Should Visas get the Jedi and Old Republic Tag?

AndySCovell
770 posts Member
edited July 2018
What do you guys think?

Replies

• Paladin033112
    312 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I think it will happen. The Old Republic tag was given to ships and we are getting a sith fighter that will belong to Sith Assassin. So if the sith fighter will be getting the Old Republic tag, there is no reason Sith Assassin would not get the tag as well. And if she gets the tag, then no doubt Sith Trooper, Nihilus, Sion, Traya, Visas, and HK will get the tag as well. I also believe this could be Revan's duel light and dark side purpose when they do finally release him. He will be a leader that will provide synergy to Old Republic characters which would be both light side and dark.
    Just my theory and opinion though!

*Edit: As far as the Jedi tag for Visas, I don't think that will happen. But that can be good too, as anti-Jedi abilities cannot affect her.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi?

No. Visas was not a part of the Jedi order during the bulk of the events of the game. And unlike Jolee, it's not a defining part of her identity.

Old Republic?

Maybe, but given the tag doesn't actually do anything at the moment, I wouldn't worry about that yet.
    Still not a he.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Options
    I also agree with no to Jedi and yes to Old Republic.
  • Options
    No to Jedi.

For the current Visas in-game, yes to Old Republic. They could add the version where she was Darth Nihilus apprentice, then that one would be Sith Empire.

People who use the light side of the force aren’t always Jedi. Just like people that use the dark side of the force aren’t always Sith. The Jedi Order is a peacekeeping organization. You think that every single practitioner of the light side of the force always joins the Jedi or every single practitioner of the dark side always joins the Sith? Nope.

Calling Jolee a “Jedi” is a far stretch as well. Even when he was a Padawan he defied the Jedi Order’s teachings. He often did things the way he wanted to and what he thought was right instead of following the Jedi way. He even took an apprentice in his wife, who fell to the dark side and he had to duel her but he couldn’t bring himself to kill her. She went on to kill many other Jedi before she was defeated, which all could have been avoided the first time if Jolee had listened to the council, and could have been avoided a second time if he had slain her.

Ultimately, he considered himself a failure, exiling himself to Kashyyk and even did some smuggling, something a true Jedi wouldn’t do. Now if he was a Padawan doing all what he did, I could understand calling him a Jedi because he was still in the process of learning. But Jolee is an old man with a lot of wisdom and experience that still doesn’t follow the Jedi way, so why should he be considered a Jedi?
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I think it will happen. The Old Republic tag was given to ships and we are getting a sith fighter that will belong to Sith Assassin. So if the sith fighter will be getting the Old Republic tag, there is no reason Sith Assassin would not get the tag as well. And if she gets the tag, then no doubt Sith Trooper, Nihilus, Sion, Traya, Visas, and HK will get the tag as well. I also believe this could be Revan's duel light and dark side purpose when they do finally release him. He will be a leader that will provide synergy to Old Republic characters which would be both light side and dark.
    Just my theory and opinion though!

*Edit: As far as the Jedi tag for Visas, I don't think that will happen. But that can be good too, as anti-Jedi abilities cannot affect her.

Very very good assupmtion! I totally agree with you.
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Arbitrator wrote: »
    No to Jedi.

For the current Visas in-game, yes to Old Republic. They could add the version where she was Darth Nihilus apprentice, then that one would be Sith Empire.

People who use the light side of the force aren’t always Jedi. Just like people that use the dark side of the force aren’t always Sith. The Jedi Order is a peacekeeping organization. You think that every single practitioner of the light side of the force always joins the Jedi or every single practitioner of the dark side always joins the Sith? Nope.

Calling Jolee a “Jedi” is a far stretch as well. Even when he was a Padawan he defied the Jedi Order’s teachings. He often did things the way he wanted to and what he thought was right instead of following the Jedi way. He even took an apprentice in his wife, who fell to the dark side and he had to duel her but he couldn’t bring himself to kill her. She went on to kill many other Jedi before she was defeated, which all could have been avoided the first time if Jolee had listened to the council, and could have been avoided a second time if he had slain her.

Ultimately, he considered himself a failure, exiling himself to Kashyyk and even did some smuggling, something a true Jedi wouldn’t do. Now if he was a Padawan doing all what he did, I could understand calling him a Jedi because he was still in the process of learning. But Jolee is an old man with a lot of wisdom and experience that still doesn’t follow the Jedi way, so why should he be considered a Jedi?

She indeed is a Jedi or at least became one. She becomes the apprentice of Meetra Surik (The Jedi that defeated her but giving her mercy) and is beeing trained in the ways of the Jedi by her. Also it is said and suggested, that she has been one of the few rebuilding the Jedi Order after winning against her former master Nihilus.