Mods: Offense vs Critical Damage Sets

Empiric1
346 posts Member
I was just wondering for those who are fighting Traya a lot, would it make sense to start farming Offense sets to replace my CD sets?

Traya's Leader and uniques counter Critical Chance so just thought Offense might be better if you're fighting them...

Thanks

Replies

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how crit avoidance works; if it directly mitigates crit chance or if it is a 40% roll to see if the crit is negated no matter the crit chance. On swgoh.gg, it is describe as "critical negate percent" so it kind of sounds like the former.

The cutoff is 1/3 for when offense starts being a benefit. So if after all bonuses your characters have less than 73% crit chance, offense will start to get better.
  • Options
    That's my understanding as well. If the attacking character has 50% crit chance and you have a crit avoidance arrow maxed out, then the effective CC of the attacker is 26%. Same applies to dodge and accuracy.

To your second question as to whether or not an offense set makes more sense... I don't know. It becomes a bit more complicated if you're running a CD set with a CD primary triangle. I'd probably say, yes, offense makes more sense against Traya if your effective CC (mods+leader+unique ability bonuses) is below 80% but add that no way in heck I'm moving mods around. I have my arena team tuned for raids and there is no joy in moving mods around.
  • Options
    Haha thanks Rebel - I'm just looking for an excuse to farm offense mods... Im one of the few that actually enjoys the RNG thrills of mod farming :D
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    Haha thanks Rebel - I'm just looking for an excuse to farm offense mods... Im one of the few that actually enjoys the RNG thrills of mod farming :D

Oh, I have an excuse for offense mods for you then. Put them on Chirrut, Deathtrooper, Pao, and CLS for Chex Mix team. Or on Boba if you want to try your RNG at Greedo Mix.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Options
    Any character with low CC that you want damage out of benefits from an offense set (Ep, Traya come to mind). I believe the cutoff is ~45% CC where stacking offense is better.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Who are you using to fight Traya?

I'm still using all-Res under JTR so I want as much CC as possible. It's harder to get exposes against a Traya lead but it's still possible to get enough to win, and the more CC you have the better.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    kevsmart wrote: »
    Any character with low CC that you want damage out of benefits from an offense set (Ep, Traya come to mind). I believe the cutoff is ~45% CC where stacking offense is better.

It's a lot less--33%.