Progression question

My guild recently started t4 from t3 and i find it not really that much harder. So the question is how big is the difference from t4 to t5. The reward pool looks much better (compared to t4) but what's the difficulty like?
As always any and all information is uber appreciated.

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Just keep increasing the difficulty till it reaches a point where your guild is earning tickets faster than the raid can be taken down.
  • Options
    My guild recently started t4 from t3 and i find it not really that much harder. So the question is how big is the difference from t4 to t5. The reward pool looks much better (compared to t4) but what's the difficulty like?
    As always any and all information is uber appreciated.

It's definitely more of a challenge. I'm a player who averages about 15th in the raid, regardless of the tier. Our Top players are much higher in scoring. If you have 50/50 participating, it's worth giving it a shot at T5.
    That being said, how many refreshes for T4?

Our leaders have adapted a rotation, 5,5,4, then repeat. All while trying to maximize tickets. It seems to be about right for us. You could try a 4,4,5, and see how it works.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    Options
    We do Tier 4 in 2-3 days and our last attempt at Tier 5 (2 weeks ago) took about 9 days. There's an extra 200Mil HP in the raid going from Tier 4 to Tier 5.
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    ^what they said. It's not so much the difficulty, but rather the armor and health pool jumps. More difficult to do good damage unless toons are geared up a little more. You'll still make it to enrage in all the same phases between T4 and T5, but it will take you days longer if not properly geared.

to put it into a bit more context, our guild only did T6 once. We jumped from T5 to T7. We didn't skip T6 because it was difficult, but because clearing a T6 raid took us 3 days simply because of all the health. We gots better things to do with our time.