New ways to earn Characters

So I’m sure Capital games knows we’re all tired of the monotonous marquee events for the 20th+ time in a row. Let’s brainstorm new ways to earn new characters.

Idea #1. We get a new Geonosian Territory Battle map. One of the nodes gives away Droideka shards similar to what they do with Probe Droid & Rolo.

Idea #2. A LIVE PvP match. Fight 5 matches a day. Winner gets new character shards. Loser gets nothing... or just go by ranks again 1-1,000 giving shards away.

Idea #3. Ship Raid (Eventually) legendary ship shards

Idea#4. Combination ship & character event/Raid. You use your ships to battle. They drop off their pilots to continue the battle on land. Earn new character shards this way.

Idea #5: Territory Wars. Winners get character shards the more GO the more shards you get.

So there’s 5 ways CG could take a break from marque overkill. Anyone else have any ideas?

Replies

• ohgreatitsryan
    53 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I would like to see new TBs.

I could see them going with some sort of leaderboard event for PVP, where you get a set amount free per day and can refill attempts with crystals, but then everyone will moan about it being pay to win, which it will be.

The other options don't really have an easy way to be monetized without people complaining about it not being friendly to F2P.
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.
  • Star_Lord1718
    380 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I love the idea of new TB and a ships raid

My idea:
    This is Star Wars: Galaxy of "HEROES." I wish they would invent a story mode for each new character like a hero's journey (marquee events kind of show a story, but it's vague, lame, easy, and boring). These hero's journeys should be difficult and require specific units that relate to said charactor i.e.
    - Jango Fett, requires prequel era BH.
    - Aura Sing requires prequel era BH+Jango Fett.
    - Droideka requires General Grievous, B2, Magna, Count Dooku, and Jango Fett or something.
    - Revan requires old republic characters.
    The list goes on. Make each story interesting, difficult (like a puzzle not so much as hard - maybe even certain less common zetas are required), and entertaining like that of Luke's and Rey's heroes journeys.

Or they could do a similar idea but make each story mode 2,800 crystals, or $20. Even if they came out with a plethora of characters at the same time, it would be fun to have access to them at all times for purchase in the store whenever we save up enough crystals, or decide to buy them then and there with money. Of course, each purchase would still require characters who need to be leveled, geared, zeta'd and moded so whales would still purchase gear to get each team of 5 ready for one... plus they still need to buy the new toon's gear. I think this will please both F2P and P2P. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Ok, this has 0 chance of happening, but I’m going to throw out an old idea of mine just for fun.

Planetary Wars (Short Version):

There are thousands of planets created and these planets give different rewards and different quantities. It could be gear, character shards, abilities mats, whatever. These rewards are earned whenever your guild conquers a planet and for every X hours you control a planet.

Attacks are earned like raid tickets. When you attack a planet you must first defeat all of their ship blockade, then defeat their ground units. This is done basically exactly like Territory Wars, except any ship that is defeated loses its ground units.

Once you conquer a planet you then setup your defense. Any units set on defense cannot be moved for X hours or until they are defeated. Any units on defense cannot be used to go attack other planets. Guilds can only control 1 planet of a specific resource type, but they can control as many different planets as they like. The more planets they control, the more spread out their defenses are, and the easier they are to be attacked.

You could continually add/cycle through new characters on planets and let guilds battle it out to control them.
  • Options
    Agreed. Some new benefit to the tw would be good. Something to spur more participation.