Is Rex worth leveling?

eBitzu
286 posts Member
Hello guys,

I just unlocked Rex and wanted to ask you guys.. is he worth it.. I have him on 4 stars.. should I buy more shards for him.. is he a good investment?

Let me know your thoughts
Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here

Replies

• eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    Options
    No information that can help me.. there.. and I don't have Fives
  • Options
    Warmonkey's answer wasn't what you wanted?
  • Options
    Nope. Not worth it. He's broken. He doesn't remove heal immunity, doesn't adjust turn meter right, and doesn't grant tenacity to whole squad.
  • eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Insomniac wrote: »
    Nope. Not worth it. He's broken. He doesn't remove heal immunity, doesn't adjust turn meter right, and doesn't grant tenacity to whole squad.

Maybe there are just temporary bugs.. that will be fixed.. the question is.. can you sub one of the regulars with him, is he more powerful than Sid/Phasma/Luminara a droid?
  • Options
    I'd say Warmonkey hit the nail on the head in the linked post - I've also got him at 7*, max abilities, gear 8. He's a lot of fun in GW and challenges, but he won't do you any favors in arena currently. It's hard to tell if he'll be more useful after he's patched to work as intended, though I find him underwhelming currently. He won't be replacing Sid/Phasma/Lumi any time soon.

If they introduce more Clones - maybe Cody, others - to up his speed some and increase his damage, he may be viable.
  • Insomniac
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Bugs seem to take a while.

I was using him in gw for a Vader, Sid, IG88, counter so I could ignore them to take out other toons. Worked great at skill level 5. Had him at level 60 gear 7. He's never given tenacity up to the others and doesn't seem to do the turn meter unless he is also removing negs. Once I got it to skill level 6, stopped seeing the heal immunity being removed. +20 additional damage is handy, but gotta be able to use your healers. The cool down is long on that one and his basic isn't standout.

So if he works like he's supposed to, I'd say yes. Wouldn't put resources or credits on him until you see it being patched. He's too squishy if he doesn't have anything else to recommend him. He takes a lot of purple gear to upgrade. He's in my suicide squad now for gw. If I notice him getting fixed, then I'll put more resources into him.

• eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Insomniac wrote: »
    Bugs seem to take a while.

I was using him in gw for a Vader, Sid, IG88, counter so I could ignore them to take out other toons. Worked great at skill level 5. Had him at level 60 gear 7. He's never given tenacity up to the others and doesn't seem to do the turn meter unless he is also removing negs. Once I got it to skill level 6, stopped seeing the heal immunity being removed. +20 additional damage is handy, but gotta be able to use your healers. The cool down is long on that one and his basic isn't standout.

So if he works like he's supposed to, I'd say yes. Wouldn't put resources or credits on him until you see it being patched. He's too squishy if he doesn't have anything else to recommend him. He takes a lot of purple gear to upgrade. He's in my suicide squad now for gw. If I notice him getting fixed, then I'll put more resources into him.

This is an answer I would expect.. Thank you