Nute Gunray or Greedo

Vyse
111 posts Member
In a few days I will have maxed out Eeth Koth( was mining him for Yoda event when it comes back). I already have 7 star Sidious, so I was contemplating who to go for next.

From what I've read, we have a scoundrel event coming next. So I'd like to hear some opinions on who is better?

Greedo or Gunray?

Replies

• Options
    I was wondering the same earlier, but if they do the scoundrel event the same as the jedi, we'll need both anyway.
  • Vyse
    111 posts Member
    Options
    True, but I already have Lando, mob enforcer, Chewbacca, and bobba fett..... So I needed a 5th one to use and was wondering which one was a better investment.
  • Options
    Yeah, I had a short-bus moment. I was thinking we needed 7.
    Why? No frigging clue. LoL
    I guess the question remains open for us both then. ;)
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I can only speculate, as the only contact I've had with Greedo was as an ally, but I was shocked to see the insane amounts of dmg he was doing (my chars were dealing 2-3k dmg, he fired his blaster for 5+k every time). If I wasn't busy with other characters, I would definitely get him. And I'm planning to as soon as I can.
  • Options
    Get Greedo first, then Nute. They both hit hard and use crits very well, but Greedo is better to get first. It's awesome when he crits and attacks again and crits, takes out lots of characters.
  • Options
    Having both 7⭐ either are nice additions. I worked on Greedo first and then Nute. Both hit hard and can crit quite often. While I went with Greedo first and at the time was a correct choice, with the nerf on health and his buff on speed, I feel both are now almost on an equal footing. I would still go with Greedo first but if you have any thoughts about a stealth team then Nute is your man. Both have merits Greedos bonus attack on crit and Nutes stealth. And a gut feeling is Thermal Detonator will be reworked to correspond with the Scoundrel event. Also of note the two together make a nice team, in my squad they almost always go Nute then Greedo, deadly.
  • Options
    I love my Greedo! Highly recommended. Sid leader he crits and bonus attacks all the time. Also he was nerfed because of "something Devs aren't ready to talk about yet" He lost his 25% health steal which sucks, but he is a great dps with healers in GW. You can use his special (thermal detonator) as a pass turn to get heals or reset cool downs.
  • Vyse
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmm, thanks for the insight guys!
  • Options
    I'd wait in greedo his gear is all sorts of messed up with some having gear 10 and others stuck at gear 8.

When TD gets fixed though both will be deadly.
  • Options
    I worked on Nute a bit. I probably wouldn't recommend Nute without having Teebo. I worked on Teebo early on in the game and found him quite fun to use. As leader, Teebo can randomly stealth his allies every round. And he's tanky so he's useful in Arena and Galatic War.

Then, I chose Nute to compliment Teebo. Nute hits quite hard and is somewhat quick. No complaints there. His grenades are not useful at all since they take 3 rounds to go off and have a 5 round cooldown. I pretty much never use it. Nute has a damage bonus when Stealthed (like Leia), so Teebo's leader ability is useful here. Even without being stealthed, Nute's basic has a 55% chance for stealth anyway.

Overall, I'd say Nute's kinda limited for now.
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    I would choose Gunray to play as leader in a team with Leia.

Nute, Leia, Fives, Obi-wan and Savage (someone suggested this team here, not my ideia)

1st turn: Leia get stealth, Nute basic attack, stealth too... enemy turn... 3 tanky guys you don't want to attack available. After that Obi-wan will use mind tricks, Fives will call an assistant, Savage will hit hard.

2nd turn: Leia hit 3 critical shots in a row and have 75% turn meter gain lol ... and that's it!

Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me