A lot of new Char for so few omegas

I think this is happening to everyone, it seems like an abuse and more with the price of omegas to put Z's

Replies

• Options
    The omega crunch is such a pain...got zero omegas from weekend challenges (including ship) ... been playing for half a year and just recently finished omegaing my arena squad
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    For me, I just have to show restraint when it comes to what I omega and what I don't. Just like I don't throw out a zeta every time I get one. The daily omega from challenges is enough, and anything from challenges or cantina or three man events that I forget the name of is a bonus

Think I'm sitting on 40 rn, with 1.4 mil gp. I could burn through them in an instant, but what impact will guys like Stormtrooper, Dooku, Solo toons and others really have on my performance? Sure it'd boost that GP and maybe help in TW, but it'll be worth more if I invest them in the next raid or arena team I put together.

A lot of this game as F2P (and I suspect P2P as well) is deciding what is worth investing in and what you'll have to stave off for. Doesn't mean chase the meta 24/7 as I've definitely developed toons that are not worth the effort simply because I wanted to, but I know I'm not maximizing my potential when I do so.

also, I've heard that omega's becomes common place once an account gets developed enough. The ease in which I can burn through my 400 purple ability mats makes me doubt, but I've heard it
    518 posts Member
    Options
    I feel a lot of people are complaining about omegas. I would agree to some extend but I feel like people are not considering the fact they might be a lesson from this as well.

We don't have to omega every character. You should focus on squads that you really want and that should be all. I do this and it's sufficient enough for me, I can get my squads with full abilities minus zeta and then, I save them to focus on it. As for now, I have 8 zetas on characters, an most likely something like 150 omegaed abilities.
    To me it's just a matter of focus.

But I wouldn't say no to having more omegas from challenges. If I recall correctly, I had none last week except from dailies, this shouldn't be a RNG dependent thing to me.
  • Options
    I don't know why you are complaining about this.

Challenges can get you omegas, daily quest's get you 1 omega, events get you omegas...

I zeta'd CLS 3x last week and still have about 40 omegas left. As the guy above already said, it's just about focus.

Focus on your important toons like arena squad, fleet squads and maybe some raid squads. You can omega your crap toons later.
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    yes, yes and yes.

I am focusing. I put omegas on Phoenix for Thrawn (the ones I had thought were necessary).
    I have now finished omegas on my arena squad (I think all are necessary to be competitive).
    Now I am moving on to my pilots to stay competitive there too.

Still its a painful crunch. No matter what you say. Specially frustrating when those challanges that should give you a boost do nothing. So another half of a year till my pilots get their omegas...

EDIT: end game is probably different cause once you have omegad all of your important toons you can then save some and put the rest on the abilities you like
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
  • Options
    Those who do not understand why I complain about this, is because you play with the right thing, I have a good roster and it is not enough to complete the appropriate synergies at the same pace as the teams and chars that are appearing, I also put this because I'm boring and I want to cry, I sure need less than others the omegas, but it's a shame to have that dependence on Z's at that level so exaggerated, I have 46 Z's put :-)
  • Options
    It's one of those things.

You have loads when you don't need them, and not enough when you do. Same with credits, they add up fast, then you level a toon (Thrawn just took best part of a million going up 3 levels). it's gone.

I've just got to the point where I can get a daily omega. I have an Empire team to do next (Phoenix are mostly done, just Chopper's unique needs doing really). So that's Omega drought for me too.

Levelling absolutely stinks in this game.

Then I start over doing a BH/Scoundrel squad from the ground up effectively. All the while the garbage tier gear adds up and the raid gear is in short supply.

You break through a wall, to find yet another wall and a dramatic camera sweep reveals it's nothing but walls after that.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm not saying there isnt a bottle neck, but you have to work on management of the materials too.

At the rate toons are appearing, are you even able to gear them to a useful level fast enough to worry about omegas?

There is a balancing act that must be done day in and day out, omegas have always been very valuable and slow to come in but they can be managed.

agz29uybpq2q.jpg

We all cant be expert hoarders, but we also cant expect them to just give it away.

Not every toon needs an omega to perform good, consider that upgrade each time you use it.
  • Options
    4bzvsvtzhy5t.png
    7j343p0eda27.png
    7zwziqt4wpw2.png
    1ranaftmbttu.png
    w00j7dutw28x.png
    k8jd3zofxl0s.png
    I do not feel like counting how many I have stopped putting in chars not so relevant....