Are your Hermit Yodas and Wampas ready

Prev1
jejuzang
710 posts Member
For whatever reveal is coming in August. Its been a year since the release of CLS this past August so i expect another legendary event featuring some hard to get characters coming soon...

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I 7*ed Yoda, but stopped caring about Wampa because the gear is just so much more valuable.

I don’t think Luke is coming any time soon, and if he is.... Eh. Whatever. I’ll get him next time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I kind of learned my lesson with BB-8 and Rey (Jedi Training). I was farming a bunch of First Order and Resistance when I first started, then ramped up my farming of those two factions when Commander Luke Skywalker was released. Got BB-8 seven-starred day one, but Rey (Jedi Training) wasn't possible for me because Veteran Smugglers were not farmable long enough for me to stand a chance of getting her.

Personally I anticipate we'll get Revan this year (with farmable Old Republic characters arriving in the mid to late Fall), then we'll see a Rey / Kylo Ren / Snoke (?) release prior to Episode IX, probably also in the Fall. With the Separatists, the Jedi, and possibly Clones getting tweaked as well, I just don't see Jedi Luke Skywalker cropping up this early. Maybe by 2020 or 2021 we'll see him is my guess. Even if we do get him, I anticipate that they'll release a new character that will be needed for the Hero's Journey. So people with Captain Han Solo, Rebel Officer Leia Organa, R2-D2, Hermit Yoda, and Commander Luke Skywalker will have something to farm / spend money on in order to get Jedi Luke Skywalker. We F2P players wouldn't have it THAT easy that we'd get tons of time to prepare, I believe.
  • Options
    Whatever the new legendary is, you can bet it will involve an expensive panic farm, and everyone you already farmed in advance will be useless.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I 7*ed Yoda, but stopped caring about Wampa because the gear is just so much more valuable.

I don’t think Luke is coming any time soon, and if he is.... Eh. Whatever. I’ll get him next time.

Wampa is one of the most offensive characters in the game mate.lol
    High enough geared and he can get you through dark side territory wars.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Well I'm guessing is Old Republic related. Revan or something. 5 new characters to buy.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ryanwhales wrote: »

Yeah he does have a foul mouth...

Honestly I've ignored both toons in favor of nothing but gear. Has worked just fine so far. If I need one of them for a Heroic I'm screwed though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Both 7* both gear 12 one zeta each. Let's go!
  • Options
    Personally I'm calling Revan (Jedi) Legendary Event to wrap up all the KOTOR stuff. I think the requirement to do the fight will be full Sith party. I think the Old Republic tag to unlock him would make sense too, but my gut tells me Sith vs Old Republic makes a little more sense for the Legendary fight. The only legendary today that is same faction vs same faction is Yoda (Jedi vs. Jedi). The rest are all opposing (R2 - Empire vs. Rebels, BB8 - First Order vs. Resistance, Palpatine - Rebels vs. Empire). That's why my gut says Sith vs. Old Republic/Revan to unlock him. There's still plenty of $$ for them to make from people rushing cantina farms and selling those $20 Sith packs they offered back in Sith month (Dooku, Maul, Vader, Sidious)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Ryanwhales wrote: »

High enough geared and he can get you through dark side territory wars.

Yeah, no, I know. Wampa's a ton of fun (based on his size, it might even be literally a ton) and I'd like to have him eventually, but right here, right now, spending those gold tokens to bring several characters from g8 to g12 is much more important to me. I've used it to get my Resistance, Ackbar, the three Geonosians, and am currently working on a couple leftover Jedi up there in gear.
  • Moroveus
    147 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I strongly doubt we'll get Jedi Knight Luke until we have Rebel Chewbacca and C-3PO. I think Luke's Hero's Journey II will look something like this and require the following toons:

Battle of Hoth: Commander Han Solo, Rebel Officer Leia, Rebel Chewbacca, R2, C-3PO
    Training on Dagobah: Hermit Yoda
    Escape from Cloud City: Lando, Lobot, Rebel Chewbacca, R2, C-3PO
    Duel in Cloud City: Commander Luke
    Rescue on Tattooine: Rebel Chewbacca, Raid Han, Jedi Knight Luke ... possibly even a new Leia (either in her Boushh disguise or metal bikini)
    Endor Strike Team: Rebel Chewbacca, R2, C-3PO, Wicket ... possibly even a new Han and/or Leia
    Endor Strike Team II: Ewoks
    Duel on the Death Star: Jedi Knight Luke
  • BamWrath
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Moroveus wrote: »
    I strongly doubt we'll get Jedi Knight Luke until we have Rebel Chewbacca and C-3PO. I think Luke's Hero's Journey II will look something like this and require the following toons:

Battle of Hoth: Commander Han Solo, Rebel Officer Leia, Rebel Chewbacca, R2, C-3PO
    Training on Dagobah: Hermit Yoda
    Escape from Cloud City: Lando, Lobot, Rebel Chewbacca, R2, C-3PO
    Duel in Cloud City: Commander Luke
    Rescue on Tattooine: Rebel Chewbacca, Raid Han, Jedi Knight Luke ... possibly even a new Leia (either in her Boushh disguise or metal bikini)
    Endor Strike Team: Rebel Chewbacca, R2, C-3PO, Wicket ... possibly even a new Han and/or Leia
    Endor Strike Team II: Ewoks
    Duel on the Death Star: Jedi Knight Luke

way too many toons...usually requires 5.,
  • Options
    Jedi Luke is never coming. Learn to live with it.
  • Options
    BamWrath wrote: »
    way too many toons...usually requires 5.,

It's Jedi Knight Luke, one of the most wanted toons they can possibly add to the game.
  • Options
    Jedi Luke is never coming. Learn to live with it.

That's not true. That's IMPOSSIBLE!
  • Options
    benjammin wrote: »
    Personally I'm calling Revan (Jedi) Legendary Event to wrap up all the KOTOR stuff. I think the requirement to do the fight will be full Sith party. I think the Old Republic tag to unlock him would make sense too, but my gut tells me Sith vs Old Republic makes a little more sense for the Legendary fight. The only legendary today that is same faction vs same faction is Yoda (Jedi vs. Jedi). The rest are all opposing (R2 - Empire vs. Rebels, BB8 - First Order vs. Resistance, Palpatine - Rebels vs. Empire). That's why my gut says Sith vs. Old Republic/Revan to unlock him. There's still plenty of $$ for them to make from people rushing cantina farms and selling those $20 Sith packs they offered back in Sith month (Dooku, Maul, Vader, Sidious)

That would be fine by me. With ep, vader, sion, and nihilas all 7 star g12 that woukd be an easy win. I have sideous 7 star but not that much gear but with the other 4 it's probably not needed.
  • Paladin033112
    312 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    If he is to be released, it wouldn't surprise me if more than 5 specific toons were needed. We'll prob even need Vader for a fight against the emperor.
    *Also, sorry to all the Wampa fans out there but that being a requirement doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me since it was trying to eat Luke, not aid him or be an ally of sorts. Wampa is still great in every other area of the game though.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    I kind of learned my lesson with BB-8 and Rey (Jedi Training). I was farming a bunch of First Order and Resistance when I first started, then ramped up my farming of those two factions when Commander Luke Skywalker was released. Got BB-8 seven-starred day one, but Rey (Jedi Training) wasn't possible for me because Veteran Smugglers were not farmable long enough for me to stand a chance of getting her.

Personally I anticipate we'll get Revan this year (with farmable Old Republic characters arriving in the mid to late Fall), then we'll see a Rey / Kylo Ren / Snoke (?) release prior to Episode IX, probably also in the Fall. With the Separatists, the Jedi, and possibly Clones getting tweaked as well, I just don't see Jedi Luke Skywalker cropping up this early. Maybe by 2020 or 2021 we'll see him is my guess. Even if we do get him, I anticipate that they'll release a new character that will be needed for the Hero's Journey. So people with Captain Han Solo, Rebel Officer Leia Organa, R2-D2, Hermit Yoda, and Commander Luke Skywalker will have something to farm / spend money on in order to get Jedi Luke Skywalker. We F2P players wouldn't have it THAT easy that we'd get tons of time to prepare, I believe.

Wait, Rey/Kylo/Snoke this fall!? Episode 9 isn’t until next year! It’s 2018... right?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Nah, there's definitely going to be a Return of the Jedi Luke eventually... He's been hanging around on the splash screen forever.

But I definitely think folks are driving themselves crazy by waiting for it. Best bet is to just play the game and get him the second time he comes around, if you want my opinion. Watched pots don't boil and all that.
  • Options
    Nah, there's definitely going to be a Return of the Jedi Luke eventually... He's been hanging around on the splash screen forever.

But I definitely think folks are driving themselves crazy by waiting for it. Best bet is to just play the game and get him the second time he comes around, if you want my opinion. Watched pots don't boil and all that.

Nothing wrong with farming a few likely choices. Assuming you already have cls, thrawn, and jtr, you need something to farm. Currently speculation toons are it.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    It's not that though, it's a choice between these two toons and gear.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Nothing wrong with farming a few likely choices. Assuming you already have cls, thrawn, and jtr, you need something to farm. Currently speculation toons are it.

For sure! You need to farm something, after all! But sometimes you just need gear, is all :) Hopefully once I finish Geo Spy I can start up on Wampa again. A friend of mine has him maxed out and he’s sooooo fun...
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    It's not that though, it's a choice between these two toons and gear.

But there are other sources of gear, especially now that they added fleet battles with the g12 purple pieces. There is only one source for these shards (unless you have maxed bounty hunters). You need a good pool of g12 characters before you really need to start buying g12 gear, so if you would have started these toons right away they'd be finished, and you'd be ready to start farming g12 gear hard.
  • Elext
    19 posts Member
    Options
    benjammin wrote: »

unless he’s a special event/hero’s journey
    Then it could be 5 Old Republic toons
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure neither Hermit Yoda nor Wampa will be required for Jedi Luke and that is because nobody can panic farm them to 7*. Business wise it wouldn't make any sense, what works for CG are characters you can farm spending crystals. Neither Hoda nor Wampa can be money farmed, having these two required would just result in people not giving a shot ie no money pouring in. Besides neither Yoda or Wampa have an active cooperation with Luke in a fight so CG can easily skip them.

Now, what will most probably happen are new characters to panic farm, OG Shewbacca, C3PO, bounty hunter Leia are good options. Anyway, what will be required for ROTJ Luke is most probably not yet available in the game.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Globuhl wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure neither Hermit Yoda nor Wampa will be required for Jedi Luke and that is because nobody can panic farm them to 7*. Business wise it wouldn't make any sense, what works for CG are characters you can farm spending crystals. Neither Hoda nor Wampa can be money farmed, having these two required would just result in people not giving a shot ie no money pouring in. Besides neither Yoda or Wampa have an active cooperation with Luke in a fight so CG can easily skip them.

Now, what will most probably happen are new characters to panic farm, OG Shewbacca, C3PO, bounty hunter Leia are good options. Anyway, what will be required for ROTJ Luke is most probably not yet available in the game.

Hermit Yoda pack anyone?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Who cares? They'll just nerf whatever works and make you buy new characters/gear anyway.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Since the first time the Yoda event was released back in 2016 I’ve been a firm believer in farming toons to 7*. Making sure you have a full squad for every faction 7* is key to finishing events. Farm toons then gear them later is my motto.

Since the release of the guild event tokens i farmed Yoda first then Wampa and never once did I buy gear from that portion of the game.

Once I got both toons 7* I went back to hording tokens. From what I figured out..it takes 38,880 tokens to get a toon 5* and 89,000 tokens to get a toon to 7*.

Just recently I hit the 89k mark and now I can comfortably buy gear here and there without the worry of a possible new toon showing up and not having the guild token amount necessary to get them to 7*.

It took months to do this..I had to just pretend the tokens didn’t exist.