Palpatine Unique / Traya Lead Max Health Dmg working properly?

Flakingcorn
14 posts Member
edited July 2018
Palpatine unique and Traya lead both deals max health dmg each turn.
With GMY taking so many turns (and also called in as assist and occassionally counter under Bastila lead), why is his health/ protection not draining away quickly?

At the very least, I was expecting the 200% purple protection up to be gone by at least half, assuming GMY took 3 turns and 1 assist. 20%+20%+20%+35%= 95% health on the opening.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    Assists / counters do not count as a turn as far as I know
  • Options
    GMY 1st turn use special -20%
    GMY follow up immediately with basic -20%
    Ezra calls GMY for assist -35%
    GMY gains enough turn meter for another turn -20%
  • Options
    Damage equal to 95% of a characters health won't even get through their regular protection, much less 200% bonus protection. My GMY has 16,204 health and 19026 protection. 20% health damage is 3,241, times 3 is 9,723. 35% is 5,672, for a total damage count of 15,395. I'd still have 809 protection left, even without the bonus protection. With the bonus, I'd still be at 36,039 protection (assuming I did that math right).
  • Options
    200% purple protection is calculated from base health. and if 95% max health dmg is inflicted, you would expect half the purple protection to be gone.
  • Options
    200% purple protection is calculated from base health. and if 95% max health dmg is inflicted, you would expect half the purple protection to be gone.

How can you tell it's not?
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    If Yoda uses his special, he is giving himself additional protection up beyond Bastila's as well. So he would have 135% worth still in your scenario.

There may be other things going on too; how much natural protection they have left can influence how the purple bar looks, so protection restore from Hermit can affect that, etc.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    67.5% of the total bonus protection remaining if he used his special.
    Half of the protection bar should be roughly what the bonus protection occupies.
    ,5 * .675 + .5 = .8375 so it should look like his protection bar is roughly 83.75% full after that.