Please for the love of god and this game..

Please please please add new marquee characters to other shipment of the game, not guild shipments, not ships shipments but Galactic War, Cantina, and Arena... it is very much needed for the sake of everyone’s sanity for the KOTOR characters no hard nodes please!

Replies

• Options
    Sorry but Disney and CG doesn’t care about your wants and desires
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    The Devs have said before that they want to leave Galactic War, Cantina and Arena shops largely alone so that players can use them as fuel for the Shard Shop.
    And while I see their logic and think it has a place, I do agree that some occasional variety in those shops would be welcome. Maybe every few months just take one out and put a new one in. Doesn't really need to be a character new to the game, just new to the store would be enough.
  • Options
    Using those locations for shard shop currency is one of the few player friendly changes they made. Guild store and Guild Event store are fine places to put new releases
  • Options
    then at the very least, add some stuff worth getting from the shard shop. they could put some characters there.
  • Options
    then at the very least, add some stuff worth getting from the shard shop. they could put some characters there.

Lol, Gear is worth miles more then chars there. And gg is there ;). There were others, but the exchange is not worth it, Besides, the gear is multiple multiple multiple times more valuable in there.
  • Options
    I agree for all the players who have most of the characters in the cantina/arena! new characters are seriously needed to build teams and upgrade newer characters
  • Options
    I agree for all the players who have most of the characters in the cantina/arena! new characters are seriously needed to build teams and upgrade newer characters

Speak for your own self, Making statements that players want to reduce a source of gear income to refinish off a store is a little presumptive don’t you think.
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    Options

Speak for your own self, Making statements that players want to reduce a source of gear income to refinish off a store is a little presumptive don’t you think.

Well why change the gear in there when you can just add some 2-3 Chars with every refresh.

Those who need/want chars can pick those and every other human being can pick the gear...

Burning all the good chars on hard nodes is just insanity. Mediocre to bad chars like sith marodeur are getting dumped into the cantina nodes that are quite faramble... Also the ship campaign energy needs to refresh faster... Then this could be at least a support to the hard nodes. (even though the shard drops of sion when combined farming in both modes is terrible and sucking)
  • Options
    Leaving those shops alone is a terrible idea, but since they said it they'll never back down now.
  • Options

You DON'T need MK V stun guns?

I deliberately hoard points for the sole purpose of getting those. MK V furnaces too. Don't recall if MK V droid callers are in there. Toons would largely be ignored in favour of gear at my point of the game, even much later on.

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options

You DON'T need MK V stun guns?

I deliberately hoard points for the sole purpose of getting those. MK V furnaces too. Don't recall if MK V droid callers are in there. Toons would largely be ignored in favour of gear at my point of the game, even much later on.

MkV stun guns are ones of the only things I buy from shard shop, but they only show up once every 4 days or so. It would be nice if they made GG cheaper and added a new character or two to the shard shop.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

Lol, Gear is worth miles more then chars there. And gg is there ;). There were others, but the exchange is not worth it, Besides, the gear is multiple multiple multiple times more valuable in there.

I know quite a few people who would only buy the $10 packs upon release, wait for the toon to be released to the shard shop, and have the toons to 7* in a couple of weeks. The shard shop, if you knew how to do it right was a fast way to 7* toons.
  • Options
    sying wrote: »

I know quite a few people who would only buy the $10 packs upon release, wait for the toon to be released to the shard shop, and have the toons to 7* in a couple of weeks. The shard shop, if you knew how to do it right was a fast way to 7* toons.

Quite awhile go yes, but since the removed the chars from there, and added good gear, the gear is much more worth it then it was at the point in game you are referring to.
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    Options

Quite awhile go yes, but since the removed the chars from there, and added good gear, the gear is much more worth it then it was at the point in game you are referring to. [/quote]

AGAIN: Why only have gear there? Give the players the opportunity to decide themselves to pick gear or shards. It's just 3 more slots for char shards. Gear could still be there as it is at the moment.

This would also welcome newer players. If they had finished some chars to 7* getting currency for the shard shop they could farm some chars there and get them to 7 * too. And when they hit the point to farm tough gear they can switch from getting char shards to gear shards.

Would fit all, dont you think?

• Options
    Elendior wrote: »

Quite awhile go yes, but since the removed the chars from there, and added good gear, the gear is much more worth it then it was at the point in game you are referring to.

AGAIN: Why only have gear there? Give the players the opportunity to decide themselves to pick gear or shards. It's just 3 more slots for char shards. Gear could still be there as it is at the moment.

This would also welcome newer players. If they had finished some chars to 7* getting currency for the shard shop they could farm some chars there and get them to 7 * too. And when they hit the point to farm tough gear they can switch from getting char shards to gear shards.

Would fit all, dont you think?

[/quote]

Lol, search the forum, there were a ton of threads begging to berating over that exact th8ng when the devs in their infinite wisdom decided to make the shard shop a gear shop. Lol man there where people defending the idea left and right , we suggested that many times, . . ,, as usual. . . We got this, But in all fairness, . .. the gear that is in there now is far better then it ever was before. And while getting a few chars once in awhile is nice and all, the good gear has definitely grown on everyone that uses the shop for gear. You actually can’t really keep a stash of tokens there anymore cuz there is constantly one to three pieces of gear you need there every t8me you open the store lol
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    sying wrote: »

My comment was in direct response to yours about the exchange rate. I’d say being able to farm a toon to 7* (at the time) for next to nothing when others were paying for it makes it a good exchange rate. I should have been more specific.

Otherwise I agree with you. I know I’m not farming GG for a reason and that reason is gear.
  • Options
    Ghost, I have to disagree with you. New toons going into stores would be fantastic. The reality is that adding toons would change absolutely 100% nothing for those who want to keep using the store to get shard currency. In fact, as soon as you finish one toon, you can use the store only for currency if you wish! So there’s no harm done to those who want the gear.
    On the other hand, it would be a huge improvement for those who want to farm these new toons. There’s only so many hard nodes you can do at once. It was so nice in the early game farming a bunch of toons at once. It feels so dumb that now that I’ve progressed, I’m limited. That feels more like regression.
    TL;DR, Keeping the status quo will make some people happy, but adding new toons to the stores means everyone is happy.

But of course, CG cares most about money, so this won’t happen.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    Lol, can’t disagree with that @Yerff_Caasi
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Lol, can’t disagree with that @Yerff_Caasi

Well that is actualy exact what i have mentioned LOL.

• Options
    You do realize I wasn’t disagreeing with you, I was , possibly poorly, trying to point out the fact that’s this is not a new idea, and that we tried to make it happen the way you suggest when the devs pushed this change on us. And , that in all fairness, the gear now available is better then it was previous, while not ideal possibly, it is still better then it was gearwise.
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I see m8 :)

I'm curious what the devs will make in future to give us new farmin ways. There are simply to many marquee chars and to many good chars on hard notes.

I guess if this wont change many new and older players will have an issue with this and stop playing this game-