So... does anyone know how Reinforcements are picked yet?

Jedi_Bane
311 posts Member
edited July 2018
It has been a little while since ships 2.0 came out and I was wondering if anyone had come up with an algorithm or even a good hunch about how the AI picks reinforcements.

In my experience, all I know is that Clone sergeant ARC 170 has priority over Slave 1 and Scimitar, Scimitar has priority over Slave 1, and Slave 1 Trumps everything else.

I wish I could do more testing but the AI plays my fleet so poorly that I dont typically survive past the 1st reinforcement when I try to play it on auto

Any thoughts on the matter would be great, thank you!

Replies

• Options
    It sounds like the AI prioritizes tank ships irregardless of their slot #. So I think it will almost always call in first a tank like Fives or Biggs over an attacker like Vader or Poe. If Phantom and Ghost are together ghost will come in after Phantom every single time. It seems to be programmed that way. I think I’ve seen Slave 1 reinforce later in a few of my battles after Ghost but I’d have to double check that.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Fwiw:

Communicating w/ a friend in fleets...now I know the sample size is too small, but we kept tabs for 30 days.

In 28 attacks on me, AI 1st called Slave I 16x, Phantom 9x, Sunfac 3x and Reaper 0x.

In 22 Attacks against him. Phantom was called 1st most frequently at 15x, Sunfac 4x, Slave I 3x and Poe 0x.

Warrior posted a YouTube video about Phantom and mentioned it's most likely to be called if it's in the 1st slot. We both run Phantom in out 1st slot. Take from this what u will.
  • Options
    My phantom 2 with capped reinforce trumps slave 1, at least if phantom is in the left most slot, i haven't tried swapping positions to test if that's relevant in my situation.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    Fwiw:

Communicating w/ a friend in fleets...now I know the sample size is too small, but we kept tabs for 30 days.

In 28 attacks on me, AI 1st called Slave I 16x, Phantom 9x, Sunfac 3x and Reaper 0x.

In 22 Attacks against him. Phantom was called 1st most frequently at 15x, Sunfac 4x, Slave I 3x and Poe 0x.

Warrior posted a YouTube video about Phantom and mentioned it's most likely to be called if it's in the 1st slot. We both run Phantom in out 1st slot. Take from this what u will.

Thanks for the precious data.
    Could you precise what your fleets are (especially the reinforcement order you both set)?
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Both ran Biggs, TFP and Tie Advanced to start w/ under Chimaera...Phantom in 1st slot. Dunno the rest of his order. I have SunFac 2nd, Reaper 3rd and Slave1 last.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I remember reading one of their posts regarding Ships 2.0, and that healing reinforcements like Jedi Consular will be prioritized.