Old Ben and Fracture

MntMan
281 posts Member
I was just fighting in arena with my Palp team (zPalp (L), zVader, zThrawn, GK and DN). I was up against zzzCLS, zRaid Han, zzR2, ZBarissa, zOld Ben

Going along decently, they have about 12k more GP than I, but I'm sure my speed has them beat for sure. Old Ben pulls taunt and next up is my good old friend Thrawn. I toss a fracture on Old Ben and boom, away goes the...........wait .......no the lead is still on him. OK. Strange. Have I missed something?

Well Ben's zeta says if taunt is dispelled automatically get it back for one turn. I get that. If DN had hit him instead of Thrawn and dispelled it I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop right back up. But Thrawn's fracture says it dispells all buffs AND prevents new buffs from being applied. So in my humble opinion of how the fight should have went down Old Ben would have lost taunt, fracture is applied so when he tries to reapply taunt it doesn't stick. Instead Old Ben just got zero speed and is sticky with taunt.

Don't get me wrong. Great team make up then with OB and BO and r2 all together against a palp team if it is WAI. However I think there is something amiss here.. I've never had this happen before, but maybe I've never went against a team that had so many extra zeta's tehy'd just toss one on OB. If it is WAI maybe I need to look into doing this myself, but it seems wrong.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This was specifically outlined in his kit layout when he was given the zeta. The taunt is reapplied before the fracture is which is why he is able to taunt again.

Cleanse, re taunt, fracture.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Ahhh. Thanks.
  • crzydroid
    7326 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes, the Fracture ability and the Fractured debuff are separate things. The Fracture debuff prevents buffs. The Fracture ability dispells buffs and lays the Fracture debuff, but Ben's rebuff happens in between those steps.