Next Step

Zinke7
194 posts Member
I have been playing this game for less than 2 months now and except for few things I like it a lot.
At first I was just playing and was collecting random characters from all over the place.
Then I came up with FO team and finally after watching lots of guides and reading lots of forum post I started working on Phoenix Team.
That era is about to come to the end for in next few days 5 of them will be 7* and from there on I will just be adding gear pieces to them. I will also try to work little bit harder on Sabine's shard as I have almost completely ignored her.

I am looking for advice on next step(s).
I have watched Warrior Present video on his 4 pillars but I think that is too much focused for me as I would like to work on multiple teams at the same time.

Logical step (IMO) would be to work on Empire team, FO team and Rebel (one for CLS) team for now as I have very good base for those teams.

I am not sure how to round up first 2 teams.
For Empire it would be Palp, Vader, Thrawn for sure but not sure who to pick for last 2 spots (ST, TFP, Tarkin or somebody else). TFP and Tarkin have advantage as they are also used for ships but I am not sure if it is good idea to be without a tank.

For FO I think it would be KRU, KR, FOEX and then again open spots. I am leaning toward Phasma. Not sure if I need FOST if KRU will tank and that would enable me to farm something else with that energy.

Rebel team is the one with Farmboy Luke, Leia, ST Han and old Ben. I would work on them as well so that they are ready for when I get R2D2.

As of right now I am will be getting ST Han shards from arena store once Kanan is finished and Phasma shards from GW store as Zeb is already done.

I would appreciate your input and advice on how to round up those 2 teams as well if you think that I could be working on something else at the same time.

Here is link to my characters on swgoh:
swgoh.gg/u/zinke7/collection/

Replies

• Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Options
    So normal order is Phoenix => Empire (gets you R2) => getting cls. So if that's your goal focus that way and then go towards bb8/jtr. Also don't neglect mods sought of general advice. At this point it's just better to focus on one team at a time and you might be able to find slots to crossover farm.
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    For Empire it would be Palp, Vader, Thrawn for sure but not sure who to pick for last 2 spots (ST, TFP, Tarkin or somebody else). TFP and Tarkin have advantage as they are also used for ships but I am not sure if it is good idea to be without a tank.

TFP (cantina) and Tarkin (Squad) can work great for quite awhile and probably better than running a tank atm. If your goal is to use this for events as well might want to sub in an ez farm from stores incase palp and thrawn don't come back around like storm (bit more difficult then magma but can be subsidised by nodes) and magma. Arena wise for empire definitely look towards zEp (L), Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin and TFP probably your best bet till you get access to shore/death)
    For FO I think it would be KRU, KR, FOEX and then again open spots. I am leaning toward Phasma. Not sure if I need FOST if KRU will tank and that would enable me to farm something else with that energy.

Most FO teams I've read about highly recommend FOST (hard nodes), and phasma (GW) is only average now because originally she was the only FO lead until KRU came along. The last member can be a choice of FOO (farmed from cantina store) or FOTP (hard nodes and occasionally Fleet) or FOSFTP (farmed from guild store) though most I think would recommend FOO.

So shortened version
    Cantina - FOO/ST
    Guild - FOSFTP (alternates with his ship)
    Squad - Tarkin - after this Leia/ST han
    GW - Phasma/Magma

Hope this helps

• Options
    Wardai wrote: »
    So normal order is Phoenix => Empire (gets you R2) => getting cls. So if that's your goal focus that way and then go towards bb8/jtr. Also don't neglect mods sought of general advice. At this point it's just better to focus on one team at a time and you might be able to find slots to crossover farm.

TFP (cantina) and Tarkin (Squad) can work great for quite awhile and probably better than running a tank atm. If your goal is to use this for events as well might want to sub in an ez farm from stores incase palp and thrawn don't come back around like storm (bit more difficult then magma but can be subsidised by nodes) and magma. Arena wise for empire definitely look towards zEp (L), Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin and TFP probably your best bet till you get access to shore/death)

Most FO teams I've read about highly recommend FOST (hard nodes), and phasma (GW) is only average now because originally she was the only FO lead until KRU came along. The last member can be a choice of FOO (farmed from cantina store) or FOTP (hard nodes and occasionally Fleet) or FOSFTP (farmed from guild store) though most I think would recommend FOO.

So shortened version
    Cantina - FOO/ST
    Guild - FOSFTP (alternates with his ship)
    Squad - Tarkin - after this Leia/ST han
    GW - Phasma/Magma

Hope this helps

So, if you have Darth nihilus or can get him someway, he works great with Palp lead, thrawn, Vader, and Tarkin(that's what I'm currently running). Even better is Darth Sion with Palp, thrawn, Vader, and Nihilus. Even at 3* those two are immensely powerful.

First order is KRU, kylo, Fox, Foo, fotp/fost...

Another fun team is wedge/Biggs, chirrut/baze + another rebel
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    So, if you have Darth nihilus or can get him someway, he works great with Palp lead, thrawn, Vader, and Tarkin(that's what I'm currently running). Even better is Darth Sion with Palp, thrawn, Vader, and Nihilus. Even at 3* those two are immensely powerful.

First order is KRU, kylo, Fox, Foo, fotp/fost...

Another fun team is wedge/Biggs, chirrut/baze + another rebel

Wouldn't recommend just buying nihilus with crystals though,or baze for that matter. In the long run it would be better to farm their shards from their hard nodes if they are what you want. Simple math would be it would take you 6 days from your current rank to buy 4 shards, where as you could buy a refresh a day and increase the chances of shard drops for your investment.

Do agree in the long run you'll probably want nihilus/baze/sion but not worth the crystal investment in buying from shipments.

• Options
    On my shard I’m mixing it with zSion/ Nihilus with TFP and Tarkin (same base 3 zEP, Vader, zThrawn). Saying that I’m only position 50 to 80 most days!

TWO WARNINGS - if you use TFP and Tarkin:
    1) They need to be well modded and very very fast.
    2) You will slide defensively more than you would do with a tank. Your best defence to this is to get Vader to 210+ speed ASAP. A fast Vader deters many attacks.

Worth saying that I’m busy leveling Sion and getting him ready to switch in though!
  • Options
    I use Tarkin, Palp(lead), Vader, TFP and Thrawn. I'm a little older in the game than you though.

The issue they have is a few too many squishies, and if you don't have Thrawn, cleansing. So they need to be fast, very fast as the thing they can do is pile on the hurt fast.

I do have Nihilus but at G8 3* he rarely makes it long enough to get annihilate off, that's a speed thing though I imagine. Bought him with crystals to save time later on. That'll be a very long farm.

No Sion available for a while as he's beyond my reach at the present time.

I'm about where you are OP, though in hindsight I may have put a little too much gear on my Phoenix. I use their ships though.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF