Having to leave and rejoin is silly....

BubbaFett
3311 posts Member
I find it strange that they can't make the active GP signed into TW increase as the members that are already signed in increase their GP through normal gameplay. I understand why they lock it in for matchmaking, but it should increase right up to that point....

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I thought we had a comment that leaving and coming back was not necessary. I will try to fish that out.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I thought we had a comment that leaving and coming back was not necessary. I will try to fish that out.

I just tried it and you have to in order for it to include new GP..... My guild has 50/50 signed up and there is a 100k difference between active GP in TW and our guild GP......
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    it will correct itself when toons gets locked down
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    it will correct itself when toons gets locked down

I hope so.... If not it will cost us a prize tier....
  • _meatbag_
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I just tried it and you have to in order for it to include new GP..... My guild has 50/50 signed up and there is a 100k difference between active GP in TW and our guild GP......
    IIRC active GP is only affected by toons eligible to be used in TW, that might be the difference you're seeing

• Options
    ^I don't know... my guild has had to have members leave and rejoin after getting someone to g12 or applying a zeta because GP change didn't reflect.
    No data on if staying would have just changed it but we always leave and rejoin just in case.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I've tried upgrading after joining and prior to lock several times and the change is always reflected. I don't look at GP, but the zeta or gear or whatever is active.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    _meatbag_ wrote: »
    IIRC active GP is only affected by toons eligible to be used in TW, that might be the difference you're seeing

No, active GP is the sum of all of the participants GP.....
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Will know in 14 minutes as there is about a 150k difference between the two numbers right now....
  • Options
    Last TW, our GP updated and chars that were bumped over 6k were included at lockdown without requiring leaving and rejoining.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't work....... There is over 130k difference between our GP in the guild screen and our GP in the TW rewards screen.....
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    All of the gear etc did update, but the GP counter didn't......
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

There you go.

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

There you go.

There I don't go..... To the next prize tier....
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'm just saying there's your answer. Toons update, GP does not.

EDIT: Actually it could just be visual bug. You won't know for sure until rewards are paid out.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm just saying there's your answer. Toons update, GP does not.

Ya, that wasn't directed at you as much as it it was directed on the he fact that it's pretty lame.... If they can capture something as complex as changes in gear level etc, then surely they should be able to capture updated GP....
  • Options
    I'm not sure why Bubbafett is rubbing his gash and crying about being entitled to a prize tier his guild clearly hasn't earned.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why Bubbafett is rubbing his gash and crying about being entitled to a prize tier his guild clearly hasn't earned.

You have poor reading comprehension..... Go back and read my posts again...

We earned it, we reached the next prize tier as a guild about two hours prior to TW starting.... When the match up period finished it failed to update our guild gp, even though it updated all of.our new gear and ability level, thereby placing us a tier lower then what we are entitled to based on our GP......
  • UTmfUT
    47 posts Member
    Options
    If you earned it, it would be there. Get better and stop feeling entitled.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    UTmfUT wrote: »
    If you earned it, it would be there. Get better and stop feeling entitled.

If you can get it by leaving and rejoining, which is the point of the thread, this is not true. Or at least, it makes the situation less cut-and-dry.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

You have poor reading comprehension..... Go back and read my posts again...

We earned it, we reached the next prize tier as a guild about two hours prior to TW starting.... When the match up period finished it failed to update our guild gp, even though it updated all of.our new gear and ability level, thereby placing us a tier lower then what we are entitled to based on our GP......

Once again I'd check rewards at payout and make sure it isn't a visual bug. I can't remember for sure but I feel like we got more rewards than expected during one of the early TW and this could have been why.
  • Options
    _meatbag_ wrote: »

You are thinking of the matchmaking formula. CG says they don’t factor in characters that aren’t eligible. They still count towards your prize tier though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Please make sure you report this to <<Answers HQ>>.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    @kyno already done, thanks.....
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @BubbaFett you said earlier that active GP is the tota GP of all TW participants.

I don’t think that’s correct. It’s the total GP of all the eligible toons, discounting those <6K power.

You spoke about a difference of around 150K between the active GP in TW and your guild GP on the guild home page. Ours has a similar difference and has done for all TWs.

Also, the prize tiers are based on Active GP, not guild GP.

Don’t think this is a bug, dude.

EDIT - actually, I retract most of that. Our active GP is 80K short of our guild GP, and even by checking my own roster (19 toons <6K power, median value ~3K) there is now way that the difference is down to omitting toons <6K power!

I also discount our guild growing 80K in GP between the lockout and now.

Something is definitely wrong with it, and if the only solution is leaving and rejoining then there’s a bug.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    @DarjeloSalas

Yes, I am aware that the prize tier is based on active GP, all 50 of us are signed up, so the active GP should be the guild GP, as stated, this did not update at lock down... A few of us left and rejoined TW before lock down and the number went up, but there is no way we were going to get all 50 of us to do so.....

Thanks for coming back and editing, I appreciate that you did some research there..... It is indeed a bug and has been reported....
  • Options
    No problem @BubbaFett.

I’ve always assumed the active GP difference was just the <6K toons. After making a claim without research (which many forum users do daily) I thought I should check my figures.

As I said, there’s no way our differential between guild GP and active GP is down to <6K toons.

Doesn’t make much difference to us as we’re in the 140-159M reward bracket regardless, but at some stage in the future we’ll be in the 160M+ bracket and I’d hate to think shoddy programming deprived us of the rewards.