Best star wars sound effect?

Prev1
Seismic charge or when holdo flies cruiser into snokes ship?

Replies

• Options
    I still love the lightsaber being ignited, call me old school if you want
  • Options
    I still love the lightsaber being ignited, call me old school if you want

That's a good one too!
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Not really a sound effect but the original non-Lucas-fied moment where Vader picks up the Emperor still gives me goosebumps. That "Noooooo" just ruins it for me.
  • Options
    Best sound effect = Vader's breathing!
  • Options
    That siren from the rebel cruiser. Specially the one from Rogue one's last scene with Vader. It gives me the chills
  • Options
    Chewbacca’s voice.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    TIE Fighters
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    The humming sound lightsabers make when they're moved. They give a menacing element to all the duels. Hard to imagine them without it.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Turbolaser firing.

Sith Lightsaber ignition.

The growling sound Sidious made before murdering most of the Jedi council in 3 moves.

Vader breathing of course. especially regarding the Vader roflstomp in Rogue One.

Lightsaber combat noises in general.

The accidental Magnum sound effect used in A New Hope for a stormtrooper blaster.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    None of u have mentionned seismic charge or the holdo ship crash sound effect :P
  • Options
    They are too new i think
  • Options
    The others are iconic
  • Options
    The howl that plays when The Emperor does a force leap in Star Wars Battlefront
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    None of u have mentionned seismic charge or the holdo ship crash sound effect :P

Holdo’s sacrifice was effective due to how little sound design there was.

By seismic charges, are you referring to jango’s ship in AOTC? If so, I agree. The prequels have a lot of good sound design.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Jar Jar saying "message no hava da booma"

Just kidding.....

I'm a heavy OT fan... But Palpatine in the prequels had two that caught me off guard as good....

1- when he said "dew it" tom coherse annakin to decapitate Dooku
    2- the screech he let out when he leaped over his desk while twirling....

But, my favorite, because I am an Obi fan, is Obi saying "hello there"
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

Holdo’s sacrifice was effective due to how little sound design there was.

By seismic charges, are you referring to jango’s ship in AOTC? If so, I agree. The prequels have a lot of good sound design.

Yes, from jango's ship in aotc. And yes, how the sound cuts out and all of a sudden the crazy sound of the impact, great effect.
  • Options
    Wilhelm scream.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Wilhelm scream.

I want to agree but it's been so overused (both in SW and elsewhere) that it just annoys me now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Sonic mines from Slave I, tie fighters, the music being played when Maul enters the room... Those are all some of my most favorite ones. :smiley:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    I like Quake’s very feminine grunt. Oh, wait, wrong game ;)
  • Options
    Seismic charge or when holdo flies cruiser into snokes ship?

Seismic charge is way better. Both use the same method(silence before the effect) but the Holdo kamikaze action have a causeless long silence before.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Call me old school but I also love the Mos Eisley Cantina band music, Tusken raiders' "Ur Orr Orr Orr", and jawa's "Untinni!". Those are just classics that you can't go without. Without those, Star Wars wouldn't be the same, imo at least. They're way too iconic. :smile:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    Utini is def. epic!
  • Options
    Return of the Jedi Max Rebo Band- Lapti Nek
  • Options
    I know we've deviated a bit to voices and not sound effects, but when Luke yells NEVER! when fighting Vader in rotj, gives me chills everytime.
  • Options
    Back to holdo crashing ship effect, def cool when all the sound cuts out and then the crazy sound happens, but another part to it that i really like is a split second after, the almost crackling sound from what i imagine are other mini explosions, as it seems to me when looking at the scene, that all the star destroyers that were in the vicinity behind snokes ship got mangled up real good by what i would imagine was flying debris from the crash, being hit that hard at that speed
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    The Death Star control room hum as the firing sequence is being initiated is solid. Billions being murdered in cold blood in 3, 2, 1....
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Worst noise: Tauntaun being sliced open lol.