit the staggered DT with Kanan. He got kung fu'ed by Thrawn, and got killed before I got to put backup plan on him. That was a rough start, but I was able to remove the DT's buffs. That was key to letting everyone survive. NOTE: Kanan survived long enough to let them counter the DT's AOE, so that was helpful. The ST taunted again but I had flourish ready.
I then killed the DT's with zebs prot mostly gone, and everyone else at 50%. Chopper then got fractured. I threw backup plan on him, and then started to work on stormtrooper. That was a mistake. I had him pretty low then the commanders healed, and thrawn gave prot.
I then Killed commanders, zeb had no prot, full health, everyone else had 25% prot. That part was just getting ezra as many turns as possible.
I then had a 4v1 against Thrawn. Zeb got fractured twice and killed, and I used a revive on chopper, but I beat it by calling hera for expose, and zebs daze was great(before he was fractured) to prevent his bonus turn meter and counter. Ended battle with hera at full health, ezra at full health and a bit of prot, and half health for chopper.
Key points to my strategy:
After Kanan Died, I tried to get as much retribution as I could from Zeb
Get Zebs potency up as much as you can, but try to get a speed arrow
Give Hera a potency cross
Get Zeb to g9
Clear DT's buffs
Kill Order: DT's, ST Commanders, ST, Thrawn
Call hera with ezra to get as much turn meter on him as you can
Use backup plan as much as you can
Stagger and daze are great!

Hope this helps everyone, go get your 7* Thrawn!
EDIT: Here is my swgoh.gg if anyone wants to see my team
https://swgoh.gg/u/adabji/collection/?f=phoenix
Post edited by adabji on

Replies

• Options
    Congrats @adabji! That's great news. If you have a minute or two, can you let me know if you have any suggestions for moving around my mods (https://swgoh.gg/u/mightyrevan/collection/?f=phoenix)? I'm a little more than halfway to level 74, which would bring Ezra to Gear 9. I'm also one gear slot away from moving Hera to Gear 9 as well (depending on whether raid gear helps) and Chopper may make it to Gear 9 by the end of the event. However, I doubt that I can reach level 76 in time to unlock level 8 of the basics so I would be relying heavily on RNG and any mod help.
  • Options
    @MightyRevan3994
    1. I would try to get all your mods up to lvl 15
    2. Are all your mods equipped on characters? See if you have any more potency crosses for hera and kanan
    3. If you could get a bit more speed on everyone that would help you out.
    4. I would replace kanans triangle with a protection mod
    5. Other than that just do your best.
    Good Luck, let me know how it goes
  • Options
    Thanks @adabji. I'll try that approach.
  • Options
    Kung fu'ed... outstanding :D
  • Options
    This event can be beaten in your sleep it’s so easy