Can’t figure out where I’m going wrong

Long time reader first time poster,
I’ve ran through the event at least 30 times now(7*) switching my mods around etc I have an understanding that it’s partly rng dependant but I’m getting completely slaughtered every time. I can’t get my toons to gear 9 as the raid gear isn’t coming in frequent enough for me, does anyone have any recommendations or instructions for what I should do? Thankyou <3
https://swgoh.gg/u/morienus/squads/102824/

Replies

• jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, a few things,

1. Level 85
    2. More speed
    3. Theres a kill order you should follow for the last stage, post a pic of 5he enemies and ill tell you. Its been so long that ive forgotten.
    4. Use Chopper. Dont see the droid there but its debuff and taunt are necessary.
    5. You shouldnt need to do this but if all else fails put a zeta on Kanan.
    6. You already know about the gear
    7. Lastly try to l8ne up your toons TM as close to 100% as you can before the final encounter of the battle
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    chopper + speed.... potency on zeb and all uniques omega'd
    read through the other guides on here for more tips though
    and mostly as above poster says
  • Options
    I understand the kill order, unfortunately I don’t have chopper 7* yet but I can still dispel the death troopers with Sabine, I’ve been doing basically this whole list so I think it really comes down to my mods. I don’t have great mods by any means and I don’t know what I need to put where :(
  • Options
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    chopper + speed.... potency on zeb and all uniques omega'd
    read through the other guides on here for more tips though
    and mostly as above poster says

Yeah I don’t have chopper at 7* yet unfortunately :/
  • Options
    Do you guys think I could change anything. With my mods? https://swgoh.gg/u/morienus/mods/
  • Options
    Chopper is key mainly because of his omega unique. That and his dispel can remove TM as well as giving him protection. That little droid is under-appreciated.

I can't beat 7 mainly due to that. Can't afford to raise new mods up either.

Apparently you need tons of protection on everybody as well as speed, and you want Kanan to take fractures.

Sadly in my case they prefer Zeb dies first which hoses me if I can get down to the man himself as I can't lock him down. Not that stun sticks often anyway even with 65% potency. Which means fracture basically outright murders everybody not to mention Thrawn has one of the highest damage basics in the game.

I'll do it the easy way in a few months time instead. They'll all be minimum g10 by that point hopefully and I'll have access to choppers unique.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    Boba, Zam, Greedo, First order executioner, and Phasma all have mods with speed secondaries on them that should be leveled up and then placed on your Phoenix team. Arrow mods is where you get your biggest speed boost because its a primary there.

A word of advice: set bonuses dont matter. Use what has speed secondaries. Stop leveling up mods that dont have any speed secondaries.

That should help but i doubt you still clear it. Focus on using your crystals for gear purchases from the shop. That will help you get over the g8 wall a little quicker. I beat it with omegaed abilities and a g8 team, except Ezra who was g10. Focus on building him up as you work on chopper
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    You can keep trying the event this time around. I doubt you’ll clear it but stranger things have happened. At least you’ll know the mechanics for next time.

You need gear and better mods. Way better mods.

At lower levels, set bonuses don’t matter as much, as has been stated. However, once you have more and better mods, start putting set bonuses on your toons. It really does help overall. You want to make Hera and Ezra as fast as they can go. Over 200 would be nice. In addition, load them all up with flat health and protection. None of that %health or protection stuff. I prioritized protection over health if I had to choose.

As far as gear goes, I think I had Ezra at g11, Hera and chopper at g10, and Kanan and Zeb at g8.

Obviously use zeb to stun as many as you can or at least daze them. Since Kanan was only g8 I did not want many attacks going to him and I used backup plan on him whenever I thought I needed to. His unique is pretty crucial to the event.

Even with some pretty decent mods, I still had to wait for rng to go my way. Keep working on Phoenix. You can get there next time.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    The event is much harder if you use sabine instead of Chopper.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Warrior used sabine and had much higher gear levels than you but he still had a lot of trouble with the event.
  • Options
    Alright thanks guys looks like I’ll be waiting a couple months unless I can farm chopper quick enough
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    Options
    I think you can manage it if you are really dedicated and sit down for an hour for a perfect RNG. I made a guide about a year ago detailing a last resort strategy, hope it helps!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/138250/last-resort-strategy-for-thrawn-7-update-mythic-tier#latest

It does take hundreds of tries, Good luck!