GW is all about luck and manipulating the rng

I was doing fine in GW until I swapped out my 4* daka for 6* JC. Difference of about 1k power.

Ever since GW has been solid lv 70 g8 7* teams after #3.

Now look I don't mind a challenge. And I am gearing up my squad and getting better toons, but right now completing GW is all about trial and error with the rng. How lucky can I get? Can I get through this battle? What if I attack this person at this time first so he doesn't use "x" special this round. It is just plain unfun at this point. Minimal strategy, mostly luck. And it takes a lot of time when you have to force quit or retreat multiple times on the same battle seeking that friendly rng.

Do I have a suggestion? Not really. Just make GW fun again.

Replies

• Options
    Old retreat was fun. Not this one.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    It's not just GW, this entire game is luck. Got a Dooku throwing lightning at a Jedi? Watch it fail 3 or 4 games in a row on non-retreatable PVPs. Sweet, I can get a confirmed kill on this Kylo *proceeds to dodge 5 characters in a row then healed to full by Lumi*.

The game is just plain not fun due to RNG. Tahj218 stated old retreat was fun, and I think that is because you actually felt you had some control over the game instead of just retreating, coming back, and playing out the obviously scripted events until you find the one that doesnt just wreck your face.

As for what would make it fun? Well, it's a hard thing to think about if we keep the current setup: 12 battles in a row. The problem is if you make it too easy: people complain they want a challenge. If you make it too hard: you get threads like this. The happy medium seems to be the last 4-5 battles being equal to gear/levels since that means you can mostly make it through the opening, confirming at least a purchase for the day, then having a hard time at the end which makes finishing seem like an accomplishment.

Implementing that takes a lot of time and math, and if they are true about wanting to fix GW then I am all for giving them the time to do it. Unfortunately, it's E.A. (distributed, but E.A. generally gets a nice say in what is prioritized) and they are known to let things like this linger so that they can release the latest and greatest new shop so you can pay them more money. Only time will tell.
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    It's not just GW, this entire game is luck. Got a Dooku throwing lightning at a Jedi? Watch it fail 3 or 4 games in a row on non-retreatable PVPs. Sweet, I can get a confirmed kill on this Kylo *proceeds to dodge 5 characters in a row then healed to full by Lumi*.

The game is just plain not fun due to RNG. Tahj218 stated old retreat was fun, and I think that is because you actually felt you had some control over the game instead of just retreating, coming back, and playing out the obviously scripted events until you find the one that doesnt just wreck your face.

As for what would make it fun? Well, it's a hard thing to think about if we keep the current setup: 12 battles in a row. The problem is if you make it too easy: people complain they want a challenge. If you make it too hard: you get threads like this. The happy medium seems to be the last 4-5 battles being equal to gear/levels since that means you can mostly make it through the opening, confirming at least a purchase for the day, then having a hard time at the end which makes finishing seem like an accomplishment.

Implementing that takes a lot of time and math, and if they are true about wanting to fix GW then I am all for giving them the time to do it. Unfortunately, it's E.A. (distributed, but E.A. generally gets a nice say in what is prioritized) and they are known to let things like this linger so that they can release the latest and greatest new shop so you can pay them more money. Only time will tell.

I dont think it is completely scripted anymore, as I find that my lowest health toons are continuously targeted first by AI no matter the position I place them in.

If it was scripted is would be move 1 attacks position a.

etc...

Especially if you do not have the first move.
  • Options
    And in a battle I am fighting right now just got hit with 9 straight attacks....

How is a level 60 players with more under 5 star players than over win against a team consisting exclusively of level 70 7* Dooku, Sid, Kylo, Phasma(L) and Vader(4*)